The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

|| Falmouth Freshers 2015 ||

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by vidishashenoy
Really? That's strange, because in my conditional offer letter they asked for an acceptance fee that I have to pay... now I wonder whether it's only for international students (I am an international applicant so...)

I am so lost now, sorry for confusing you too! T.T

Hmm, that might be the case. I think if everyone had to pay it I would have heard about it before now? I'm not sure, maybe I've just been living under a rock haha. Maybe you could email them about it today and ask if it's only for international students. Did they give you a specific time frame in which to pay it or did they just say it had to be paid before the start of the course?

Anyone else in this thread who is a UK student, have you also been asked to pay a fee?
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by Ellie~
Hmm, that might be the case. I think if everyone had to pay it I would have heard about it before now? I'm not sure, maybe I've just been living under a rock haha. Maybe you could email them about it today and ask if it's only for international students. Did they give you a specific time frame in which to pay it or did they just say it had to be paid before the start of the course?

Anyone else in this thread who is a UK student, have you also been asked to pay a fee?

They're processing results so anything I send to them would result in an automated reply, so emailing wouldn't work, and I don't suppose calling them would work either since their office must have closed by now.
Anyway, they did say that you could choose to pay it now or once you've met the conditions of your offer. Anyway, it looks like I have tomorrow to find out for myself (And I'm dreading it...) T.T

Any other international students on the thread who could shed some light on the situation, it would be much appreciated! Thanks again!
Hi everyone... how are you all doing? I'm so terrified for tomorrow. :/ Don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight...

They're processing results so anything I send to them would result in an automated reply, so emailing wouldn't work, and I don't suppose calling them would work either since their office must have closed by now.
Anyway, they did say that you could choose to pay it now or once you've met the conditions of your offer. Anyway, it looks like I have tomorrow to find out for myself (And I'm dreading it...) T.T

Any other international students on the thread who could shed some light on the situation, it would be much appreciated! Thanks again!

Also think that sounds really weird? I haven't heard anything about it so I presume it is just for international applicants... if you're worried then I think getting in touch with them is the best option - I don't think it would do any harm to wait until tomorrow, since they've said you can wait until you get your results if you want. :smile:
Original post by charlottei
Hi everyone... how are you all doing? I'm so terrified for tomorrow. :/ Don't think I'll be sleeping well tonight...

Also think that sounds really weird? I haven't heard anything about it so I presume it is just for international applicants... if you're worried then I think getting in touch with them is the best option - I don't think it would do any harm to wait until tomorrow, since they've said you can wait until you get your results if you want. :smile:

It probably is only for international students. Ah well :/

And I already got my results (yesterday) and I missed my offer conditions by 20 UCAS points -_- Also since graphic design hasn't popped up in Falmouth's clearing yet, it must be a really demanding course to be full already! T.T But I guess I'll only know of my fate tomorrow, since Track goes live... and I am absolutely terrified of what's to come... I e-mailed my course leader explaining the situation, so I really do hope they're nice enough to let those twenty points slide! :frown:

And I already got my results (yesterday) and I missed my offer conditions by 20 UCAS points -_- Also since graphic design hasn't popped up in Falmouth's clearing yet, it must be a really demanding course to be full already! T.T But I guess I'll only know of my fate tomorrow, since Track goes live... and I am absolutely terrified of what's to come... I e-mailed my course leader explaining the situation, so I really do hope they're nice enough to let those twenty points slide! :frown:

Ahh I see. Yeah I've just checked whether Graphic Design is on the official clearing list on UCAS and it's not there. This could be a good sign, though, if they've decided to accept more people rather than release the spaces into clearing? And if it's any comfort there will be loads of people ready to talk to tomorrow, because tomorrow is the day when most people will be trying to confirm their place or not!

Still though I wish you the very best of luck :smile: 20 points isn't a huge gap at all so there's a good chance you'll be ok - make sure you come on and let us know.
Ahh I see. Yeah I've just checked whether Graphic Design is on the official clearing list on UCAS and it's not there. This could be a good sign, though, if they've decided to accept more people rather than release the spaces into clearing? And if it's any comfort there will be loads of people ready to talk to tomorrow, because tomorrow is the day when most people will be trying to confirm their place or not!

Still though I wish you the very best of luck :smile: 20 points isn't a huge gap at all so there's a good chance you'll be ok - make sure you come on and let us know.

I sure hope that's the case; that would mean I stand a good chance, I guess. Well, we'll find out tomorrow ^^

And haha, thank you very much! :biggrin: I've been looking forward to this since year 12 (yes, well before I got to applying), and I really do hope that I'll make it through. I'll be sure to come on the thread and let you all know how I've done (I hope everyone else does the same too) :smile:

And good luck for your results as well! ^^
Here's hoping everyone's done well for their A-Levels! I hope you're all getting your offers too! I got an unconditional for graphic design this morning, and I am beyond pleased! >//< So if my visa application goes well this month, I'll be seeing you folks in September!

Also, is there anyone studying in the Falmouth campus with accommodation in Glasney? I am one of those unfortunate (or fortunate, because who knows?!) souls, having applied for it at the last minute... :frown:
Here's hoping everyone's done well for their A-Levels! I hope you're all getting your offers too! I got an unconditional for graphic design this morning, and I am beyond pleased! >//< So if my visa application goes well this month, I'll be seeing you folks in September!

Also, is there anyone studying in the Falmouth campus with accommodation in Glasney? I am one of those unfortunate (or fortunate, because who knows?!) souls, having applied for it at the last minute... :frown:

Oh wow congratulations! :biggrin: I'm so happy you've got your unconditional!

