Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for the Grant Thornton Video interview? Never had one before, so a bit nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramadi88)
    Any tips for the Grant Thornton Video interview? Never had one before, so a bit nervous.
    Hi
    I did it a few weeks ago it's not as scary as it sounds just make sure you're looking at the webcam not the screen and wear a suit!
    You get a lot of time to plan your questions and if you still have time left you can skip the question early so there's not an awkward silence

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC2016)
    Hi
    I did it a few weeks ago it's not as scary as it sounds just make sure you're looking at the webcam not the screen and wear a suit!
    You get a lot of time to plan your questions and if you still have time left you can skip the question early so there's not an awkward silence

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I got a call from the recruitment coordinator in the morning and was told something similar...what I don't understand is the 'preparation time' - do you get to see all the questions beforehand, then prepare? Or is it like one question, then prepare, then answer, then the next?

I'm applying from BRS advisory, so also a bit concerned about the type of job-based questions.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Capgemini, which I'm planning on accepting. Very efficient and friendly throughout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Just got an offer from Capgemini, which I'm planning on accepting. Very efficient and friendly throughout.
    Congratulations buddy! Are you still waiting for anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Congrats! I'm guessing you like the firm then? When I went to the AC it was definitely a very different company to what I was expecting, not sure how I feel about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisepirate)
    Congratulations buddy! Are you still waiting for anyone else?
    Cheers.

I've got upcoming first-round interviews with KPMG and Deloitte and am waiting to hear back from a few other firms that review all applications after the closing date.

I'll withdraw my outstanding applications once I've accepted Capgemini's offer.

Congrats! I'm guessing you like the firm then? When I went to the AC it was definitely a very different company to what I was expecting, not sure how I feel about it
    Everybody I've met so far has been friendly, bright and down-to-earth (refreshing lack of pretentiousness). I also liked the fact that I spent ~2.5 hours in total being interviewed and assessed by senior members of staff from the Capability Teams I was hoping to join - they obviously put of lot of time and effort into the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Cheers.

I've got upcoming first-round interviews with KPMG and Deloitte and am waiting to hear back from a few other firms that review all applications after the closing date.

I'll withdraw my outstanding applications once I've accepted Capgemini's offer.

Everybody I've met so far has been friendly, bright and down-to-earth (refreshing lack of pretentiousness). I also liked the fact that I spent ~2.5 hours in total being interviewed and assessed by senior members of staff from the Capability Teams I was hoping to join - they obviously put of lot of time and effort into the process.
    I agree they are very friendly and efficient, I think I personally feel like if fit in much better at one of the less 'down to earth' (big 4). But congrats again hope you enjoy it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone herd anything from PwC for Management Consulting? Completed the online tests and my application has been under review for over a month now (Sept 2015 intake).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewgalpin)
    Anyone herd anything from PwC for Management Consulting? Completed the online tests and my application has been under review for over a month now (Sept 2015 intake).
    They don't do anythign until the 17th November, they stick to a strict deadline.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any tips for deloitte first round interview? Got mine on tuesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ksimmonds)
    Anyone got any tips for deloitte first round interview? Got mine on tuesday
    Woah woah hold on! You actually managed to book an interview?! When? How? I've been waiting for like 2 months

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I applied to the corporate finance lead advisory role in Aberdeen with EY. Did my tests and passed them just over a week ago. I still haven't heard anything from EY as yet and I was on their website and noticed that all their vacancies in this position have been filled in all other locations except Aberdeen. Do you think I should e-mail them or should I wait as I have passed my tests and should be expecting an interview??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_the_ripper)
    Hi guys I applied to the corporate finance lead advisory role in Aberdeen with EY. Did my tests and passed them just over a week ago. I still haven't heard anything from EY as yet and I was on their website and noticed that all their vacancies in this position have been filled in all other locations except Aberdeen. Do you think I should e-mail them or should I wait as I have passed my tests and should be expecting an interview??
    Definitely email them for an update! It took about a month to get my first round interview which I had yesterday morning and just got told I passed so I'm through to the final stage! It's worth the wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely email them for an update! It took about a month to get my first round interview which I had yesterday morning and just got told I passed so I'm through to the final stage! It's worth the wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply and congrats. I just e-mailed so lets see. What kind of interview was it, i.e. competency, skills based, technical or mix? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    All skills based not you can really prepare for my advice would be to not answer the questions too businessy I think they want to know that you're a normal person who'll fit in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I log into the Deloitte careers portal thing, it shows that I can book an interview on 17 Nov (no other dates). But I haven't received any emails or calls from Deloitte asking me to book an interview. Should I go ahead and just try on the website or wait until someone on their end actually contacts me?

ReputationRep:
    I guess as it's there you should book it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwaway2521)
    When I log into the Deloitte careers portal thing, it shows that I can book an interview on 17 Nov (no other dates). But I haven't received any emails or calls from Deloitte asking me to book an interview. Should I go ahead and just try on the website or wait until someone on their end actually contacts me?

I just logged on and it says 'You have been invited to an interview and group exercise'

Even though I havent had a phone interview, I had email saying I passed the test 2 weeks ago and thats it.
    But it also say there are no open interview slots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ksimmonds)
    I guess as it's there you should book it?
    Hmm I'm just worried that if I rush it, something will mess up like if it doesn't show up properly on their end. May just call tomorrow and ask actually.

(Original post by jsd29)
    I just logged on and it says 'You have been invited to an interview and group exercise'

Even though I havent had a phone interview, I had email saying I passed the test 2 weeks ago and thats it.
    But it also say there are no open interview slots.
    There is no phone interview for Deloitte. The face to face interview and group exercise is the next stage after tests. So we're basically at the same stage.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.