The "I Still haven't got any offers yet" Thread. Watch

AlectoDark
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got my first offer, too-ok, it's conditional, but YEAH I - am - so - happy! Hold on, people, you'll recieve good news soon, too, I hope
sydneybridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AlectoDark)
Got my first offer, too-ok, it's conditional, but YEAH I - am - so - happy! Hold on, people, you'll recieve good news soon, too, I hope
Where? Course?
AlectoDark
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sydneybridge)
Where? Course?
Aberdeen, computing science
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aberdeen, computing science
Do you live here? Just a word of warning, it's not the most exciting of places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlectoDark
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Princepieman)
Do you live here? Just a word of warning, it's not the most exciting of places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I don't live there, and I don't know anything about the city or something... But, I would be happy if you could say me a few things about the city or the university Thank you
sydneybridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its the North Sea capital of Scotland - solid Oil Industry,
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sydneybridge)
Its the North Sea capital of Scotland - solid Oil Industry,
Yes, but you can't see the wealth. Most of the money is not invested into the city and is rather offshored to some low tax haven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
livvydibby
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Guys, the real pain is having to wait months to hear if you have interviews, then wait months until you have your interviews and THEN wait weeks/ months to hear if you have any offers...

That sucks

(Although for me I waited less than 2 days between my interview and my offer but I know people who waited weeks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bluebells60
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So true..I know there's lots of us to get through but waiting months to get date for interview then eventually have interview and it still takes weeks after that...not sure why you wait that long for certain interview results...

Posted from TSR Mobile
livvydibby
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Plus I didn't get my first offer until feb 13th and I sent my UCAS early November but luckily it was from my first choice uni and ten minutes later I got an offer from my third choice and two days after an offer from my second choice so time isn't necessarily bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bluebells60
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My application went in first week December and three offers came in within 7-10days but then I waited till January for one and then got an interview invite at end of January which I've since been to but now waiting to hear how it went - then its decision time, not long but seems long when you are told within a week or two...lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bluebells60
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Last offer in now decision time

Posted from TSR Mobile
flanham
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Waited forever, but finally got an IR offer at SOAS and an ESPS offer at UCL!
morrisk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, I don't live there, and I don't know anything about the city or something... But, I would be happy if you could say me a few things about the city or the university Thank you
Aberdonian here... the campus to the university is seriously beautiful and the parks near by are amazing... however the city is very isolated, as in once you've done everything... there isn't much to do... like nothing changes much... at all.... we have like... four cinemas... and the main shopping mall union square... aside from that the city can be extremely dull. Any questions queries feel free to ask! (3rd year living here and now also heading for uni xD)
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by morrisk)
Aberdonian here... the campus to the university is seriously beautiful and the parks near by are amazing... however the city is very isolated, as in once you've done everything... there isn't much to do... like nothing changes much... at all.... we have like... four cinemas... and the main shopping mall union square... aside from that the city can be extremely dull. Any questions queries feel free to ask! (3rd year living here and now also heading for uni xD)
Ha. 3 years, get in line! 10 years now! :cool:

Yeah, I remember when Union Square didn't exist, everyone was split between Trinity and Bon Accord. Those dreary, dreary days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
morrisk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ha. 3 years, get in line! 10 years now! :cool:

Yeah, I remember when Union Square didn't exist, everyone was split between Trinity and Bon Accord. Those dreary, dreary days.
Dang xD wow *bows humbly* :eek: you go to uni here?
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by morrisk)
Dang xD wow *bows humbly* :eek: you go to uni here?
Haha, nah, just secondary school. I've applied to mostly English schools (except Edinburgh) as I kind of want to find out what the rest of the UK is like.

Hopefully heading to Nottingham for Comp Sci and AI this September.
morrisk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, nah, just secondary school. I've applied to mostly English schools (except Edinburgh) as I kind of want to find out what the rest of the UK is like.

Hopefully heading to Nottingham for Comp Sci and AI this September.

ahh, I lived in Nottingham for a while it is very close to the countryside and well connected , as as a city its like a brighter (sunnier) more open plan edinburgh! *if you have any questions just say *
jordynm17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im from dundee, and my cousin went to aberdeen university and studied international law. she had two jobs and a student loan whilst being there and said it was very expensive compared to other cities!!!
Hollyvee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
3 rejections so far. One from west England today, liverpool john moores two days after submitting my application and manchester met two weeks ago, oddly my top three choices. Just waiting to hear back from Cardiff met and bath spa, not sure when they'll reply
Around this time last year my friends were having auditions and interviews for universities, but all I've got is rejections so far, I just want to know if I've got two more so I can apply for Extra asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads