Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No more exams!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: :banana: :banana2: :banana:

ReputationRep:
    OH MY WORD I've seen my new timetable and I think I'm going to jump out a window. It's horrendous!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackamakka)
    OH MY WORD I've seen my new timetable and I think I'm going to jump out a window. It's horrendous!
    English to end the day twice? Poor thing. Not as bad as having 2 free periods before English, when its your last subject, on a Friday. Postponing my weekend for just English... Yucky.

ReputationRep:
    You have a weird timetable...

Lunch is longer on different days ? And what is Tutor ?

Anyway, so nervous for finding out my timetable. More nervous for finding out on Monday than my exams tbh

ReputationRep:
    Wow, your timetable is weirdly set out... Lunch is shorter on Mondays and Tuesdays than the rest of the week?
    I am really worried about mine, especially the teachers I have no idea when I am supposed to pick mine up so ill probably go to school on the Monday(10th June) and have no idea where to go haha

ReputationRep:
    Wth is a tutor? You get a tutor?

Eh I think my timetable tops that, I ended on a Friday with DOUBLE English... god knows how I coped :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromaldehyde)

Anyway, so nervous for finding out my timetable. More nervous for finding out on Monday than my exams tbh
    (Original post by CSM1996)

Eh I think my timetable tops that, I ended on a Friday with DOUBLE English... god knows how I coped :lol:
    I may be wrong but in my school it's called tutor which is registration time - but it's always first thing for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    English to end the day twice? Poor thing. Not as bad as having 2 free periods before English, when its your last subject, on a Friday. Postponing my weekend for just English... Yucky.
    I had English last on a Friday in 3rd year too. It's really the worst thing ever! But this year it's with a teacher I really like on Thursday and Friday so it should be okay (I hope). That sucks having it set out like you had it, I would've just left

(Original post by Passwords)
    Wow, your timetable is weirdly set out... Lunch is shorter on Mondays and Tuesdays than the rest of the week?
    I am really worried about mine, especially the teachers I have no idea when I am supposed to pick mine up so ill probably go to school on the Monday(10th June) and have no idea where to go haha
    Lunch is 40 mins every day, it's just the way it's formatted on this mini copy I made so you can distinguish before lunch and after lunch. I was really worried about the teachers until I got it today, it'll be fine! Got the teachers I wanted for Chemistry and Maths and got really good teachers for English and RE. I've still to be allocated a Physics teacher because there's two new ones coming in August and Computing haven't sorted out who's taking what yet.

As above, Lunch is 40 mins every day it's just formatted like that on that mini copy. Tutor is basically registration but we have it later in the day. It's just for notices and stuff which would otherwise take up class time. I misread the timetable the first time I saw it and thought my Monday morning was Computing followed by RE, turns out it's not But I suppose it's more the teachers that matter.

See above for what tutor is, basically registration. Double English on Friday afternoon would kill me, but my Friday looks pretty horrible anyway. Double chemistry, Maths and English

(Original post by CanineVet)
    I may be wrong but in my school it's called tutor which is registration time - but it's always first thing for me.
    You are Correct sir!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Hi boys and girls, if you could please see the second part of this post, that'd be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Hi boys and girls, if you could please see the second part of this post, that'd be great!
    If so when are you guys making it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    If so when are you guys making it?
    TBA. Whenever we decide is a good time, but we don't know yet!

ReputationRep:
    TBA. Whenever we decide is a good time, but we don't know yet!
    It's like the release of a movie

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    It's like the release of a movie

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Except much better value for your money, right?

ReputationRep:
    Except much better value for your money, right?
    Yeah, suuuuuuureee. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    That sounds great. Especially because there will be people for example in 6th year doing the same Higher as others in 5th year.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yeah, suuuuuuureee. :shifty:
    Are you denying the excellence of ScotQuals? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Are you denying the excellence of ScotQuals? :eek:
    No way, Jose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    I'm just going to put it here that Higher English is every bit as hard as you think it'll be
    It's not! I'm not being cocky, but it actually felt like a continuation of standard grade for me. Most of my highers felt like that, I didn't notice the infamous 'big jump' at all, except for in physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringMedic8)
    It's not! I'm not being cocky, but it actually felt like a continuation of standard grade for me. Most of my highers felt like that, I didn't notice the infamous 'big jump' at all, except for in physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well to be honest, you are getting a lot more class time on topics than all of us if you are doing them over 2 years. So you have time to go over stuff you may be stuck at, whereas in a one year higher, you basically move on the next day and if you don't get it, well tough really :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringMedic8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheeky bugga' Higher English is hell you! But yeah, that 'big jump' thing was a farce I think the only higher I ever really had trouble with was Chemistry. Although, English did go horribly horrible...

Well to be honest, you are getting a lot more class time on topics than all of us if you are doing them over 2 years. So you have time to go over stuff you may be stuck at, whereas in a one year higher, you basically move on the next day and if you don't get it, well tough really :lol:
    Cheating man. Just cheating. He'll get the shock of his life doing AH's in a year after doing Highers over 2 :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.