Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the very last question I put my answers in degrees (170 and 730 or whatever they were) instead of in radians. Did the question ask for them in radians?

ReputationRep:
    Just go on Wolfram alpha and put in tan(x/3)=2
    90% sure it was 3.3 ish and 12.7 ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradWerritt)
    For the very last question I put my answers in degrees (170 and 730 or whatever they were) instead of in radians. Did the question ask for them in radians?
    Yeah but you'll probably get 3/4 marks if they're correct

ReputationRep:
    Yep I got 3.3 and 12.7 (ish) for the last qu too, and yes it did ask for it in radians specifically

ReputationRep:
    How many marks will I drop on the 2n - n-1 question.

I worked out 2n - n instead , and obtained a quadratic but actually got the right answer of n = 24

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrathamM)
    Yep I got 3.3 and 12.7 (ish) for the last qu too, and yes it did ask for it in radians specifically
    They also asked for it to 3 SF I think.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an idea of what 64/72 might be in ums?

ReputationRep:
    i would say 90ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmedi)
    What was the mark for 100% in june 14?
    I'm not sure how you work it out but I found out the difference in marks between an A and a B (7) and added twice of that to the marks required to get an A (56). If that's correct then 100% UMS would require 70 marks. Reasoning: 10% = 7 marks, 80% (A) = 56 marks.

ReputationRep:
    what would the grade boundaries be

(Original post by Project22)
    Anyone have an idea of what 64/72 might be in ums?
    I think quite a few people are feeling grade boundaries are going to be similar to June 2014, so around 91 UMS give or take a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram74)
    They also asked for it to 3 SF I think.
    Yeah they did, I did that just forgot what it was

ReputationRep:
    unofficial mark scheme - https://twitter.com/Aqib_Mustafa/sta...83214698721280

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmedi)
    Attachment 403489

Some people were asking for a solution for the N = 24 question;
    This is what I did for the exam;
    I did the right method but got the wrong answer cos I think I made a mistake simplifying the quadratic, how many marks would I get? Also how many marks for this q in total?

ReputationRep:
    Good paper.

ReputationRep:
    for the simultaneous equations, were there meant to be two answers for x and y? i'm pretty sure i got x=32 and y=8 (i can only remember writing y=8 tho, mind went blank since leaving that exam :/) but i also got x=1/2?? (can't remember the y value)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how many marks I'd get for the sum of 2N question, if I did 2N-N rather than 2N-(N-1)?
    I got a quadratic and used the formula to get two answers, think I got 40 for N in the end which obviously isn't right.. just wondering if I'd get 1 or 2 marks for it though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsanda)
    You'd lose the mark on 9i), and possibly one of the two on 9ii).
    How many method marks for doing for 9 iv):
    2cos1/3x = sin1/3x
    tan-11/3x = 2
    1/3x =1.1072...

then being stupid and multiplying by a 1/3 NOT dividing???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsanda)
    See post above this, questions and marks added in
    Would i get 4 marks for writing 17.1 but for some reason writing down 18 aswell thinking you have to round it to full number. And also for the what is a question would i get any method marks if i wrote 1/3 instead and how many method marks would i get for the N question if i got a quadratic equation for both but didnt get to factorise it in order to solve N

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AZ98)
    for the simultaneous equations, were there meant to be two answers for x and y? i'm pretty sure i got x=32 and y=8 (i can only remember writing y=8 tho, mind went blank since leaving that exam :/) but i also got x=1/2?? (can't remember the y value)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nope only 1 set of answers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.