Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society XVI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Thanks hun... settled for some bath bombs. One of them is a unicorn horn! :eek: prettyyyy I did a bit better than I was anticipated, but just a bit worried cause got some bad modules coming up and I really want a 2:1 :/

also
    Spoiler:
    Show
    with regards to your abuse post, please please don't feel guilty. it can be so hard to do that kind of thing - from reliving it, to the worry of not being taken seriously, and providing any evidence etc. I hope that justice has been done now, but please don't blame yourself :hugs:
    Ohhh i can send you a bathbomb if you like them (i got given one but dont use them and dont want it to go to waste )
    If you get a 2:1 amazing if not youv still tried your hardest under the circumstances hun. I was convinced id get a 3rd but ended up with a 2:2 which was my hope so you never know hun :jumphug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    thanks hun, i got told about it by my cousin (she knew the man) and it was in the paper but i do t know what the outcome was other than SO register. Just hit me at the time cos the time of my incident was within one of his offending time frames, just urgh and i STILL never spoke out when i found out about the court case, i think i was embarrased because my incident was so minor in comparison :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gah! If anyone sees a post by Anon #4 then it's me!
    Do you use Chrome or Firefox? If so, I have a script you can use to prevent the auto-anon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Do you use Chrome or Firefox? If so, I have a script you can use to prevent the auto-anon.
    doo do doo dooo super rob to the rescue!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still feel horrible about my assignments this month for college, despite having them told to me what i need to do for each paragraph/ criteria. especially as i have to cite things (really want to shoot the person who created that crap)

just want to do well but feel like i cant get it all done due to having 1-3000 word essay and 2-1500-2000 word essays to get done for after the feb half term :/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Saw CPN and mentioned ADHD. Went really well and seeing psychiatrist on thursday to possibly start medication. Really pleased I bought it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Saw CPN and mentioned ADHD. Went really well and seeing psychiatrist on thursday to possibly start medication. Really pleased I bought it up
    That's great! I hope it helps you out. :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well done hun

(Original post by sherbet_lemons7)
    Subbing... :ninja:
    :ninja: :hmmm: :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    If you do, could you tell me how please? Would be kind of helpful Yeah But anyways, will be on and off for the next couple of hours or so probably so whenever :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No improvements as of yet but I'm working on it :yep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Well done hun

:ninja: :hmmm: :beard:
    Thanks

How're you feeling?

(Original post by PandaWho)
    Ohhh i can send you a bathbomb if you like them (i got given one but dont use them and dont want it to go to waste )
    If you get a 2:1 amazing if not youv still tried your hardest under the circumstances hun. I was convinced id get a 3rd but ended up with a 2:2 which was my hope so you never know hun :jumphug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    thanks hun, i got told about it by my cousin (she knew the man) and it was in the paper but i do t know what the outcome was other than SO register. Just hit me at the time cos the time of my incident was within one of his offending time frames, just urgh and i STILL never spoke out when i found out about the court case, i think i was embarrased because my incident was so minor in comparison :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks for the support hun :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    firstly please don't underestimate the abuse lovely. abuse is abuse and he deserves to be punished. its terrible that people think they can do that kind of thing - especially when it affects victims for years if not their entire lives :hugs: Its not your fault, and there are many people who didn't/don't feel able to speak out about it, so you're not alone. I'm glad that he went to court at least, am hoping he got what he deserved - but either way, you are awesome and don't deserve to feel bad in any way :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Unfortunately not - only IE Thanks for the offer though :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thanks for the support hun :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    firstly please don't underestimate the abuse lovely. abuse is abuse and he deserves to be punished. its terrible that people think they can do that kind of thing - especially when it affects victims for years if not their entire lives :hugs: Its not your fault, and there are many people who didn't/don't feel able to speak out about it, so you're not alone. I'm glad that he went to court at least, am hoping he got what he deserved - but either way, you are awesome and don't deserve to feel bad in any way :hugs:
    :facepalm: that was me.

ReputationRep:
    feeling pretty awful right now. really really low. need to do work cause im so behind but just cant face it. everything is making me jump out of my skin as well which isn't great

ReputationRep:
    Yoohoo
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    No improvements as of yet but I'm working on it :yep:
    Been working on it for about eighteen months now and still not got anywhere! Given up on the idea of choir by the way so about if you want me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I play the cornet in a brass band .

