Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babychocolate)
    I would say that you have a chance and yes barts is a part of queen mary london

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well spotted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etry)
    The prediction is for AS actually. I'm sitting for AS in two weeks. My UKCAT average is 717.5 but got a band 3 for situational judgement. Is that going to affect anything? Pretty worried :\
    they arent looking at SJT this year, I checked with them

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone! i'm in my last year at american high school, and so i would be applying to barts as an international. i have 850 ucas tariff (430 already earned, plus 420 predicted for this year) and 3100 ukcat. i really love barts and i really want to apply. any advice?

i also have a question about age requirements: i know we have to be 18 "at the start of the course", but when is that? the queen mary website lists term dates but the thing about that is there's an induction week (starting 15 september), and then the teaching starts a week after that (22 september). I'll be 18 on 18 september, in the middle of induction week. given that the teaching doesn't start till the 22nd, is that the "start of the course" the 22nd or the 15th?

thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redheadsoprano)
    hi everyone! i'm in my last year at american high school, and so i would be applying to barts as an international. i have 850 ucas tariff (430 already earned, plus 420 predicted for this year) and 3100 ukcat. i really love barts and i really want to apply. any advice?

i also have a question about age requirements: i know we have to be 18 "at the start of the course", but when is that? the queen mary website lists term dates but the thing about that is there's an induction week (starting 15 september), and then the teaching starts a week after that (22 september). I'll be 18 on 18 september, in the middle of induction week. given that the teaching doesn't start till the 22nd, is that the "start of the course" the 22nd or the 15th?

thanks xx
    Is this 430 earned from Music qualification because it looks like as if you are calculating tariff for your AS grades as well. And the age matter, its best to ask the Admission tutor via email. They usually want the students to be 18 on the day when course starts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Is this 430 earned from Music qualification because it looks like as if you are calculating tariff for your AS grades as well. And the age matter, its best to ask the Admission tutor via email. They usually want the students to be 18 on the day when course starts.
    in the us we have advanced placement exams (equivalent to a levels) and you can take them in the last and second last years. the 430 is from my ap scores from last year

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im just wondering if it matters that im only doing 3 A2s, my ucas tariff is 550 btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    they arent looking at SJT this year, I checked with them
    That's really good to hear. Thank you (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_maths)
    Hi, im just wondering if it matters that im only doing 3 A2s, my ucas tariff is 550 btw
    Not really, obviously 550 is a competitive tariff (i hope because im applying with 540)
    but if you do more A levels you get more tariff which is beneficial but if doing more A levels will effect your grades then it's not worth it, especially since your tariff is pretty competitive anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Not really, obviously 550 is a competitive tariff (i hope because im applying with 540)
    but if you do more A levels you get more tariff which is beneficial but if doing more A levels will effect your grades then it's not worth it, especially since your tariff is pretty competitive anyway!
    sweet, I was on 540 but found out funtional skills maths gets you 10 lol

ReputationRep:
    - I'm thinking of applying here and I was just wondering how many points does the epq carry if it is included in the ucas tariff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping to apply here for dentistry with UKCAT 760 and UCAS Tarriff 590.. lots of people have amazing score overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redheadsoprano)

thanks xx
    :eek: 850 is very, very good, you'd have one of the highest tariffs lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, new member here
    I'm thinking of applying to Bart's for Medicine. I've achieved A*A*BBa for my A-levels, with the Bs in Chemistry & Further Maths. My UCAS tarriff is 610, with the extra A level + music qualification. UKCAT is 770 average, 3080 total.

How do you think Bart's would view such a situation? Would I have a chance of being considered?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PencilSkirt)
    Hi guys, new member here
    I'm thinking of applying to Bart's for Medicine. I've achieved A*A*BBa for my A-levels, with the Bs in Chemistry & Further Maths. My UCAS tarriff is 610, with the extra A level + music qualification. UKCAT is 770 average, 3080 total.

How do you think Bart's would view such a situation? Would I have a chance of being considered?

Thanks!
    I don't you are likely to get an off because the offer is 3As and you have A*A*B. They don't accept resit applicants either so you csn't resit the B to an A. Infact the only uni that may consider A*A*B is keele unless you resit the B. I hope this helps
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does Barts look at the Ukcat overall total or do they look at individual subsets??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Considering changing Queen Mary for HYMS/UEA... I'm a bit stuck
    QMUL, HYMS and UEA are all in my choices! How come your thinking of changing?

ReputationRep:
    Just sent off my form to college. Applying to Barts with 5A* predictions, no music qualification. Ucas tariff 700 to compensate my low UKCAT score of 635. Hope to get an interview and offer from here in sha Allah !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    QMUL, HYMS and UEA are all in my choices! How come your thinking of changing?
    I just didn't get a good vibe from the open day. Leaning towards HYMS now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    I just didn't get a good vibe from the open day. Leaning towards HYMS now!
    did you go to hyms open day? how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    I am applying to Barts. I have AAA at Alevls and B at AS. UKCAT of 2800.
    Do I stand a chance?? Everyone else seems to be doing so many alevels/AS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.