Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls or boys? Who pays? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    You're still nothing unless you roll with the king
    Huh? Princesses are daughters of Kings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top Queen)
    Not really. I just can't date certain types of people.
    Those people being the ones who either don't have money, or don't want to pay for everything. The only people you will date are ones richer than you, and ones who will pay for what you want. That is the definition of a gold digger.

ReputationRep:
    Huh? Princesses are daughters of Kings.
    Yes

but the Crown goes to the King's son not the daughter

so if you want to be a Queen you have to roll the King still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    Those people being the ones who either don't have money, or don't want to pay for everything. The only people you will date are ones richer than you, and ones who will pay for what you want. That is the definition of a gold digger.
    Not really, I date people who have less money than me, they just can't be poor. I don't expect everyone to have more money than me, but if they're poor then no.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I date people who have less money than me, they just can't be poor. I don't expect everyone to have more money than me, but if they're poor then no.
    OK then, that still shows you won't go out with anyone who doesn't have money or isn't willing to splash it out on you. That is still putting the money before the person, which is being a gold digger.

Nevertheless, do you really think that relationships aren't partnerships? Shouldn't you do as much for your boyfriend as he does for you? Shouldn't you treat him like a prince if you want to be treated like a princess? The golden rule of ethics is treat others how you would like to be treated. Now, that's just for being a decent person to everyone, but you can even be bothered to follow the rule of reciprocation and compromise for your own boyfriend. How sad.

ReputationRep:
    OK then, that still shows you won't go out with anyone who doesn't have money or isn't willing to splash it out on you. That is still putting the money before the person, which is being a gold digger.

Nevertheless, do you really think that relationships aren't partnerships? Shouldn't you do as much for your boyfriend as he does for you? Shouldn't you treat him like a prince if you want to be treated like a princess? The golden rule of ethics is treat others how you would like to be treated. Now, that's just for being a decent person to everyone, but you can even be bothered to follow the rule of reciprocation and compromise for your own boyfriend. How sad.
    Why should I go out with somebody who doesn't have money? Is it my fault the don't have money? People have preferences in relationships and one of mine is making sure the person isn't poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    I guess girls are easier to please than I gave them credit for!
    LOL! Exactly. It's pretty simple really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hexagonalRod)
    He'll get to see you pout either way.
    you do realise that I don't actually pout often right?

ReputationRep:
    It's more than cheeky, it shows those girls up as spoiled brats. They shouldn't even expect their parents to pay for everything all the, let alone their boyfriends.

What a pitiful existence one would live if they cared so much about money, despite being wealthy, and having others pay for them.

haha... IKR!
    talking about spoilt... there is a girl in my school, who is pretty well-off, and she still expects expensive things to be bought for her even though she could easily afford it herself... her poor bf :/

ReputationRep:
    Why should I go out with somebody who doesn't have money? Is it my fault the don't have money? People have preferences in relationships and one of mine is making sure the person isn't poor.
    I understand a girl or guy not wanting someone who never wants to improve their position, or in other words is incredibly lazy, What I don't understand is why you'd not want to date someone who, through no fault of their own, is poor or just average? You're already wealthy, and that aside, even if a guy did have money you wouldn't date him if he treated you like an equal and expected you to pay for yourself.

I ask again, why not treat your boyfriend the way you want to be treated and put as much effort in?

ReputationRep:
    I understand a girl or guy not wanting someone who never wants to improve their position, or in other words is incredibly lazy, What I don't understand is why you'd not want to date someone who, through no fault of their own, is poor or just average? You're already wealthy, and that aside, even if a guy did have money you wouldn't date him if he treated you like an equal and expected you to pay for yourself.

I ask again, why not treat your boyfriend the way you want to be treated and put as much effort in?
    You're arguing with a spoilt 18 year old who's idea of being rich is daddy having money. I had no money as a student but I now earn plenty, but in her wisdom I would have been unsuitable as a student. Their parents should just send each other cheques and skip the middle man, or boy in this case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abigail Tompsett)
    haha... IKR!
    talking about spoilt... there is a girl in my school, who is pretty well-off, and she still expects expensive things to be bought for her even though she could easily afford it herself... her poor bf :/
    Is her TSR account Top Queen? haha, but seriously, that's awful! Her bf should dump her if she isn't going to change her ways!

At least if we went on a date, we'd be on the same wavelength and I wouldn't have the expectation to pay for everything from you. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    You're arguing with a spoilt 18 year old who's idea of being rich is daddy having money. I had no money as a student but I now earn plenty, but in her wisdom I would have been unsuitable as a student. Their parents should just send each other cheques and skip the middle man, or boy in this case.
    Haha, well put man, I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my wife split bills or paid alternately until we got a shared account. She would have liked it otherwise lol

ReputationRep:
    Is her TSR account Top Queen? haha, but seriously, that's awful! Her bf should dump her if she isn't going to change her ways!

At least if we went on a date, we'd be on the same wavelength and I wouldn't have the expectation to pay for everything from you. lol

aha... yeaa... ?

Aha is that you asking?
    im not being a hypocrite, but if is was less willing to let you pay, would you feel more like you would want to pay, because i didn't expect you to, i think psychologically, its nicer for the bf, to buy something for their gf, if their not expected to...

ReputationRep:
    There are always going to be people who find different things attractive, that is not what this is about. It is clearly sexist to say that roles in a relationship should be dictated by sex. Thus OP, you are sexist, and so is your partner. He may be 'nice', but he is nice only because he is sexist.

The reason other people do this differently, is that I guess there are just some people who for some reason find sexism unattractive, like everyone worth spending time with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    You say very many true things I must say
    Many thanks :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noshahmad)
    you do realise that I don't actually pout often right?
    But your pouts are worldclass.

ReputationRep:
    Halvesies. On the odd occasion I've been on a 'date', the guy has always insisted on paying, which I've always found pleasantly chivalrous and gentlemanly in that traditional charm kinda way, especially on a first date, but I wouldn't expect it - and on those occasions I did try several times to at least pay my half, and sometimes have gone on to pay for something else (eg. If he paid for dinner, I'd buy the drinks later) so that it's fair. My man will pay if we grab food when we're out because I'm the one who's driving, so it's all about contributing a fair share.

ReputationRep:
    Used to be that I'd pay voluntarily.

Fat chance of that now. Half's or she goes home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.