Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I haven't done a single draft with a cheap striker in, it's going to backfire on people imo. Remember Anelka last year? Or Boselli before that?

By GW5 there will be one premium striker everyone is desperately trying to fit in. Happens every year.
    I hve RVP Aguero Pelle.

so I can always get rid of RVP or Aguero to get the other striker

What confuses me on BBC they have put Cabella as a forward but on Fantasy he's a midfielder that'd be an interesting buy if he didn't buy 2 other strikers

ReputationRep:
    I currently have

Krul
    Clyne, Kosc, Caulker
    Yaya, Ramsey, Hendo, Hazard
    Dzeko, Sturridge, Naismith

as my XI. Pretty pleased, not sure whether to swap Puncheon for Sigurdsson as sub mid tho.

ReputationRep:
    Also what are everyone's thoughts on Yaya this year? I doubt he'll replicate his form last season and at £11m he's very expensive for a midfielder. But then I expect him to still score a lot of goals again (maybe not as many).

Can I ask thoughts on the following:

Yaya and Naismith

or

Mirallas and Giroud?

Naismith is fantastic value imo but Giroud acquired 100 more points last season.

Also not sure what Giroud's game-time will be with Sanchez and Arsenal's ability to change systems up front.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Also what are everyone's thoughts on Yaya this year? I doubt he'll replicate his form last season and at £11m he's very expensive for a midfielder. But then I expect him to still score a lot of goals again (maybe not as many).

Can I ask thoughts on the following:

Yaya and Naismith

or

Mirallas and Giroud?

Naismith is fantastic value imo but Giroud acquired 100 more points last season.

Also not sure what Giroud's game-time will be with Sanchez and Arsenal's ability to change systems up front.
    Speaking as an Everton fan, I would think Naismith will be our top striker this season unless we sign anyone ( hopefully Lukaku) in the window so he'll get more points just for playing time that he didnt have last season. Mirallas was quality for us last season though and I've been trying to fit him into my team.

With Yaya it depnds if hes put the whole birthday thing behind him, personally I think tgeir are cheaper mids that will scord similar points to him this season so I'd avoid.

I've never be sure about Giroud to be honest, but Arsenal are a stronger team than last season so he may benefit from that, depends if Wenger plays Sanchez as an mid like FF thinks or as a striker as to how much game time Giroud gets.

ReputationRep:
    I've joined. My team name is Beast FC.
    At the moment my team is:
    Mignolet
    Debuchy
    Cahill
    Lovren
    Shaw
    Ramsey
    Sanchez
    Henderson
    Schneiderlin
    Dzeko
    Weimann

Subs:
    Mannone
    Azpilicueta
    Johnson
    Lukaku

I will be changing it before the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Currently, my team is:

----------------------Courtois--------------
    Shaw----------------Felipe Luis-----Cameron------
    Sigurdsson----Mata------Sanchez(v)--------Ramsey
    ---------RVP(c)--------Remy-------Naismith-------

Bench; Myhill, Trippier, Mariappa, Albrighton

Not convinced about Remy. I will take him out if he moves to Liverpool and I dont know who should replace him. I dont think Southampton will do well this season so I dont think Pelle is a good option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    Currently, my team is:

----------------------Courtois--------------
    Shaw----------------Felipe Luis-----Cameron------
    Sigurdsson----Mata------Sanchez(v)--------Ramsey
    ---------RVP(c)--------Remy-------Naismith-------

Bench; Myhill, Trippier, Mariappa, Albrighton

Not convinced about Remy. I will take him out if he moves to Liverpool and I dont know who should replace him. I dont think Southampton will do well this season so I dont think Pelle is a good option.
    What makes you doubt Pelle? They have decent fixtures.from GW 2-12. It's like Bony he still scored even if Swansea didn't do that well

ReputationRep:
    Wth Chambers is a right back isn't he? Debuchy still secure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Probably bought for the future - the thinking that Chambers would have played this season for Southampton so get him 'cheap'... But I don't think I will risk Debuchy now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Probably bought for the future - the thinking that Chambers would have played this season for Southampton so get him 'cheap'... But I don't think I will risk Debuchy now.
    You changed your team?
    And didn't mean to offend you yday

ReputationRep:
    For £16m he will definitely be getting games from the off. Quite annoying now having to pay an extra 0.5 for mert/kosc or maybe Gibbs is an alternative given how poor Monreal is.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Seen a few suggestions that Wenger plans to convert him to a CB. Arsenal have 3 CB's at the moment and there's been rumours about Vermaelen's future all summer (apparently Barcelona are interested now :lolwut:), so it makes sense for them to have a versatile player. Basically the reason Vermaelen was linked with United in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting Sigurrdson, bargain buy.

ReputationRep:
    Tempted to get Hull midfielder but not sure between Livermore Huddelstone or Ince..
    or keep Arnautovic

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting Sigurrdson, bargain buy.
    Tbf Puncheon and Hendo are also very good value at 6m. I can't decide between Sig or Puncheon as sub.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nearly every draft I have seen has had at least 1 budget striker. Why is everyone spending so much on the midfield to then have poor strikers. It is nearly always the strikers that bring in the big points hauls despite what happened last season. Yaya will never perform that well again, Gerrard took a lot of penalties and most of the good strikers had a fair few injuries or suspensions. When Sturridge and Aguero were playing they were both bringing in loads of points, just drop them when they get injured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    Nearly every draft I have seen has had at least 1 budget striker. Why is everyone spending so much on the midfield to then have poor strikers. It is nearly always the strikers that bring in the big points hauls despite what happened last season. Yaya will never perform that well again, Gerrard took a lot of penalties and most of the good strikers had a fair few injuries or suspensions. When Sturridge and Aguero were playing they were both bringing in loads of points, just drop them when they get injured.
    Define budget striker? Want to know whether my current draft has or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Define budget striker? Want to know whether my current draft has or not.
    6m or less.

ReputationRep:
    6m or less.
    Ah right. I'm clear if that's the case.

ReputationRep:
    In! Team is called Just Drog it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.