Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Results: Retake and Remark information - 21 August 2014 Watch

ReputationRep:
    What's remarked in AQA German? I know the coursework stuff is 60% of the final grade, but I'm not sure if it's just the exams that get remarked. I was 1 UMS off an A so I was a bit annoyed as I was hoping for an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Bethany)
    That means you can get a remark

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdizzle97)
    Awesome! Thank you
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm still unsure whether I should bother with a remark; I got a C in drama (As in two units, a D in the third), and I was one UMS off a B. It's the only C I got, and I don't feel it reflects my ability in drama, but is there any point in remarkig?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi ..could someone advise me re AQA Biology GCSE please?

I want to study this at A level and should've got a B but my GCSE results were a C

The unit grades were (1) 68/100 = grade C
    (2) 74/100 = grade B
    (3) 64/100 = grade C
    (4) 74/100 = grade B (ISA cant remark)

Giving me a grand total of 279/400 = 1 ums mark off a B!!

Should I get all 3 units marked again do you think or just units 1 and 3 C grades?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    finally got one of my remarks back and it went up a grade whoop whoop:bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by give me info)
    finally got one of my remarks back and it went up a grade whoop whoop:bigsmile:
    woahh congrats!! what subject and exam board was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    woahh congrats!! what subject and exam board was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was edexcel R.E and it moved up 6 ums A to A*, now I'm just waiting for eng lit fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    I'm still unsure whether I should bother with a remark; I got a C in drama (As in two units, a D in the third), and I was one UMS off a B. It's the only C I got, and I don't feel it reflects my ability in drama, but is there any point in remarkig?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes! Vionar, you're an awesome actor, and you helped me, and I got a B in the performance unit (A overall), so 100% remark. I'm sure you got a very harsh examiner. Have you got a copy of your performance? You might want to request that and look over it before you remark though, so you appreciate the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Yes! Vionar, you're an awesome actor, and you helped me, and I got a B in the performance unit (A overall), so 100% remark. I'm sure you got a very harsh examiner. Have you got a copy of your performance? You might want to request that and look over it before you remark though, so you appreciate the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My performance was pretty dreadful, I'm hoping it might go up just one mark, because it is very subjective, so that I don't have a C

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My performance was pretty dreadful, I'm hoping it might go up just one mark, because it is very subjective, so that I don't have a C

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go for the remark. It's unlikely that you'll drop. How far off from a B are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EB8)
    Hi ..could someone advise me re AQA Biology GCSE please?

I want to study this at A level and should've got a B but my GCSE results were a C

The unit grades were (1) 68/100 = grade C
    (2) 74/100 = grade B
    (3) 64/100 = grade C
    (4) 74/100 = grade B (ISA cant remark)

Giving me a grand total of 279/400 = 1 ums mark off a B!!

Should I get all 3 units marked again do you think or just units 1 and 3 C grades?

Thanks in advance
    I'd probably say just units 1 and 3 as they give you the most room for improvement, but it's really up to you and whether you'd be willing to pay for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go for the remark. It's unlikely that you'll drop. How far off from a B are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1 UMS off, so very very close

ReputationRep:
    1 UMS off, so very very close
    Definitely go for it then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Bethany)
    I'd probably say just units 1 and 3 as they give you the most room for improvement, but it's really up to you and whether you'd be willing to pay for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks ..that what I thought but I am tempted to do all 3 just to make sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EB8)
    Thanks ..that what I thought but I am tempted to do all 3 just to make sure!
    You're more likely to get it if you do all 3, especially as it's not a very subjective subject, but it's completely up to you and paying for it I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was only 1 UMS mark off an A in Additional Science!!!!!!!
    I got a A in biology A in chem A in coursework and B in physics and somehow got a B overall!? I was thinking of getting my physics remarked even though its unlikely to go up. I don't think my chem will change as was lucky to get an A. Maybe my coursework may go up as i put a lot of time into it so would not have been shocked if i came out with an A* in that unit on results day. Which unit do you think i should get remarked?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go for it then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, now I need to fill in the forms

ReputationRep:
    I'm 1 mark of an A* in my AQA English lit. I got full UMS in the books essay and obviously you can't remark the coursework (grr) so that leaves me with just the poetry that I could possibly get remarked. Obviously, I really want the A* but my poetry exam was a bit dodgy when I was writing it, I felt as though my mark would either be really high or really low. Do you think I should get a remark? Also, what are the chances of it going down to an overall B? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Im so confused right now.

Astronomy by Edexcel is 180/200 for an A* and I got 179. Does anyone know if it is worth the time (and money) to get this remarked?
    Also, French by Edexcel is 270/300 for an A* and once again, I fall short with 265. Anyone know if these two subjects are remarked leniently?

Thanks

p.s. Edexcel are messing with my future by the looks of things :l

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.