The Student Room Group

Edexcel English IGCSE Specification A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by muntilol
SAME! I did not annotate it at all, and i have to do it all know.

I'm writing essays for the questions i feel are coming up, and i've been surprisingly write so far, so hopefully at least one of my predictions come up.

Wow, you write sample essays? That's too much effort for me.
GCSEs are stressing me out. God what did I do to get such a punishment?
Reply 342
Original post by TechBlissTV
The tyger poem is no nice what ya on about!??
Its so easy, links are made to hell, god, after life etc...
So many easy writing stuff and so short

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yhh! I agree so many devices! But, how do you talk about religion without being discriminating?

If there is a question on religion then you've got to make sure you don't offend anyone. Blasphemy is against the law in the UK.
Reply 343
The tyger poem is no nice what ya on about!??
Its so easy, links are made to hell, god, after life etc...
So many easy writing stuff and so short

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not the kind of poem I could comfortably write an A grade essay for though... and that's the problem
Reply 344
Original post by Ramya26
Wow, you write sample essays? That's too much effort for me.
GCSEs are stressing me out. God what did I do to get such a punishment?

It is hard and takes up time, but it's rewarding because i walk into the exam having essays in my head.

Hopefully my predictions come up.

I think God's got it in for you because of your deplordable jokes!:biggrin:
What structure do u have for writing comapison essays?? I am not sure whether to compare poems one by one, compare them at the end or both at the same time
SAME! I did not annotate it at all, and i have to do it all know.

I'm writing essays for the questions i feel are coming up, and i've been surprisingly write so far, so hopefully at least one of my predictions come up.
Original post by artymaniac
What structure do u have for writing comapison essays?? I am not sure whether to compare poems one by one, compare them at the end or both at the same time

Compare them at the same time!!!! Use a semi-colon to show the comparison :tongue: And then at the end you can write a conclusion stating the main comparisons etc.
Reply 347

Here:
Intro

Paragraph on first poem

Paragraph on second poem

Paragraph on a similarity in each poem (two paragraphs in one)

Paragraph on a difference in each poem (two paragraphs in one)

Conclusion

All in all 8/6 paragraphs in 45 minutes.

What about you??
All in all 8/6 paragraphs in 45 minutes. I do a big linking essay but never get the top grades so might try urs
Here:
Intro

Paragraph on first poem

Paragraph on second poem

Paragraph on a similarity in each poem (two paragraphs in one)

Paragraph on a difference in each poem (two paragraphs in one)

Conclusion

All in all 8/6 paragraphs in 45 minutes. I do a big linking essay but never get the top grades so might try urs

What about you??
Reply 349

I always plan on having a so called structure, but most of the time I just end up comparing at once. For instance, I'd make a point about poem one, then say "similarly in poem two" or "where as in poem two" blah blah blah
And then do a conclusion summarizing the main similarities and differences.
Reply 350
It is hard and takes up time, but it's rewarding because i walk into the exam having essays in my head.

Hopefully my predictions come up.

I think God's got it in for you because of your deplordable jokes!:biggrin:

oh god.
I implorde you to forgive my pathetic puns. I thought they were funny punny.
Reply 351

If you are thinking about doing a practice essay i could start another thread where you could post it.

This is for everyone not just artymaniac. Tell me what you think, the idea might be a bit late but if any wants to post their work just say.
Oh thanks Im so grateful for this!!! exactly how I will structure for tommorows!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 353
Oh thanks Im so grateful for this!!! exactly how I will structure for tommorows!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make sure you plan quickly, or you won't have time to do the comparative paragraphs, which is half the marks.

If anyone is bad with timing they should just do the comparative paragraphs because that's what you get marks for.

Remember, it isn't about the way you write it it's about getting the marks!:smile:
So even if I don't structure it but make up a bunch of jumbled Valid points I'll still get the mark, no deduction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 356
So even if I don't structure it but make up a bunch of jumbled Valid points I'll still get the mark, no deduction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's in paragraphs and there is comparison of poems, then there shouldn't be any deduction.
But if the examiner doesn't like your essay I think they could easily deduct marks, so it's better to write in a structure.
Reply 357
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Good luck for tomorrow!

You too!! LAST ENGLISH EXAM!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Hope it goes well for everyone!!!

I know we're all gonna ace this one!:cool:
Reply 358
Original post by Ramya26
oh god.
I implorde you to forgive my pathetic puns. I thought they were funny punny.

That one killed me!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LOOOOOL!!!
Last English exam DONE AND DUSTED!!!
Poems:
IF and PRAYERB4BIRTH.

Thanks Muntilol lol. You ordered me to revise, so lucky I did if and prayer before birth normally wouldn't have done but didn't want to be associated with the word 'lazy' !

Hope you did good, I did exactly your style! Intro, chat about 1, then next, similarities, differences. So good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending