Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hendycfc)
    Damn. In the AMS vs FPTP essay I've been using the landslide victories for Labour in the 1997 and 2001 elections as one of my points. Basically how their landslide victories allowed them a majority government which is allowed them to push through manifesto promises such as the devolved scottish parliament.
    I'm sure that's fine, I've been using the 2001 election as well, about how many Labour voters didn't vote, but because they lived in areas where Labour seats were safe, FPTP means they still won with a massive majority. I think as long as it's relevant it should be ok

ReputationRep:
    In complete panic mode! Does anyone have any recent statistics to do with pressure groups? I can't find any in my notes...

Also, what would you put in an essay about social and economic reform in China?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eclxx)
    Hey everyone,

Does anyone doing South Africa have any predictions? My teacher thinks it will be on social and economic policies but there are so many questions that could be like that. Any other inputs?

Thanks!
    Yeah I've not really heard of any predictions for South Africa but would policies be on everything like health, housing, crime, education and also like BEE?? That's such a broad question, would you have to talk about the inequalities as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionaellie)
    In complete panic mode! Does anyone have any recent statistics to do with pressure groups? I can't find any in my notes...

Also, what would you put in an essay about social and economic reform in China?
    Economic reforms:
    SEZ
    Private enterprise
    Household responsibility
    WTO

In general talk about how China has opened up its market and is becoming one of the biggest economies today. Perhaps a brief contrast pre-1980s if relevant.

Social reforms:

Relaxation of Hukou
    Health & education reforms
    Housing

Just try to remember some key facts but remember the balance.

ReputationRep:
    Arghh...there's so much to remember for Powers of the President.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    Arghh...there's so much to remember for Powers of the President.
    Are you going to bother learning that in much detail? I was thinking that I'd just look over Powers of the President / Checks and Balances briefly, seeing as it came up last year but everyone here seems to be talking about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skier16)
    Are you going to bother learning that in much detail? I was thinking that I'd just look over Powers of the President / Checks and Balances briefly, seeing as it came up last year but everyone here seems to be talking about it!
    To be frank, I think I'm going to thoroughly revise ethnic minorities' influence on elections, inequalities, immigration more, but I just want to make sure I know the basics in case.
    On the other hand, I think I'm going to totally leave out voting behaviour. What with it having come up in the last two years, it's almost certainly going to be an AMS/STV vs FPTP q.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJennyox)
    Economic reforms:
    SEZ
    Private enterprise
    Household responsibility
    WTO

In general talk about how China has opened up its market and is becoming one of the biggest economys today. Perhaps a brief contrast pre-1980s if relevant.

Social reforms:

Relaxation of Hukou
    Housing
    Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    Economic reforms:
    SEZ
    Private enterprise
    Household responsibility
    WTO

In general talk about how China has opened up its market and is becoming one of the biggest economys today. Perhaps a brief contrast pre-1980s if relevant.

Social reforms:

Relaxation of Hukou
    Housing
    Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionaellie)
    Thanks so much!
    No problem and good luck! Most people seem to be doing South Africa or USA. There is not much for China. Just make sure that you can answer every essay and you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=amber_sss;42478107]Yeah I've not really heard of any predictions for South Africa but would policies be on everything like health, housing, crime, education and also like BEE?? That's such a broad question, would you have to talk about the inequalities as well?

Yeah all of those, including BEE I'm afraid. Yeah my teacher says inequalities would be helpful as you can easily link them in with government policies like BEE. Does that answer your question?

ReputationRep:
    No problem and good luck! Most people seem to be doing South Africa or USA. There is not much for China. Just make sure that you can answer every essay and you should be fine.
    Yeah i do the USA aswell but have picked up on that quite easily. We did China at the beginning of the year and information can disappear in that space of time. Everything should be fine, i need to remember not to get stressed out!

ReputationRep:
    When doing the essay on social class and voting behaviour what should my paragraphs be on? I'm getting confused. Please help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionaforsyth1)
    When doing the essay on social class and voting behaviour what should my paragraphs be on? I'm getting confused. Please help me!
    I generally do one on social class itself, one on geography and how that links to social class, one on the image / personality of the leader and one on media and how that links to social class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skier16)
    I generally do one on social class itself, one on geography and how that links to social class, one on the image / personality of the leader and one on media and how that links to social class.
    Thank you very much! I get it now

ReputationRep:
    MY DREAM EXAM
    POLITICS IN THE UK: pressure groups and voting behaviours
    HEALTH AND WEALTH: poverty/lifestyle choices affect on health
    USA: powers of president/checks and balances

ReputationRep:
    Could immigration or underrepresentation/ political progress could come up in the USA?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=eclxx;42478819]
    (Original post by amber_sss)
    Yeah I've not really heard of any predictions for South Africa but would policies be on everything like health, housing, crime, education and also like BEE?? That's such a broad question, would you have to talk about the inequalities as well?

Yeah all of those, including BEE I'm afraid. Yeah my teacher says inequalities would be helpful as you can easily link them in with government policies like BEE. Does that answer your question?
    Yes that does answer my question, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Earlier someone talked about the USA essay possibly being about social and economic reforms in the USA. What would I talk about here?

ReputationRep:
    How long should you spend on writing each essay? in the exam is it about 22 minutes?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.