Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googy)
    Did anyone else get weirdly opposite feedback? I scored 1 for work experience (with doctors) but 4 for "knowing what its like to be a doctor" which doesn't seem compatible to me...
    i know they already told us but... Is 1 good and 4 bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou87)
    i know they already told us but... Is 1 good and 4 bad?
    Yes, it's done in quintiles so top 20% get 1, bottom 20% get 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googy)
    Yes, it's done in quintiles so top 20% get 1, bottom 20% get 5
    thank you. Was the feedback useful overall? And did you get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    thank you. Was the feedback useful overall? And did you get an offer?
    No offer but I'm on a waiting list for exeter so not given up hope yet.

I didn't find the feedback particularly helpful as I don't know what I did to get those scores, planning on emailing them and asking for more detailed feedback.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection here too

ReputationRep:
    firstly sorry to hear about peoples rejections. I hate the interview process, I wish we were in the French system and we could all fight it out in the first year!

So what do people think is the holdup for everyone else? I live right next to Nottingham so I was expecting a letter today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googy)
    No offer but I'm on a waiting list for exeter so not given up hope yet. I didn't find the feedback particularly helpful as I don't know what I did to get those scores, planning on emailing them and asking for more detailed feedback.
    good luck with Exeter. I'm on swansea waiting list and have yet to hear from Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection though I was "viewed as suitable"! What a waste of my hope!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so nervous now! Guess we shall see on Monday. I'm on a waiting list at BSMS but I think it's a really long one this year. Praying for an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane1296)
    Rejection though I was "viewed as suitable"! What a waste of my hope!
    Sorry to hear that. Doesn't seem like very useful feedback, although I suppose we must all be deemed as suitable to even get an interview. Did the feedback give any indication on what area could be improved? Do you have offers/ waiting lists elsewhere? I haven't received anything from nottingham yet

ReputationRep:
    Waiting list as well! Feel like I am late to yesterdays letter party now haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    Just got my letter and I'm on the waiting list too! Really really really hoping I get an offer at some point!!! Loved it there!
    (Original post by ell365)
    Just received my letter. I initially thought it was a rejection, but it turned out to be a letter informing me I'm on the waiting list. Apparently they've made just over 100 offers (for 89 places??) and put 16 people on the waiting list. I don't know how to feel.
    what scores did you get for the waiting list?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. Doesn't seem like very useful feedback, although I suppose we must all be deemed as suitable to even get an interview. Did the feedback give any indication on what area could be improved? Do you have offers/ waiting lists elsewhere? I haven't received anything from nottingham yet
    Hi. I think it is a very hopeful sign that you have not heard yet! All the people who have heard (and have posted here) have rejections or waiting list places so the offers seem to be being given out last. Hopefully you'll get a big fat envelope with an offer and some other forms to fill in! Yes, the feedback was a little bit helpful. The 5 that I got was for the personal quality that was asked for at the station I knew I'd messed up at the time. No, I have no offers and won't be getting any. I was on one waiting list but I've been dumped from that now! My Nottingham score average was 3 which indicates that I was in the middle of the field so I believe I only just missed out on an offer or waiting list place but "a miss is as good as a mile"! All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googy)
    No offer but I'm on a waiting list for exeter so not given up hope yet.

I didn't find the feedback particularly helpful as I don't know what I did to get those scores, planning on emailing them and asking for more detailed feedback.
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck with Exeter. Can you let us know if you manage to get more detailed feedback, please?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I think it is a very hopeful sign that you have not heard yet! All the people who have heard (and have posted here) have rejections or waiting list places so the offers seem to be being given out last. Hopefully you'll get a big fat envelope with an offer and some other forms to fill in! Yes, the feedback was a little bit helpful. The 5 that I got was for the personal quality that was asked for at the station I knew I'd messed up at the time. No, I have no offers and won't be getting any. I was on one waiting list but I've been dumped from that now! My Nottingham score average was 3 which indicates that I was in the middle of the field so I believe I only just missed out on an offer or waiting list place but "a miss is as good as a mile"! All the best.
    thanks for the further info. I'd like to hope I haven't heard because I'm getting an offer, but unfortunately pessimism outweighs optimism and I'm thinking that the post round my way is a bit sloth-like! Good to hear feedback is of some use - good luck if you reapply

ReputationRep:
    My situation is very similar to yours, I feel your pain! Will you be applying next year?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else really nervous for tomorrow's mail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N23456)
    My situation is very similar to yours, I feel your pain! Will you be applying next year?
    Oh, sorry to hear you're in the same position! My GAMSAT, which was pretty good, is valid for another year and I can use my Personal Statement again so I could apply again, concentrating on improvements rather than starting again from scratch, but I will have to think about it. A sane person might say I should just choose another career rather than waste another year thinking about GEM. I'd love to say I would go for the 5-year course but it would be impossible as I would not be able to pay the tuition fees. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry to hear you're in the same position! My GAMSAT, which was pretty good, is valid for another year and I can use my Personal Statement again so I could apply again, concentrating on improvements rather than starting again from scratch, but I will have to think about it. A sane person might say I should just choose another career rather than waste another year thinking about GEM. I'd love to say I would go for the 5-year course but it would be impossible as I would not be able to pay the tuition fees. How about you?
    Well don't give up yet! Is one year really that big a difference? I'm waiting on Notts, but I've got Exeter and even now I'm having second thoughts about the 5 year charges, and whether it's worth just waiting another year if I don't get one of my other three...

ReputationRep:
    whats a "pretty good" GAMSAT? I got 65 and I'm not sure whether to resit it for next year if I don't get in? N.B. Sitting on a 2:2 for my first degree, but a first for my second degree. Nottingham and Swansea will consider my most current degree, but most Uni's only consider the first degree along with a higher GAMSAT score (e.g. Nottingham wanted 62 with 2:1 or above but 66 for a 2:2 - fortunately they will consider my most current degree otherwise I wouldn't have even got an interview).

Advice would be appreciated - will resitting wipe my score for this year or can I pick the best one?

thanks in advance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.