Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    (1+cos2x)/2 is a single trig function ......... Think of double angle formulae

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh ive got it now thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know where it is possible to get the international C4 papers? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibbi1824)
    does anyone know where it is possible to get the international C4 papers? thanks
    Physicsmathstutor website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Physicsmathstutor website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibbi1824)
    there is no international c4 paper! there is C34 for internationals which is a combination of c3 and c4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
    there is no international c4 paper! there is C34 for internationals which is a combination of c3 and c4
    Probably means C4 R

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lets Go ! )

Finally mastered C4 Vectors on every past paper; it took me the longest to get to grips with 3-4 days.

I need to brush up on my C4 Integration skills before I hit past papers. Planning on doing x6 past papers before my C4 mock on Friday 9th. I hope my teacher doesn't push the date further back as I need to grind for 90+ in C2 & recap C3 skills.

ReputationRep:
    Probably means C4 R

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh that's the +5hr timezone version for Asian countries

ReputationRep:

ahh ok that makes sense! i'm doing both so i guess it's good practice anyway

ReputationRep:
    Go back and find similar examples. All problems are pretty much pythagoras and dot product.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did what you said and did the mixed exercise looking at previous work Ive done and that night I got my c4 vectors mojo back....thanks for the help. Going to hit up the integration mixed exercise and then I'm gonna start hitting the papers. I got 100 in c1 & c2 last year. I hope I can do the same for c3 & c4 this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hudl)
    I did what you said and did the mixed exercise looking at previous work Ive done and that night I got my c4 vectors mojo back....thanks for the help. Going to hit up the integration mixed exercise and then I'm gonna start hitting the papers. I got 100 in c1 & c2 last year. I hope I can do the same for c3 & c4 this year
    No problem. You could do the review exercise if you got time as that was the 'exam' practice I did for mocks and it worked. If not the mixed exercise should be enough to start the papers.
    Let's get 100 in C3/4 definitely doable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just went straight into exam papers, is that bad? I tried doing exercises from the book in April half term but found it so long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lam12)
    I just went straight into exam papers, is that bad? I tried doing exercises from the book in April half term but found it so long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well yh If your not struggling alot in the papers it is more then ok. But it is just extra practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In vector calculations, should i use rad or degree mode? Sometimes its obvious in the question but not always... Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clara16)
    In vector calculations, should i use rad or degree mode? Sometimes its obvious in the question but not always... Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    rad if theres trig (sin, cos, tan, cosec basically anything TRIG!). Otherwise degrees 247 baby

ReputationRep:
    rad if theres trig (sin, cos, tan, cosec basically anything TRIG!). Otherwise degrees 247 baby
    Haha thanks b 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No problem. You could do the review exercise if you got time as that was the 'exam' practice I did for mocks and it worked. If not the mixed exercise should be enough to start the papers.
    Let's get 100 in C3/4 definitely doable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

so do the mixed exercises for each & every chapter in C3 & C4 or just for the chapters that i at times struggle with; then go back to papers..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theDanIdentity)
    so do the mixed exercises for each & every chapter in C3 & C4 or just for the chapters that i at times struggle with; then go back to papers..?
    I may not be the greatest at Maths but I can say that the book taught me nothing about vectors lol. Half of the book is 2D which I haven't seen come up in a paper and the whole i,j,k layout is overused compared to the vector column method which is easier to understand(even if it's given as i,j,k in exams I still put it in column form)

So yh vectors are something examsolutions and past papers will help with

Otherwise the Mixed Exercise are a great way of getting up to scratch with all the topics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cosmocos)
    I may not be the greatest at Maths but I can say that the book taught me nothing about vectors lol. Half of the book is 2D which I haven't seen come up in a paper and the whole i,j,k layout is overused compared to the vector column method which is easier to understand(even if it's given as i,j,k in exams I still put it in column form)

So yh vectors are something examsolutions and past papers will help with

Otherwise the Mixed Exercise are a great way of getting up to scratch with all the topics
    Only the first part of the book is 2D. The mixed and review exercises are from past papers(early 2000s) so it can definitely come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feels like im in a good position for C3 and D1, but C4 im no where near

Need to make big improvements, thinking of spending whole next weekend, solidly around 20 hr weekend hammering C4 content and papers, atm im at a C grade average with C4

After the weekend I hope I can get an A on every paper I try Left it late, arggh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.