The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a123a
And what's a poor score in your opinion?

less than 6
Reply 341
Original post by DCMed96
less than 6

So a 5 is poor? :eek:
hmm... I'm guessing Downing put a lot of emphasis on BMAT, if they expect most of their applicants to get 6 or more.
Original post by RainbowVeins
The essay section is like my biggest insecurity now because of imperial's cutoffs :frown: Did you apply to any other BMAT unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw no! But you did so well in your other sections! :frown: Yeah I did, UCL! I didn't do very well in the essay but I think it was because I didn't answer the question fully rather than lack of points necessarily so I'm not terribly worried, as long as I can qualify myself!
Original post by Katyb77
My son is a current medic at Cambridge and he got a 2A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's reassuring!
Original post by aprocrastinator
Aw no! But you did so well in your other sections! :frown: Yeah I did, UCL! I didn't do very well in the essay but I think it was because I didn't answer the question fully rather than lack of points necessarily so I'm not terribly worried, as long as I can qualify myself!

Ahh I'm sure you can! :smile: I thought about applying to UCL but then I'm scared of talking about the BMAT essay at interview haha :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 345
Original post by a123a
I feel your pain. I got 5.1 5.7 3.5A. With 10A*s As and a B and 97% average of best three surely an interview is possible, right?
Maybe we're over exaggerating. Actually we are. We all look strong on paper and they can't expect everyone to get top marks in everything.

Good luck! :smile:

I guess you're all in the same boat as me...
5.9 5.7 2.5A
Just gotta hope that Clare aren't bothered about the essay xD
Hey guys, my scores are ; S1:6.5 S2:6.9 S3:4A and I'm an international applicant applying to Gonville and Cauis. Any views on whether I stand a chance for an interview?

Thanks in advance
Ahh I'm sure you can! :smile: I thought about applying to UCL but then I'm scared of talking about the BMAT essay at interview haha :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully! Haha that put me off at first but I just love the uni and the location plus talking about the essay may work in my favour as I can explain myself!

My top uni is definitely Cambridge though so I hope I get pooled at least :/
Hopefully! Haha that put me off at first but I just love the uni and the location plus talking about the essay may work in my favour as I can explain myself!

My top uni is definitely Cambridge though so I hope I get pooled at least :/

If you can explain yourself then the interview will indeed work in your favour! With good UMS and interviews you will get the offers you wanted (shhh don't talk about the pool yet) :wink:

AFAIK to get an offer we have to score at least 7/10 in interviews :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you can explain yourself then the interview will indeed work in your favour! With good UMS and interviews you will get the offers you wanted (shhh don't talk about the pool yet) :wink:

AFAIK to get an offer we have to score at least 7/10 in interviews :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah hopefully I can! Awww I hope so, that would be a dream! Haha ok :wink:
That's not too bad! Hopefully I come across well at interview cos it actually sounds quite fun:P
yeah hopefully I can! Awww I hope so, that would be a dream! Haha ok :wink:
That's not too bad! Hopefully I come across well at interview cos it actually sounds quite fun:P

Yh cam interviews sound quite fun until u have seek mental asylum afterwards...lol, Which college did u apply to?

(i got an interview at st catharines like just over 3 weeks ago....)
Original post by Master219
Yh cam interviews sound quite fun until u have seek mental asylum afterwards...lol, Which college did u apply to?

(i got an interview at st catharines like just over 3 weeks ago....)

I doubt it will be that bad! I applied to Downing, so a bit risky with my BMAT!

Lol, yh just a bit of exaggeration...
anyways, what were ur bmat scores?

I actually sent all colleges in cam an email about stats for the most recent cambridge medical UCAS cycle (2013/2014) for that college (including the UMS %, BMAT scores and GCSEs) of candidates that were interviewed, not interviewed and given an offer. Downing college replied and gave me the stats in an excel spreadsheet (about 56 candidates inc. in total). If u want i can post it here, I think itd be quite useful for u?
If any one else wants any other spreadsheets like these, ask me, i might have some of them, but bare in mind not all colleges replied so i only happen to hav it for a few. Ill comment l8r which ones replied if any one wants them
(edited 9 years ago)
I actually sent all colleges in cam an email about stats for the most recent cambridge medical UCAS cycle (2013/2014) for that college (including the UMS %, BMAT scores and GCSEs) of candidates that were interviewed, not interviewed and given an offer. If u want i can post it here, I think itd be quite useful?

Yes please :biggrin: It should be a fun read...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes please :biggrin: It should be a fun read...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ill post all the ones i have, but any chance u could wait for another 3 or so hours... :frown:? just a bit busy now and they take quite a while to download and attach etc... Sorry! Ill attach them asap
Ill post all the ones i have, but any chance u could wait for another 3 or so hours... :frown:? just a bit busy now and they take quite a while to download and attach etc... Sorry! Ill attach them asap

Certainly! Do it when you are free :smile:
Tankssssss :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the above comment contain some and the rest inc. downing stats are on the comment above. I will explain what they contain in the next comment.
I have attached most on this comment, the rest r attached on the next one, cant fit them all on lol

the above comment contain some and the rest inc. downing stats are on the comment above. I will explain what they contain in the next comment.

I am gobsmacked when I looked at the Downing stats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending