Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillith)
    no she has applied as a late applicant. She is 33 and an independent candidate. They said they have places left but she isnt bothered about waiting until next year as she has 2 babies.
    Ahhh yeah, I went to the Applicant day and they said they take around 70/80 people and split it into about 3/4 groups

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently a first year studying BA English Literature at MMU. I'll be going into my second year next year and I also have a boyfriend who is going into his third year of Bsc Physiotherapy.

If anyone needs ANY information on uni halls, private halls, student union, Manchester night life, Uni resources, any of the English courses, or info on Physio OR absolutely anything at all no matter what it is, just let me know

I'm happy to talk to anyone about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxElla93xX)
    Hi, I'm currently a first year studying BA English Literature at MMU. I'll be going into my second year next year and I also have a boyfriend who is going into his third year of Bsc Physiotherapy.

If anyone needs ANY information on uni halls, private halls, student union, Manchester night life, Uni resources, any of the English courses, or info on Physio OR absolutely anything at all no matter what it is, just let me know

I'm happy to talk to anyone about it.
    Is mmu a good university? How is the night life? Do they provide reasonable support or leave you to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do BA Creative Writing, so I'll be based at the Cheshire campus!

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for Business Management Sandwich!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leanne1996)
    Is mmu a good university? How is the night life? Do they provide reasonable support or leave you to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I think it is a great university but you need to overcome anything you have learnt in college if you are coming straight from college or sixth form. This is because you will be expected to work independently and get on with your own work but your tutors will always be at the end of an email if you need them, and they will also provide tutorial times where you can make an appointment to just pop into see them.

As for the night life, it is really good! Clubs and bars are always busy. Weekdays are always the best as fridays and weekends tend to be very expensive and most of the locals go out on these days. Most clubs are near each other too so you can nip into and out of lots. However, that depends on what music you like. Always make sure you get your names on guestlists, have a leaflet and ALWAYS take your student card out with you You can get into places cheaper if you have it on you in some places. Oh and in Freshers week, try to refrain from just signing up to every club that is offering a 'freshers wristband' and telling you it'll be sold out. Most of the time they'll never be sold out, or it won't actually be that good. Try to stick to picking somewhere to go on the night.

Hope this helps, anything else let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxElla93xX)
    Hi, I think it is a great university but you need to overcome anything you have learnt in college if you are coming straight from college or sixth form. This is because you will be expected to work independently and get on with your own work but your tutors will always be at the end of an email if you need them, and they will also provide tutorial times where you can make an appointment to just pop into see them.

As for the night life, it is really good! Clubs and bars are always busy. Weekdays are always the best as fridays and weekends tend to be very expensive and most of the locals go out on these days. Most clubs are near each other too so you can nip into and out of lots. However, that depends on what music you like. Always make sure you get your names on guestlists, have a leaflet and ALWAYS take your student card out with you You can get into places cheaper if you have it on you in some places. Oh and in Freshers week, try to refrain from just signing up to every club that is offering a 'freshers wristband' and telling you it'll be sold out. Most of the time they'll never be sold out, or it won't actually be that good. Try to stick to picking somewhere to go on the night.

Hope this helps, anything else let me know!
    Thank you very much!!! I've just firmed it now im so excited, just wondering if you've seen how the birley fields campus is coming along? That's where I'll be based as I'm wanting to do primary education, thank you for your help though! Sounds like a great place to be x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to an applicant day on 5th of April?? And is it weird to go to one on your own?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omghelp)
    Anyone going to an applicant day on 5th of April?? And is it weird to go to one on your own?
    Hi, I went to my applicant day with my boyfriend. You can reserve a place for someone else to go with you if you want to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leanne1996)
    Thank you very much!!! I've just firmed it now im so excited, just wondering if you've seen how the birley fields campus is coming along? That's where I'll be based as I'm wanting to do primary education, thank you for your help though! Sounds like a great place to be x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi again, my boyfriend will be at that campus in his third year next year. I haven't seen how the building is coming along but the 3D film of what it will look like looks amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliviargh)
    Anybody hoping to stay in Victoria Halls or Oxford Court?
    might end up choosing victoria halls!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody going to study forensic science and psychology??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danie101)
    might end up choosing victoria halls!
    Ah yay! I was beginning to think there was nobody else because it seems everyone's going towards Cambridge or Briarfields. What will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    I have a conditional offer to study events management

ReputationRep:
    I have put law as my firm too so confused about halls though! dont know whether the en suite is worth the extra money a year gr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danie101)
    I'm still so confused guys! Anyone got Law as their firm? I have no idea which accommodation I'm going to choose!
    I've got Law as my firm too still don't know about accomodation. loads r saying cambridge hall but i dont really like the look. not sure if i want an en suite either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambain95)
    I've got Law as my firm too still don't know about accomodation. loads r saying cambridge hall but i dont really like the look. not sure if i want an en suite either
    Cambridge halls look better than they do on the pictures if you haven't seen them already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katemccormick)
    Cambridge halls look better than they do on the pictures if you haven't seen them already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I havent been to see accomodation and don't think ill have time to go before the I apply either. But will probably be one of my choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambain95)
    I havent been to see accomodation and don't think ill have time to go before the I apply either. But will probably be one of my choices
    Yeah they're nicer than they look online!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin xx)
    I have a conditional offer to study events management
    Me too!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 16, 2014

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.