Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    No, I think the morning is more exclusive and more structured so much better networking possibilities. I'm not going anyway
    Ooh, guess I might as well apply. Why not? :O
    Did you end up getting into Cam in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unsworth)
    See you both there.
    I'll be there, too, with four of my friends, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    Ooh, guess I might as well apply. Why not? :O
    Did you end up getting into Cam in the end?
    Decided it wasn't worth the hassle it was causing - flights over were weird that day and I'd have had to stay the night before in a hotel.

I did indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    I'll be there, too, with four of my friends, haha.
    Sounds good, I have a couple mates I know going too. Know a lot of the people who went last year and it seems like it should be an alright event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Decided it wasn't worth the hassle it was causing - flights over were weird that day and I'd have had to stay the night before in a hotel.

I did indeed
    That's fair enough but it's a shame that it's so far away...
    Yay! I knew you would. Guess you might see my NatSci fresher friend as she'll be at the same College as you.

(Original post by Unsworth)
    Sounds good, I have a couple mates I know going too. Know a lot of the people who went last year and it seems like it should be an alright event.
    Yes, a lot of the big names will be there, which should be good.

Oh gosh, I haven't even thought about my CV or anything as I was too busy enjoying my holiday, woops. Guess I'd better get started. If you're going to a target, how many should you send off before enrolment? I'm starting in October.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone having any luck with UBS yet?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    BN seem to be sounding pretty desperate now. Just had an email inviting me to the IB section and consultancy section, even though I'm already at university. Probably a good thing I'm only going to the afternoon session.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Anyone having any luck with UBS yet?
    Still nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    BN seem to be sounding pretty desperate now. Just had an email inviting me to the IB section and consultancy section, even though I'm already at university. Probably a good thing I'm only going to the afternoon session.
    Jeez, that is bad...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, that is bad...
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Thought it was meant to be an exclusive event for a certain cohort, but right now it seems to just want anybody to join.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Are you on a 4 year course and therefore graduating in 2017? That's what I'm doing and was still invited because although I'm not a first year, I will still be graduating in the same year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesrorytiffin)
    Are you on a 4 year course and therefore graduating in 2017? That's what I'm doing and was still invited because although I'm not a first year, I will still be graduating in the same year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, that's why they invited me, but when you apply it specifically says for people entering their first year of university, so this is just something they're doing to fill more of the spaces as not enough people have decided to go to it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think UBS is open yet anyway. See here

EDIT: Woops, seems it is open. I didn't realise UK wasn't EMEA on their site. Look at the bottom of this page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    I don't think UBS is open yet anyway. See here

EDIT: Woops, seems it is open. I didn't realise UK wasn't EMEA on their site. Look at the bottom of this page
    Brilliant, thanks bud!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    Your PMs are full.

Sorry to detract from this thread -- ill delete the post after youve got the message
    Should be fine now.

ReputationRep:
    UBS was open yesterday just seems they had problems with their site.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

How does GS recruit? Is it a first-come first serve basis? What is it like with the other firms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelion0)
    Hey Guys,

How does GS recruit? Is it a first-come first serve basis? What is it like with the other firms?
    GS is one of the only firms who don't recruit on a rolling basis.

ReputationRep:
    ...(was a first year in Philosophy & Economics). Transferred to History this month (going into first year) so I'm attending this year too
    A bit random, but you sound like you will have some information on this matter. What is the rule/consensus on applying for Spring Weeks/Summer internships twice? My degree can be either 3 or 4 years (depending on whether I take certain extra modules), assuming I just wanted to do 3 years and apply for SWs in first year, but in my 2nd year decide to make it a 4 year course, am I eligible to apply for SWs again in my second year (as it's now my 2nd year of a 4 year course)?

The same could be applied to those who decide to do a masters but have done their summer internship in their 2nd year.

Sorry if this seems a little complicated, but hopefully it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selym95)
    A bit random, but you sound like you will have some information on this matter. What is the rule/consensus on applying for Spring Weeks/Summer internships twice? My degree can be either 3 or 4 years (depending on whether I take certain extra modules), assuming I just wanted to do 3 years and apply for SWs in first year, but in my 2nd year decide to make it a 4 year course, am I eligible to apply for SWs again in my second year (as it's now my 2nd year of a 4 year course)?

The same could be applied to those who decide to do a masters but have done their summer internship in their 2nd year.

Sorry if this seems a little complicated, but hopefully it makes sense.
    I'm having this problem as well - I won't know if I'm good enough to go onto 4th year until 2nd year at least.

I'm assuming as long as we don't apply to the same places we got offers from this year, we'll be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.