Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    I dont think I want to go to London anymore
    wow. you're easily persuaded.

No, I am in a "I dont want to go to uni" mood. It had nothing to do with this thread. Probably because I have flu, feel sick, cant eat and deathly tired eventhough I slept for about 12 hours last night. I am also annoyed that I am not working today because every 2 minutes I need to be sick So I am going to have to work more at the weekend

ReputationRep:
    Oh no ... get off TSR, get some sleep and feel better soon! PS nothing should get you down about uni it rocks.

I dont want to sleep through the day because I will be awake all night and tired all tomorrow which will disrupt another day.

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to sleep through the day because I will be awake all night and tired all tomorrow which will disrupt another day.
    if it makes u feel better kirst you are top poster for this thread lol, somehow i'm secondi swear lewis and stickman have make so many more comments than me but obv not, of course i have made the odd random comment not unlike this one lol.

i have those random "boo uni boo ucas boo school" days i had one on friday i printed out my PS and i just ripped it up and just thought eurgh no more! buti think that may hvae been bcoz i had a double free and and all everyone was on about was ucas it was jsut annoying me

ReputationRep:
    Meh, we all have such moments.

ReputationRep:
    I have kind of reconsidered my options and so far am applying to:

Warwick
    Nottingham
    Exeter
    Cardiff

Now..

I'm still not sure about London - if I do decide to apply to London I will apply to KCL and LSE.

Otherwise I guess - Birmingham and one other..

(Original post by mtbab)
    if it makes u feel better kirst you are top poster for this thread lol, somehow i'm secondi swear lewis and stickman have make so many more comments than me but obv not, of course i have made the odd random comment not unlike this one lol.

i have those random "boo uni boo ucas boo school" days i had one on friday i printed out my PS and i just ripped it up and just thought eurgh no more! buti think that may hvae been bcoz i had a double free and and all everyone was on about was ucas it was jsut annoying me
    Thats because we rock:p:

Still doesn't make me feel like going to uni I want to do Finance too :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thats because we rock:p:

Still doesn't make me feel like going to uni I want to do Finance too :confused:
    oh yeh i forgot you had your finance thing you wanted to do aswell, you could apply for one of those alevel leavers training contracts with the likes of KPMG or Deloitte or PriceWaterhouseCoopers etc, coz they so some really good things i know deloitte have a gap yr programme and then you havent got to be doin finance etc at uni but they help fund you thru it on some condition that you work for them for a bit once you graduate and then if youve got a law degree and experience with deloitte etc you could pick and choose which route you want to follow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snemapy)
    Ah, see I have yet to actually see Exeter, I've just heard good things. I like the look of Bristol but I'm a bit scared by how popular it is and the level of competition. I also haven't given much thought to taking the LNAT. Do you know if it'd be too late to do it? (and do it well... ) Same applies to Nottingham actually. I see your point about London but I guess it's just somewhere I've never really considered. Mind you, KCL does look tempting with the offers at AAB...
    Also, I loved Warwick, the open day was awesome and it's a lovely campus, but it just seems like they turn down everyone (unlike your lucky self ) and I don't want to waste one of my 6 options on a place that seems to only accept sheer brilliance hehe
    Thanks for your help.
    You can take the LNAT as late as January, but it would probably be best to do in somewhen in October. The test does not require any sort of preparation, but it is advisable to buy one of the books and read the advice given.

(Original post by mtbab)
    oh yeh i forgot you had your finance thing you wanted to do aswell, you could apply for one of those alevel leavers training contracts with the likes of KPMG or Deloitte or PriceWaterhouseCoopers etc, coz they so some really good things i know deloitte have a gap yr programme and then you havent got to be doin finance etc at uni but they help fund you thru it on some condition that you work for them for a bit once you graduate and then if youve got a law degree and experience with deloitte etc you could pick and choose which route you want to follow
    Do you know where I live? The nearest big four is about 2 hours away:mad:

Maybe I will look into the gap year scheme :confused:

Then do the LLB and then decide what field I want to work in.

ReputationRep:
    Remember that Law is a good route into Finance etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok thanks David17 had planned on avoiding Bristol just because of the LNAT but I might look into it more now if I've still got some time to prepare.

(Original post by Stick Man)
    Remember that Law is a good route into Finance etc.
    Thats what I am telling myself as a reason to stick with a law degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snemapy)
    Ah ok thanks David17 had planned on avoiding Bristol just because of the LNAT but I might look into it more now if I've still got some time to prepare.
    You have enough time. But book it soon.

ReputationRep:
    Durham
    Cambridge
    Sheffield
    Nottingham
    Leeds
    Manchester

:rolleyes: Is that a good combination?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown)
    Durham
    Cambridge
    Sheffield
    Nottingham
    Leeds
    Manchester

:rolleyes: Is that a good combination?
    i'm assuming ure pred AAA then but their all AAA you actually have no insurance not even AAB, dont pick a uni you would never go to, but is there not an AAB you would consider lol

ReputationRep:
    i'm assuming ure pred AAA then but their all AAA you actually have no insurance not even AAB, dont pick a uni you would never go to, but is there not an AAB you would consider lol
    Yes I'm pred AAA and I never even thought about applying to one with an entry req of AAB until you just said! It's not like I'm guaranteed to get those A's (how foolish of me lol). Thanks for that

I am going to go for Lancaster for choice 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown)
    Yes I'm pred AAA and I never even thought about applying to one with an entry req of AAB until you just said! It's not like I'm guaranteed to get those A's (how foolish of me lol). Thanks for that
    wow i actually made a difference lol that actually made me smile contentedly lol

I am going to go for Lancaster for choice 6.
    woo!! lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 17, 2007

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.