The reason I don't want to post anymore is because I feel as though I was making it part of a self fulfilling prophecy. One of my things is that I need to get up and out - it helps me - and being here made me feel as though I needed to read all of the posts, and I found it a bit triggering when people struggle.. I know it's probably weak of me to just blank it out lol but getting on with things (though I know it's not an option to everybody) seems to work best for me.

This forum was very helpful for me while I was in such a difficult place, but now personal situations have calmed down somewhat, I feel as though I am back to where I was before - not 100% but not particularly low either - and staying on here was almost allowing myself to wallow.. if that makes sense!! No doubt I'll be back at some point though .

Now that I've spoken to people, started taking my St John's Wort, and learned some coping mechanisms, things are not as bad as they were before and I'm sure they will carry on getting better (particularly as the nights draw out as my mood is always lower when it's darker).
    Ah cool
    Getting on with things definitely good if you're able to! I think that I probably should be doing that more :hide:
    Glad that things have calmed down/looking on the up now That's really good :hugs: Sorry, I'd just wanted to check that you didn't feel as though you *needed* to go but yeah - best of luck with everyone, and do post back if you need to :eek:

thanks - settled for some bath bombs in the end don't actually have a bath here but just love the smell and saving them for when I go back for easter. yeah think I will have to... so annoying hope you're okay, well done for exam :hugs:
    aah :soap: (almost... ) That's nice Well hopefully can get sorted :eek: annoying that tsr itself doesn't have the option :/ Thanks :hugs:

(Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Yeah, it's just over the road from my main building I think. Might do, thanks

Glad your test went well.
    Ah that's good see how it goes, as you say :eek:
    Thanks

(Original post by OU Student)
    Indeed you can. You have to post in AAM and community team (CT) can sort that out for you.
    Thanks

(Original post by Pathway)
    :hugs: Well done on the test!

-----

Food

Spoiler:
    Show
    Really struggling, I'm on a major downer and I don't know how to deal with it. Feel like crying because I ate and I wasn't "allowed" - but if I hadn't I would've passed out so it was either that or this insane guilt. Feel so ****.
    Could you try joining a society or something to meet out of lectures? Apart from hall/house mates, that's the only way I've really found people
    and thanks! Glad it's over

Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: Don't need to be "allowed" food - you can eat whenever you like! Well done for eating something, though Much better than passing out - and can imagine it must be difficult if you have troubles with food and stuff. :hugs:

(Original post by PandaWho)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it ended up being a 3 course meal! But i managed it all.
    Bought safe foods in tesco which is good, got more bananas so i have like 10 in the flat and a big think of chocolate snack a jacks which i can eat as a meal suplementer
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Good I don't understand starters at all I want my main! :eek: That sounds good - banana's are good - I need to get some more fruit, had an apple today but it'd gone all horrible :/

-------------------------------------------------

Just spent 40 mins trying to decide whether to buy these books again then the countdown ran out for next day delivery, so didn't get them. I *think* I'd like them, but then don't know precisely, so just nervous to get them or not - they're pretty normal price for new books, but I always get my books from charity shops, so don't know Need to remind myself that it's christmas money, but just hate spending :/
    Elections tomorrow too, was hoping to maybe get them before that/so if they didn't go great I could just play with them - but feels too risky cos if I *don't* like the books, and the elections don't go well, then won't be good
    Thinking that because I'm ill I should be able to avoid the post-voting meal, where we hear the results, so that'll be good/avoid any disappointment if it comes. Bleh. Sorry for all these rambles I know it's what it's hear for, but still :hide:

ReputationRep:
    feeling pretty awful right now. really really low. need to do work cause im so behind but just cant face it. everything is making me jump out of my skin as well which isn't great
    :jumphug: If you're feeling low then please don't feel as though you need to do work :nah:

(Original post by stoppingby)
    Yoohoo
    Hi! :hi:
    How're you? (New to thread? if so - welcome! )
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks

How're you feeling?
    Not too bad, had a long day at uni so cba to do work. Probably should get on with some soon though :sigh:

(Original post by stoppingby)
    Yoohoo
    :hi:

Have we met? (Apologies if so, I have the memory of a goldfish :o: ) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Been working on it for about eighteen months now and still not got anywhere! Given up on the idea of choir by the way so about if you want me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How come? You alright?

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:

(subbing, going back into retreat :ninja:)

You didn't see me :ninja:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.