My places in Graphic Design was confirmed this morning too. Ahhh I'm so excited! And yeah I'll be staying in Glasney - but believe it or not I chose to. :P It looks like a really great place to stay, and by the looks of it it's not going to take long to get to the Falmouth campus :smile:
Oh wow congratulations! :biggrin: I'm so happy you've got your unconditional!

My places in Graphic Design was confirmed this morning too. Ahhh I'm so excited! And yeah I'll be staying in Glasney - but believe it or not I chose to. :P It looks like a really great place to stay, and by the looks of it it's not going to take long to get to the Falmouth campus :smile:

Thank you, and congratulations to you too! So I'll definitely be seeing you in September! Btw I am so sorry I took ages to reply, I have been busy with my visa application :frown:And ah, you're in Glasney too? Sweet! I think it only takes twenty-thirty minutes by bus/train... so I'm not as worried about commuting as I was when I first applied for accommodation ^_^

Out of curiosity, is there anyone else under eighteen here on the thread? Because I'm seventeen... I wonder if the people over at FXU are strict about under-eighteens attending some of the Freshers events... I hope not T.T If they are... oh well *shrugs*
Hi - sorry to ask a silly question and to sound like a clucking mother and all that but my daughter is starting in September and due to the accommodation office messing her around, she has ended up in private accommodation rather than halls. I am really starting to worry now that because she will not be on campus she will be missing out on the freshers events etc going on and will be isolated. She will be sharing with four second years but that is not the same as freshers. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Original post by SophieH96
Hi! My name is Sophie and I am a second year on Dance & Choreography and a Student Mentor. Which means I'm around to answer any questions you have before you get to falmouth and throughout your first year. If you didn't know already, we have a facebook group for all dance students joining in September. It's called Dance and Choreography Falmouth 2015/18, so if you could join that would be amazing. See you soon!
I've got a place on the animation course! moving down to Halls on the 12th!
Original post by Jasminemay123
I've got a place on the animation course! moving down to Halls on the 12th!

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Can I ask what halls you're moving into? I'm staying in Glasney and I haven't been given my move in date yet... :/

Can I ask what halls you're moving into? I'm staying in Glasney and I haven't been given my move in date yet... :/

I'm so sorry to ride on this comment but aren't the move in dates for Glasney (and most of other accommodation for Fal Uni) on the 12th of September? Since it's a 42 week contract, and my app shows that starts on the 12/09/2015... so I'm wondering if there's a another date now? Sorry if I confused anyone >.<

Heya, I'll be a second year student in September and just to let you know I missed the required UCAS points by a mile... Although I had circumstances of being in the hospital for months and having to drop an A Level, Falmouth still let me in yet my insurance didn't! I think they care far more about a person's creative talents rather than academic talents, especially if the a levels aren't relevant to the course you want to study. I wish you all the best and hope you get good news tomorrow! Also as for student accommodation, Glasney Village isn't the best one :wink:

Edit: I completely missed when you posted this! I take it you got in?
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm so sorry to ride on this comment but aren't the move in dates for Glasney (and most of other accommodation for Fal Uni) on the 12th of September? Since it's a 42 week contract, and my app shows that starts on the 12/09/2015... so I'm wondering if there's a another date now? Sorry if I confused anyone >.<

I've heard that although the 'official' move in date is the 12th you have to book your slot at some point over the weekend? I honestly can't remember where I heard that though so don't quote me on it, haha. I think we should hear via email soon if this is the case.
Original post by Novascope
Heya, I'll be a second year student in September and just to let you know I missed the required UCAS points by a mile... Although I had circumstances of being in the hospital for months and having to drop an A Level, Falmouth still let me in yet my insurance didn't! I think they care far more about a person's creative talents rather than academic talents, especially if the a levels aren't relevant to the course you want to study. I wish you all the best and hope you get good news tomorrow! Also as for student accommodation, Glasney Village isn't the best one :wink:

Edit: I completely missed when you posted this! I take it you got in?

Haha yeah I did manage to get in, thankfully!
And hahaha ****, really? I only managed to get into Glasney, because I was late with applying for accommodation! :redface: Well, I suppose I'll have to make do with it for the year :/

Btw what course are you doing? :smile:
I've heard that although the 'official' move in date is the 12th you have to book your slot at some point over the weekend? I honestly can't remember where I heard that though so don't quote me on it, haha. I think we should hear via email soon if this is the case.

haha well... we'll see. I hope it won't be too much of a problem since I'm flying to England on the 11th, in the hopes that I'll be allowed to move in on the 12th.
Haha yeah I did manage to get in, thankfully!
And hahaha ****, really? I only managed to get into Glasney, because I was late with applying for accommodation! :redface: Well, I suppose I'll have to make do with it for the year :/

Btw what course are you doing? :smile:

Haha don't get me wrong it's cool accommodation but the uni does kinda over sell it because there's another private accommodation (that I stayed i) which is only 2 years old, more modern and generally nicer. You'll probably spend time there if you make friends there anyway. Everyone is always going back and forth :smile: staying in halls will be so fun.

I'm studying journalism & creative writing. You?

I'm staying at the sidings, I move in on the 12th. I booked my check in time yesterday x
haha well... we'll see. I hope it won't be too much of a problem since I'm flying to England on the 11th, in the hopes that I'll be allowed to move in on the 12th.

Ahh I see, yeah I'll think you'll be absolutely fine. Even if you missed out I'm sure they'd be able to organise something, considering you'll be flying in. :smile:

Original post by Jasminemay123
I'm staying at the sidings, I move in on the 12th. I booked my check in time yesterday x

Oh nice, see you there then! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending