Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Has anyone received a rejection from Mishcon yet? Or if you have received an interview - how long did it take for them to respond? I submitted my application over 4 weeks ago. Thank you
    I got invited to a video interview today and submitted my application on 21st October. If anyone has any hints/tips on a Mishcon video interview that would be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Macfarlanes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp93)
    I got invited to a video interview today and submitted my application on 21st October. If anyone has any hints/tips on a Mishcon video interview that would be amazing!
    Thanks for the reply - and good luck! I submitted my application late October so sounds like there may be a bit more of a wait.

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting too. When did you submit your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonlawlawyer)
    Which VS are you on? I got mine yesterday, too!
    I'm on 13 July - 24 July! How about you?

Are you from London or will you be traveling down and getting accommodation? It all seems very expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    I'm on 13 July - 24 July! How about you?

Are you from London or will you be traveling down and getting accommodation? It all seems very expensive!
    I'm on 6th July - 17th July. Weird that they overlap - are you sure you didn't get any email changing the dates? It is expensive! I'm not from London so not sure what I'll be doing, might have to find some family friends or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonlawlawyer)
    I'm on 6th July - 17th July. Weird that they overlap - are you sure you didn't get any email changing the dates? It is expensive! I'm not from London so not sure what I'll be doing, might have to find some family friends or something!
    That is very weird, I haven't had an e-mail with a different date.

The e-mail I received specified as follows:

Further to your interview, we are delighted to offer you a place on our Summer placement scheme.

The scheme will take place on the dates below:

Monday 13 July - Friday 24 July 2015.
    Will have to e-mail in to check about that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    That is very weird, I haven't had an e-mail with a different date.

Will have to e-mail in to check about that!
    Yeah I had a follow up email after the first apologising and giving me new dates!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Shearman & Sterling for their winter vac scheme?

Also, I applied for the Linklaters Winter Workshop and I got a strange PFO in that they said they liked the app but had lots of applications so would I like to come have lunch with some of their trainees. Did everyone get this or is this actually a special offer?

ReputationRep:
    Do you all include open days / first year workshops on your application to different firms than where you completed the open day? If so, do they go under "Work Experience"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el arco iris)
    Has anyone heard back from Shearman & Sterling for their winter vac scheme?

Also, I applied for the Linklaters Winter Workshop and I got a strange PFO in that they said they liked the app but had lots of applications so would I like to come have lunch with some of their trainees. Did everyone get this or is this actually a special offer?
    I got this too! I wonder if only a few people got this because I actually did get through to the WG test...

ReputationRep:
    I got this too! I wonder if only a few people got this because I actually did get through to the WG test...
    Thanks for your reply yytan. I thought the test was just an integral part of how they assess the application (a little like HSF send you three to complete after submission)…I mean, I think most, if not everyone, who applied will have been invited to take it and then based upon that as well as the application itself, some were offered the workshop.

I could be wrong though…

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

As a first year law student I am just reading upon different law firms and I am really intrested with the Law firm freshfields bruckhaus deringer.

Anyone obtained a training contract/vacation scheme with them can offer any advice with regards to the application form for training contract and vacation schemes/grades and does the univeristy name really matter?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, seems I didn't kick into gear quickly enough, I only started doing apps this week applying for about 10 summer VSs. In second year at Southampton, got 2:1 in my first year (2:2 contract, 2:1 legal system, 2:1 criminal, 1st constitutional - i'm hoping the 1st distracts from the 2:2 in contract!)

What does everyone reckon is a 'safe' distance from the deadline - ie submitting your application a month before the deadline? I'm now just paranoid that most of my apps won't be in until mid December.

On that note, apart from Clifford Chance and DLA Piper, what other firms don't review apps on a rolling basis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el arco iris)
    Thanks for your reply yytan. I thought the test was just an integral part of how they assess the application (a little like HSF send you three to complete after submission)…I mean, I think most, if not everyone, who applied will have been invited to take it and then based upon that as well as the application itself, some were offered the workshop.

I could be wrong though…
    Hmm. I thought the WG was separate because I sent in my app quite early and they took quite some time to send me the test invitation - thought that was because they had to review the apps.

Are you taking them up on the lunch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    Hey guys, seems I didn't kick into gear quickly enough, I only started doing apps this week applying for about 10 summer VSs. In second year at Southampton, got 2:1 in my first year (2:2 contract, 2:1 legal system, 2:1 criminal, 1st constitutional - i'm hoping the 1st distracts from the 2:2 in contract!)

What does everyone reckon is a 'safe' distance from the deadline - ie submitting your application a month before the deadline? I'm now just paranoid that most of my apps won't be in until mid December.

On that note, apart from Clifford Chance and DLA Piper, what other firms don't review apps on a rolling basis?

Try Nabarro and Wragge Lawrence Graham and Co for their summer schemes. I think Skadden, Covington & Burling and Reed Smith also wait until after the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Hill Dickinson and heard back? If so, how long did it take to hear?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)

You should be fine submitting applications up to a few/couple of weeks before the deadline, unless it's not rolling recruitment. But even then I advise people to submit there's a few/couple weeks before the deadline as they tend to review the earliest applications first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Do you all include open days / first year workshops on your application to different firms than where you completed the open day? If so, do they go under "Work Experience"?
    Yes - you should put them in. I never understand why people would not include them.

Depends on the form structure. If you can't fit them into a work experience section just a short sentence stating "I have attended open days at X, Y and Z" is sufficient.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Skadden, Latham or Weil?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.