Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys are there examiner reports for all the past exams ? Because i can't actually find them :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah5152)
    Guys are there examiner reports for all the past exams ? Because i can't actually find them :/
    There's definitely an examiner report for January and June 2013 because I have them printed in front of me! I'll see if I can find them for you, gimme' two seconds

ReputationRep:
    They should all be here, I just double checked for you. Under the 'Unit 03' of each option, it's the last link that comes up for each

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-WRE-JUN13.PDF
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-WRE-JAN13.PDF
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-WRE-JUN14.PDF

There's a few for you anyway, in case you can't find them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsmia)
    They should all be here, I just double checked for you. Under the 'Unit 03' of each option, it's the last link that comes up for each

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-WRE-JUN13.PDF
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-WRE-JAN13.PDF
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-WRE-JUN14.PDF

There's a few for you anyway, in case you can't find them!
    I still cant find them oops haha ! But only needed 2/3 so you're a star thank you

ReputationRep:
    So guys for section A I have got these following topics

DPA
    Security measures and backup
    merging ICT systems
    If outscourcing and offshoring is working in this type of company.
    New systems being built - developing ICT solutions
    Security breach when merging the systems
    Strategies for change and future proofing
    Decision support systems
    Customer Relationship Management
    Analysis, design and implementation
    Extranet
    Training for the security breaches
    Formal project management methodlogies.

ReputationRep:
    GRRR I've only just learnt the different testing now

M-Module
    F- Functional(known as Blackbox testing)
    S- System ( also known as alpha)
    U- User ( Also known as beta)
    O- Operational

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know for sure if there'll be re-sits available for this exam next year? June 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Always remember when they use the word 'discuss' they definitely want positives and negatives
    Will do! Would you have any points for this 20 marker. I've got a few but need some more:

'The continued growth of social media is having a huge impact on the way organisations interact with individuals, such as their employees and customers, and with society in general.'

Discuss this statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepatel_1)
    Anyone know how to answer this

UCDM and the company it is merging with have similar aims. Describe other factors that the new organisation should consider when developing its ICT strategy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So their similar aims would be counted as business goals, but other factors (internal) include geography of users/volunteers, finance available, legacy system and business fulfilment, whilst external factors include legislations and compliance (conforming to specific policies).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmahz)
    Will do! Would you have any points for this 20 marker. I've got a few but need some more:

'The continued growth of social media is having a huge impact on the way organisations interact with individuals, such as their employees and customers, and with society in general.'

Discuss this statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hmmm...okay so the way you would structure it is talk about positives and negatives of the use of social media on:
    - employees
    - customers
    -society in general.

Employees

+ they can share things related to the organisation on their personal social media page =widespread
    - If they were allowed to use social media during work hours they can get distracted and will have a negative impact on the organisation itself

Customers

+ Most people nowadays use social media so they have easier access and knowledge to offers and promotions the organisation may have
    - Not many people may use the internet and social media due to security issues

Society in general

+ Widespread audience so can get customers from all around the word by using social media sites ( facebook, twitter, insta)..don't actually write examples like that in the paper though
    -Creates the digital divide, not everyone has access to the internet in poorer parts of the country or the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsmia)
    Hopefully Lincoln! I have two ASs that I didn't continue through to A2, and since they accept ASs too, it takes my entry requirements from 320 to 240 (thank God), so from ABB to CCC And I hopefully have Bs in my other two, so I'm aiming for a C in ICT so guarantee that I get in

What about you?
    Ah nice nice, im looking to get into City and they want D*D for my BTEC Business and a B for ICT, ive got DD for Business and im guaranteed atleast a B for ICT so they should still let me in 😅

Good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    hello quick questions, what are the differences between back up and recovery procedures? and what would be under each of them. also what is technology life cycle? what are the phases under it - confused it with development life cycle too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notforyou121)
    hello quick questions, what are the differences between back up and recovery procedures? and what would be under each of them. also what is technology life cycle? what are the phases under it - confused it with development life cycle too
    Backup procedures are the methods used to backup a large system which includes using failover systems, replicated systems, regular snapshots, periodic backup to disk, tape backup and archiving.

Recovery procedures are the methods used in order to react successfully to a disaster. Includes having backup electrical power supplies (UCDM use an uninterrupted power supply or UPS after their security breach), training staff responsible for recovery, planning availability of hardware needed to restore and run system, identifying what facilities will provide service in the event of a failure.

Technology life cycle I think isn't in the spec.. Might be wrong on that.. But it's basically four stages that technology goes through: research&development, ascent, maturity and decline. I'm sure you don't need to know this, just the development life cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the 20 marks from jan12 till June 14.
    Jan 12 : Emerging technologies, social & environmental issues about virtual companies.
    Jun 12: Implications of future uses and developments of ICT.
    Jan 13: Social media impact on employees, customers and society.
    June 13: Impacts of faster broadband on individuals, organisations & society.
    June 14: How size of organisation & geographical spread influence use & management of ICT.
    So would anyone hazard a guess if these were likely to come up again for the 20 marker?

ReputationRep:
    What could we say for a question on managing large ICT systems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Code101)
    Ah nice nice, im looking to get into City and they want D*D for my BTEC Business and a B for ICT, ive got DD for Business and im guaranteed atleast a B for ICT so they should still let me in 😅

Good luck for tomorrow!
    Aw cool! I'm sure you will, you've near enough already got the entry requirements 😊 Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Explain what an organisation should consider to prepare for a possible disasterand what recovery options may be available to them.

Is this 15 marker talking about the who, what, where, when how often data should be backed up etc?

ReputationRep:
    what is crowdsourcing and crowdfunding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Historyfrenchfan)
    what is crowdsourcing and crowdfunding?
    Crowdsourcing is gaining information from masses of people, crowdfunding is getting money for a task from masses of people
    Examples of each would be using something like a survey platform (there aren't many of these), either paid [surveymonkey?] or unpaid [Google Opinion rewards is the only one I can think of], crowdfunding is a very popular thing in recent years, for example Kickstarter or Indiegogo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quinny898)
    Crowdsourcing is gaining information from masses of people, crowdfunding is getting money for a task from masses of people
    Examples of each would be using something like a survey platform (there aren't many of these), either paid [surveymonkey?] or unpaid [Google Opinion rewards is the only one I can think of], crowdfunding is a very popular thing in recent years, for example Kickstarter or Indiegogo
    how is this different to online donation systems like virgin money giving?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.