Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XX watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Also, nice kit guys.

Who's got the best kit in europe btw? Anybody found a nicer range of kits than yours in the league?
    Nike took it to the next level with Roma this year :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Yeah same.. Though I might wait till sept until the loan kicks in. Then ima do a madness
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR LOAN ON **** YOU DON'T NEED!

I speak from personal experience, I bought so much **** I just ended up throwing away this summer!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Nike took it to the next level with Roma this year :coma:

That's the kinda kit that just makes you want to go to the gym and do some incline chest reps.

ReputationRep:
    Talk of us signing Manquillo on a season long loan. Anyone know anything about them?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Talk of us signing Manquillo on a season long loan. Anyone know anything about them?!!
    Who..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    RB for Atleti. Signing him won't stop the Debuchy deal, Jenkinson is off apparently. According to twitter.

Personally I see Jenks being converted into a CB,

ReputationRep:

Nike are really on point with their kit. The Roma kit wins by far. This is second best imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

Nike are really on point with their kit. The Roma kit wins by far. This is second best imo.
    ****ers.

Providing us with hot **** for how many years and as soon as we leave they up their game. Typical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    You think that Wenger's in for a top striker then?
    If he is in for one, who do you think is on his list? You'll get Debuchy most likely, so then a defensive CM and a striker is pretty much the most he'll do for this window and all that's needed.

For the striker, I don't think he's got too much choice, could have probably gone for a guy like Immobile. Tbh you're unlucky that City got Jovetic as well.

Also looking at it objectively, you add those three players, your squad is probably level with City's. You, Liverpool and City will be the main challengers for the title next season with those players.
    No top strikers in the market, Alexis is the next best thing so doubt we'll sign a CF unless an a unique opportunity springs up. We also need a backup keeper someone who's not as good as Ches but capable of doing a job. Pantillimon would have been perfect. I can see why City bought Jovetic, he's basically an inferior Aguero, we should have wrapped up that deal when we had the chance. Oh well.

Our squad is not near City's. Your saying that to put less pressure on Chelsea. You have the second strongest squad in the league and if anything it should be City and Chelsea who are the favourites, you signed Cesc and Costa ffs, and City have signed Caballero who is excellent and will displace Hart imo, and Fernando to give them more depth. Have a feeling they'll sign a CB too and make Demichellis third choice.

I think we'll finish 3rd tbh, which wouldn't be a disaster at all if we can do well in the CL and a good cup run. You would expect Liverpool to regress a bit given Suarez leaving, new players coming in will need to adapt to the system. United will have a decent season too but I think they'll fall just short due to being unbalanced, they still need a physical CM, two wingers, a backup LB and maybe a more experienced CB to negate the effects of Rio/Vidic leaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR LOAN ON **** YOU DON'T NEED!

I speak from personal experience, I bought so much **** I just ended up throwing away this summer!!
    Lol I hear you, it's like the other day I came across a H&M cardigan that I bought a year ago. It still has it's tag on it 🙊

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we wake up to pictures of Debuchy at London Colney.

No Arsenal signing is official without pictures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Hopefully we wake up to pictures of Debuchy at London Colney.

No Arsenal signing is official without pictures.
    And no transpher window is without a french signing i really rate Debuchy watched a lot of him at Newcastle last 18 months.

ReputationRep:
    Peak for Monreal

You know youre a sideman when you lose your number on day 1 of pre season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Yeah yeah. :rolleyes:

Let the new season begin!
    (I have to deal with results day and all that shizz two days before hand tho )
    I'm actually the most excited I've ever been... New signings, and we could sign absolutely anyone! And we have a point to prove (I feel you on results but I'm not bothered tbh so I get what I get )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I totally support Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C'est la vie :P)
    I totally support Arsenal
    Hi again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just bought Sanchez on career mode on Fifa.

Because I can.

And gave him the number 17

Gassed.

ReputationRep:
    Have we talked b4 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1405036944.625941.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  71.1 KB

Found this anyone remember the season ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1405036944.625941.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  71.1 KB

Found this anyone remember the season ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    07/08 third kit

Really liked our 2008/09 third/European kit, even though it was white. I automatically think of Theo's run against Liverpool in the CL. Couldn't get with the 2009/10 away(?) kit though, we looked like Sp*rs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.