The Student Room Group

LSE Postgrad Applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Looks like the official LSE Postgrad 2014-15 group is active again on Facebook.

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1419474351599521/
Original post by casusa
Has anyone waited more than the max 8 weeks?

I got the 4th email the 21st of January. Tomorrow, I have waited 7 weeks since the 4th email.
Reply 342
Original post by Fint_Math_DK
I got the 4th email the 21st of January. Tomorrow, I have waited 7 weeks since the 4th email.

You should probably hear something this week then. Was your application complete when you received your 4th email?

I received my 4th email 8 weeks ago tomorrow, but my last reference was not updated before later.

This is a very competitve course so I expect it to close for applications soon, if I am not wrong it closed before Easter last year.
Reply 343
Original post by buddy23
My application for the MSc of City Design and Social Science was sent to the department on the 24th of January (after my last reference was processed). I received an unconditional offer (via the graduate tracker online) on the 10th of February.

So it was just a little bit over a two week turn around :smile:

Good luck everyone, hope you get responses quickly

congratulations!! i applied for the same programme and received the "Your Application will now be sent to the department" email on the 20th of February. HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM THEM and am freaking out proper although theres still plenty of time. May I ask what course you're currently doing? :smile:
Original post by casusa
You should probably hear something this week then. Was your application complete when you received your 4th email?

I received my 4th email 8 weeks ago tomorrow, but my last reference was not updated before later.

This is a very competitve course so I expect it to close for applications soon, if I am not wrong it closed before Easter last year.

Everything was complete when I submitted the 9th of January, so my application was complete when I recieved the 4th email.

A friend of mine applied for 'Applied Mathematics' the same day as I applied for FinMath and he got rejected the 25th of February. Since both programmes are in the same department I would expect to get an answer soon..
Reply 345
Everything was complete when I submitted the 9th of January, so my application was complete when I recieved the 4th email.

A friend of mine applied for 'Applied Mathematics' the same day as I applied for FinMath and he got rejected the 25th of February. Since both programmes are in the same department I would expect to get an answer soon..

Not nice for your friend, but it is nice to know that the math department has allready sent out some rejections. You probably will get a offer for one of the courses since they have let you wait this long.
Reply 346
Do you have to upload a CV when applying? It does not state it anywhere but I have read here that some people included it? I'm a bit confused.
Original post by 92DL
Do you have to upload a CV when applying? It does not state it anywhere but I have read here that some people included it? I'm a bit confused.

You don't have to upload a CV. However, it will only support you application if you attach a CV, unless you have a "bad" CV.
Original post by 92DL

I included my CV, and I think it was appropriate for what I was applying for (MSc Management and Human Resources). What are you applying for?
Reply 349
Original post by oli92
Looks like the official LSE Postgrad 2014-15 group is active again on Facebook.

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1419474351599521/

Finally! Thanks!
Reply 350
You don't have to upload a CV. However, it will only support you application if you attach a CV, unless you have a "bad" CV.

Thanks!
Reply 351
Original post by valerieestelle
I included my CV, and I think it was appropriate for what I was applying for (MSc Management and Human Resources). What are you applying for?

I am applying for MSc Regulation and MSc Political Economy of Europe.

Thank you
Reply 352
Original post by Bullvine
Received an unconditional offer into the MSc Political Theory program on Monday, January 27th.

Hey!
Can you tell me how long it took the department to process your application?
Reply 353
Original post by acelora
congratulations!! i applied for the same programme and received the "Your Application will now be sent to the department" email on the 20th of February. HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM THEM and am freaking out proper although theres still plenty of time. May I ask what course you're currently doing? :smile:

So glad to hear from a fellow urban enthusiast! I graduated in December with a Bachelor of Environments (Major in Urban Geography, Minor in Architecture) at the University of Melbourne. What about you?
Reply 354
Original post by casusa
Has anyone waited more than the max 8 weeks?

I got an offer for the MSc in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics yesterday after 15 weeks. Waiting's not always a bad thing it seems.
Reply 355
Original post by lexisisis
I got an offer for the MSc in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics yesterday after 15 weeks. Waiting's not always a bad thing it seems.

Congratulations :smile: Have you decided where you are going? (Cambridge, LSE or maybe Oxford?)

I had expected LSE to be faster than Cambridge, but as you said I am still waiting for all of my applications so it is probably not all bad :smile:
Reply 356
Just crossed the 8 weeks line waiting for MSc Economics.
Reply 357
Original post by haart
Just crossed the 8 weeks line waiting for MSc Economics.

You probably hear something soon then :wink:
Reply 358
Original post by casusa
Congratulations :smile: Have you decided where you are going? (Cambridge, LSE or maybe Oxford?)

I had expected LSE to be faster than Cambridge, but as you said I am still waiting for all of my applications so it is probably not all bad :smile:

Thanks! Yeah, hang in there :smile: I'm really struggling to come to a decision between LSE, Cam and UCL, but mainly the first two :s-smilie:
Anyone heard anything from dept of management yet?:mad::angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending