Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazdani_uk)
    Hey sullyn
    R u full time po3 London or part time? They e mailed me that still waiting for my pre employment checks to be cleared
    Hi

Have you been offered a part time position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justice-Officer)

Hi, hope you enjoy the forum.

Re: The 'Reserve List'.

The Civil-Service/HMPO don't provide candidates with a reserve number for various reasons (I.e. you could be told your 2nd in- line, and pin your hopes on being selected soon, yet never be appointed, if positions don't come up during the 12 month time frame).

On the other hand, someone could be 30th in line & appointed within the 12 month time frame (i.e. if others selected don't complete the selection process all the way, if the HMPO budget is increased & so more staff are needed, than initially selected etc.)

ATM. It's best to have other options lined up, and just be prepared (if you really want this HMPO job), to stay where you are currently, or start a new job, on the basis of being their for a short period, if HMPO call LOL.

Similarly, last 2013, I was on another Civil Service (CS) list & once reserved, I continued with plan B. Thereafter, out of the blue/three (3) months later, I was informed that I was appointed a position, and so I then left my other job 2 months after (once the final processes were completed).

Good Luck ;-)
    Thanks! Hope something turns up soon! Though I am looking at other options in the mean time, I just feel as though my heart is set on this job as I reached this far, having invested a total of 5 months in the recruitment process! Hence I feel there's still some hope knowing I'm on the reserve list. But then again I can't rely solely on it as it is very unpredictable ( from what you experienced ).
    Are you on the reserve list for grade 3 London too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SullyN)
    Hey guys! I've just got my confirmation email to state all my Pre-employment checks have been cleared. Thankfully! For London PO3, there were a list of start dates to choose from (2nd, 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th Feb). Hopefully to those who are still waiting they will be in contact soon.
    Are these dates provided for training or actual start dates?

Congratulations and Good luck with your new job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SullyN)
    Hey. I'm full time PO3, 37 hours. Has your SC been cleared? if so Pre-employment check doesn't take long thereafter, it didn't with mine anyways.
    I am part time? Don't know if my sc is cleared yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr poster)
    Hi

Have you been offered a part time position?
    I am part time

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Hope something turns up soon! Though I am looking at other options in the mean time, I just feel as though my heart is set on this job as I reached this far, having invested a total of 5 months in the recruitment process! Hence I feel there's still some hope knowing I'm on the reserve list. But then again I can't rely solely on it as it is very unpredictable ( from what you experienced ).
    Are you on the reserve list for grade 3 London too?[/QUOTE]

Hiya 'paulas'...

I was also placed on reserve-list for both the days; P03 & P01's. But was given the P03-London; evenings (for now lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazdani_uk)
    I am part time
    Do you know what the salary is for the part time position?

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Its just the normal salary pro rata for hours you work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfohal)
    Obviously didn't do as well as I thought as not been made an early offer like they have described. Wish I just knew 😔
    Presume you haven't heard. I haven't had any further updates thought it would have been sorted by now.

ReputationRep:
    All those who are waiting don't give up hope as I received my CTC forms two weeks ago, cleared last week and offer made for London P03 ...so hang in there keep the faith!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulas)
    Are these dates provided for training or actual start dates?

Congratulations and Good luck with your new job!
    Thank you, yep start dates, and then training follows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l123a)
    All those who are waiting don't give up hope as I received my CTC forms two weeks ago, cleared last week and offer made for London P03 ...so hang in there keep the faith!
    Which start date did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukie)
    Presume you haven't heard. I haven't had any further updates thought it would have been sorted by now.
    Unfortunately not. It will be 7 weeks on Thursday since my first interview. Asked by e-mail for a further update, and this was the response I received...

" Thank you very much for your email. We are very sorry yet we are still unable to provide candidates with an update on their application. We do not envision it would be much longer, and shall be in contact via email the moment we are able to do so.

We would like to thank you once more for your application, your ongoing interest in the role and your patience.

Best Regards "

Fast becoming a joke this. 7 weeks on almost, and still no further to finding anything out

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not. It will be 7 weeks on Thursday since my first interview. Asked by e-mail for a further update, and this was the response I received...

" Thank you very much for your email. We are very sorry yet we are still unable to provide candidates with an update on their application. We do not envision it would be much longer, and shall be in contact via email the moment we are able to do so.

We would like to thank you once more for your application, your ongoing interest in the role and your patience.

Best Regards "

Fast becoming a joke this. 7 weeks on almost, and still no further to finding anything out
    That is bad I did expect when interviews were finished that everyone would be notified asap. Mind you this is the civil service well known for their red tape!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, to all those with part time po3 in london, did you guys get any follow up after you were offered the position? I was offered on the phone two weeks ago but then received no further correspondence whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebby123)
    Hi, to all those with part time po3 in london, did you guys get any follow up after you were offered the position? I was offered on the phone two weeks ago but then received no further correspondence whatsoever.
    Hi

I'm on the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mr Poster, when did you get the offer for PO3 part time (london)?
    Was this your second option you put down on the form?

ReputationRep:

Best Regards "

Have you heard? Just had a phone call asking if I was going to take up PO3 offer and in that case could they withdraw my PO1 application which obviously I said yes to. So must be sorting it out at last. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, all.

Just here looking for a bit of advice, I also had interviews for PO1 & 3 in mid December, was informed immediately that I hadn't been successful for a PO1 position, and that PO3 position interviews were ongoing until January 13th, but no update as of yet.
    Anyone in the same position for the Liverpool centre?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.