The Student Room Group

illusionz' ICF blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by illusionz
My bench is about the same time span behind yours as your deadlift is behind mine. Who can catch the other first :biggrin:

To get on my level I need you to damage a pec and elbow to equal it up with my knee and back

Spoiler

Original post by Angry cucumber
To get on my level I need you to damage a pec and elbow to equal it up with my knee and back

Spoiler

my pecs are getting swole(n). Does that count?
my pecs are getting swole(n). Does that count?

Nah man, no pics... hence I don't believe you hence it does not count hence DYEB?

:tongue:
Yep it is. I thought you were ahead of me in bench :redface:

88kg

edit always had it in my head you were ahead of me on bench, but that might have been before your hiatus. I don't know that I'd get 90x2. 77.5 today was the highest weight I've ever done as never tried a 1RM/2RM etc

well i was also nearly a 100kg bodyweight at that time and it was one of those odd days where everything just felt perfect, had brother and friends motivating me, loud music etc. i think we're pretty similar atm (i'm about 89kg bw now)
Your deadlift, damnnnnnn son. :eek:
Excellent progress dude. More in 6 months than I've made at all :tongue:
meh session. 5.5h sleep last night and 11.5h at work today, was not very energetic and it showed in the deadlift.

DL
187.5x3 with **** form. Stopped before my ego broke my back.

DB Press
26kg 7x5 PB
Was intending on going for 28s but the way I was feeling no chance. Added volume to ensure got that progressive overload

Row -10%
72.5 5x5

Dips
BW paused 5
+14kg 8, 8, 7 PB

Inc curls 12kg x8

EZ bar curls
+20 x 8, 8
+25 x 6
+20 x 8
Those are good gains for 6 months. Much better than me
Bench
80kg 3x5, 4+its all you
77.5 4+its all you
Wasn't going to get the assisted reps without a tiny bit of help so dont feel cheated. If anything get good feels from going beyond failure.
Then did 60kg to failure as egged on by mate. Got 11 reps

Row 80 5x5
Didn't feel great

Shrugs 105kg 4x8

Dips +14kg 8,8,6. Dead from benching.

Curl stuff. Did lots ok diff stuff as wrist pain. Need to sort

Very happy with the bench today. I have the BW bench as good as nailed which is nice, and repping 80kg feels like I actually lift now. Now the only dilemma is whether to go for 5x5 next session or 3x5 of 82.5. Tempted to drop top worksets to 3x5 to get progression and get that 100kg bench as fast as possible. Squirb I'm coming bro :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Is it on the underside of your wrist in the centre? If so don't curl for a week or so. I find chins a good/ better alternative

Also see how you feel, if you feel strong go for 82.5 3 x 5 or go for 5x5 at 80

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it on the underside of your wrist in the centre? If so don't curl for a week or so. I find chins a good/ better alternative

Also see how you feel, if you feel strong go for 82.5 3 x 5 or go for 5x5 at 80

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the outer two metacarpals and the outer side of my wrist. I think it's also from too much time on a pc with a bad mouse grip. The pain is when I am supporting a weight with an underhand grip.

I think it's been brought on by underhand grip rows mainly as those were the exercise when I first started feeling it, along with straight bar curls.

I'm going to just do chins for biceps for the foreseeable future now, and overhand rows. Should be fine.

Also just had a look back, seems my bench is just over 2 months behind yours (maybe more as you did a lot of heavy DB stuff before moving to BB).
Nice progress.
I get wrist pain when gripping things underhand as well. Stopped curling for a few weeks. Just doing hammers and slightly lighter incline curls now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's the outer two metacarpals and the outer side of my wrist. I think it's also from too much time on a pc with a bad mouse grip. The pain is when I am supporting a weight with an underhand grip.

I think it's been brought on by underhand grip rows mainly as those were the exercise when I first started feeling it, along with straight bar curls.

I'm going to just do chins for biceps for the foreseeable future now, and overhand rows. Should be fine.

Also just had a look back, seems my bench is just over 2 months behind yours (maybe more as you did a lot of heavy DB stuff before moving to BB).

I changed to barbell in late Jan/Feb time. Got 85kg 1 x 5 then. Most I got was 100 x 3 and that was just after Easter but I had a full deload in that + lambing.. so you're good for 6-8 weeks behind tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I changed to barbell in late Jan/Feb time. Got 85kg 1 x 5 then. Most I got was 100 x 3 and that was just after Easter but I had a full deload in that + lambing.. so you're good for 6-8 weeks behind tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did think you swapped over longer ago... But then I was reading some posts from April and you were DB benching, then a week later you were doing BB bench with 80/85 5x5 style.

I'll see if I can get to your level by August.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just looked back a bit further and yes, seems I was looking post lambing and deload. Ah well. Main aim is to win the 100kg bench comp :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Also just spotted you've done a dip + 50kg. Holy ****.
I did think you swapped over longer ago... But then I was reading some posts from April and you were DB benching, then a week later you were doing BB bench with 80/85 5x5 style.

I'll see if I can get to your level by August.

Started barbell in 30/1 got 82.5kg according to my blog :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Started barbell in 30/1 got 82.5kg according to my blog :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

tfw 2 months becomes 5 :biggrin:
Gosh this thread looks tiring!
tfw 2 months becomes 5 :biggrin:

Ive hardly benched in the last month.. You have 4 months.. 3.5 if I'm being picky :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest