Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    So you don't care who pays for it until things start going wrong? As a Leeds fan I'd have thought you'd be more wary of these types but there you go. It's such a short term attitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well bumbling along in the middle of the Championship isn't any good, is it? I want my team to rise up to the top, and if that means getting a multi-millionaire foreigner running the club instead of John Smith down the road then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    Well bumbling along in the middle of the Championship isn't any good, is it? I want my team to rise up to the top, and if that means getting a multi-millionaire foreigner running the club instead of John Smith down the road then so be it.
    That's what I used to think-now my club is a tinpot joke playing 35 miles down the road. Having big investors is not in itself terrible but when they take 100% ownership then it's an enormous gamble which takes things out of the fans' hands and prevents there being any transparency.

The whole reason you're in the Championship is because of shady ownership.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's what I used to think-now my club is a tinpot joke playing 35 miles down the road. Having big investors is not in itself terrible but when they take 100% ownership then it's an enormous gamble which takes things out of the fans' hands and prevents there being any transparency.

The whole reason you're in the Championship is because of shady ownership.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cellino has 75%.

GFH put absolutely no money into the club. If we wanted players we had to sell players. It is a risk but if it pays off the reward is huge. I'd rather take that risk instead of spending the next 10 years treading water in the Championship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    Cellino has 75%.

GFH put absolutely no money into the club. If we wanted players we had to sell players. It is a risk but if it pays off the reward is huge. I'd rather take that risk instead of spending the next 10 years treading water in the Championship.
    75%, 100%, anything more than 50 and you're in dangerous territory. Good luck to Leeds with this guy but as I said, this is no way for English football to run itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    75%, 100%, anything more than 50 and you're in dangerous territory. Good luck to Leeds with this guy but as I said, this is no way for English football to run itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is anymore than 50 dangerous territory - business men have owned football clubs in mass majorities for a long time, in the main to no issues at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Why is anymore than 50 dangerous territory - business men have owned football clubs in mass majorities for a long time, in the main to no issues at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is only since the amount of money in football skyrocketed that there has been a problem-the business world in general has become a lot shadier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is only since the amount of money in football skyrocketed that there has been a problem-the business world in general has become a lot shadier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agree. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A year today bradford went to the league cup final, despite losing we showed our great support. Great memories

Its only a cup who gives a ****
    Were super city
    and were going up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    A year today bradford went to the league cup final, despite losing we showed our great support. Great memories

Its only a cup who gives a f**K
    Were super city
    and were going up
    I thought it was harsh to send your keeper off when the game was basically over anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Its only a cup who gives a f**K
    Were super city
    and were going up
    I remember the night you got into the finals.
    What a cold, dreadful night. Thing of nightmares.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was harsh to send your keeper off when the game was basically over anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it was, unfair. I mean there was no chance we would have got back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuffsgrooveyman)
    I remember the night you got into the finals.
    What a cold, dreadful night. Thing of nightmares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah very upsetting but still great day out though, and we really livened the atmosphere. Give the team a lot of credit coming from league two and beating premier league teams including Arsenal.

Who do you support ?

ReputationRep:
    Alas the great Sheffield derby clash in the next round of the cup was not meant to be probably the easiest FA cup draw we've ever had and we mess up against Charlton of all teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Alas the great Sheffield derby clash in the next round of the cup was not meant to be probably the easiest FA cup draw we've ever had and we mess up against Charlton of all teams.
    Last time a 3rd tier club got to the semis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last time a 3rd tier club got to the semis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dunno i've never taken notice of the cup really because we've been destroyed in the first few rounds for the last decade.

Although Bradford made it last year (although not 3rd tier at the time).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Dunno i've never taken notice of the cup really because we've been destroyed in the first few rounds for the last decade.

Although Bradford made it last year (although not 3rd tier at the time).
    I meant FA Cup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I meant FA Cup

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My bad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah very upsetting but still great day out though, and we really livened the atmosphere. Give the team a lot of credit coming from league two and beating premier league teams including Arsenal.

Who do you support ?
    Arsenal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuffsgrooveyman)
    Arsenal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And where are you from? 50 quid says it's not North London.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually waging £50.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And where are you from? 50 quid says it's not North London.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually waging £50.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmaaoo you would have gotten your 50 quid...why do you think that? Scotland, although I lived in England for a while..

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.