Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Indeed, even Falcrap managed to score.
    Do you still want him to sign on a permanent deal?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Do you still want him to sign on a permanent deal?
    I'd take him if we can renegotiate the price. £25m yes, £44m absolutely not.

He's shown glimpses of what he can do, but overall he's been a flop. Our dire midfield/tactics and his injuries haven't helped him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    We've got an outside chance at the PL. If we can get to 30 games and 6-8 points off the top we have got a chance (a very small one). To win it we can only afford to drop around 3-5 points to the end of the season imo.
    I'm normally optimistic but we have no chance of winning the league, if Chelsea carry on at their current points per game rate they'll finish on 90 points, 3 more than we can get even if we win our last 16 games. Chelsea and city would have to royally **** up and us win at least 14 of our last 16 games to even stand a chance, and I don't think either have even a small chance of happening

ReputationRep:
    Good to see paulista has got a work permit according to BBC, looks like a done deal although a bit more expensive than I hoped.

Now a cheeky contract deal with Khedira and put in feelers for Carvalho and Czech or another keeper for the summer...

Mind you I'd still say we're a gk, cdm, St and even winger short of a title challenging side even with our cb crisis eased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    We've got an outside chance at the PL. If we can get to 30 games and 6-8 points off the top we have got a chance (a very small one). To win it we can only afford to drop around 3-5 points to the end of the season imo.
    We'd have to beat United away, Chelsea at home and even after that get a significant swing in our favour to catch that gap up...

ReputationRep:
    Monaco will be tough but you should get through. No James or Falcao but they've still got Moutinho, Toulalan and Berbatov who can do damage on their day.

If Wenger gets the tactics right(which he seems like he's doing) then you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Monaco will be tough but you should get through. No James or Falcao but they've still got Moutinho, Toulalan and Berbatov who can do damage on their day.

If Wenger gets the tactics right(which he seems like he's doing) then you should be fine.
    Strong consistency

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VanGaalOut)
    Strong consistency
    Just because I've been slating his performances at United(which haven't been that shocking considering he's isolated as hell in Van Gaals system) doesn't mean that he isn't a good player who can hurt a team when on form. Van Gaal is to blame for Falcaos underperformance.

Rooney is only striker looking good and he's playing at CM which explains most of the problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Just because I've been slating his performances at United(which haven't been that shocking considering he's isolated as hell in Van Gaals system) doesn't mean that he isn't a good player who can hurt a team when on form. Van Gaal is to blame for Falcaos underperformance.

Rooney is only striker looking good and he's playing at CM which explains most of the problems.
    He's just **** mate. His finishing is ****ing awful, not helped by the system but he's a spent force. Do Monaco still
    Have Lacina?

ReputationRep:
    He's just **** mate. His finishing is ****ing awful, not helped by the system but he's a spent force. Do Monaco still
    Have Lacina?
    Yeah, he's was injured for a while and has 1 goal and 1 assist in 6 appearances so nothing too major that would hurt Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Coquelin is out of contract in the summer and is stalling on a new deal?

ReputationRep:
    Who's looking forward to the quarter final defeat to Bradford??

Anyway, presuming we get past Boro, when is the next round of fixtures - if its at home what are the chances of getting some tickets?

ReputationRep:
    in gif

ReputationRep:

Agent Cesc, the ****ing pussy, could see him getting absolutely banged in a brawl.

Eboue starting from 2:10 on Bridge lol, what a legend. Probs payback for that goal in the CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    And lol at people forgetting we actually got owned by Monaco in our own gaff in pre-season.

It was a slow 1-0 where half of our players weren't even fully fit. Our 3rd XI beat Benfica 5-1 doesn't mean they'd do it again..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Good to see paulista has got a work permit according to BBC, looks like a done deal although a bit more expensive than I hoped.

Now a cheeky contract deal with Khedira and put in feelers for Carvalho and Czech or another keeper for the summer...

Mind you I'd still say we're a gk, cdm, St and even winger short of a title challenging side even with our cb crisis eased

Thing is if we continue with this 4-3-3 set up then a new striker wouldn't be as necessarry as say the other positions. I would say that a natural winger is essential however because right now we've only got Theo and Sanchez. I do like Sanchez playing behind the striker however. GK is not essential but we do need a new ball distributor to replace Arteta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Apparently Coquelin is out of contract in the summer and is stalling on a new deal?
    Tbh he wants to see if he'll still get the playing time, so I'd understand his decision not to rush and sign a contract.

ReputationRep:
    If you switch to 4-3-3 then it's the end of Özil's career here. Predict a move back to Bundesliga (probs Wolfsburg) for £25m then.

ReputationRep:
    If you switch to 4-3-3 then it's the end of Özil's career here. Predict a move back to Bundesliga (probs Wolfsburg) for £25m then.
    We've been playing 4-3-3 for a long time now. He's also already played 4-3-3 against Brighton where he scored?

(Original post by Kruz)
    Tbh he wants to see if he'll still get the playing time, so I'd understand his decision not to rush and sign a contract.

Yeah this. Coquelin is 23 whilst being at loan to Charlton? Guy's proved he can play in the PL so deserves to be starting every game for a lower placed side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We've been playing 4-3-3 for a long time now. He's also already played 4-3-3 against Brighton where he scored?

Yeah this. Coquelin is 23 whilst being at loan to Charlton? Guy's proved he can play in the PL so deserves to be starting every game for a lower placed side.
    Gabriel is looking like it's pretty much done, now I'm hearing Arsene wants to get Kevin Großkreutz due to his versatility. I am not sure how I'd feel about this deal not like he'd improve us massively.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.