Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    that was bad!

ReputationRep:
    I do not think that is true because the intensity is so low so it is practically harmless. Also microwaves are not examples of ionising radiation. On top of this the only risk I got was that it can cause the water molecules in our brain to vibrate and cause damage, anyone else get that?
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    no they can damage body cells too! Can change DNA do cause mutations etc...
    Else we wouldn't protect ourselves from microwave radiation from microwaves lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEscared)
    I do not think that is true because the intensity is so low so it is practically harmless. Also microwaves are not examples of ionising radiation. On top of this the only risk I got was that it can cause the water molecules in our brain to vibrate and cause damage, anyone else get that?
    Yeah basically just heats the brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimeelovescats)
    Yeah basically just heats the brain.
    Yeah pretty much,

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can someone tell me where everyone is finding out about the grade boundaries please? I thought to get an A* on a paper you needed 90% which is 54/60 is this correct? I think after today's physics paper I'l b lucky to get a C!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Poison)
    Just wondering how many of you guys actually completed all the questions?
    I left the last question out, I literally had no time :/
    don't worry buddy...I am with u... U only missed the last question I have missed one of the 6 marks one... And 2 or 3 questions worth 2 marks literally didn't had the freaking time.... And there was nothing on the paper I have revised all the parallax or the theory... Or the ozone layer etc....
    I literally failed the core science I can tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h2e)
    Hi, can someone tell me where everyone is finding out about the grade boundaries please? I thought to get an A* on a paper you needed 90% which is 54/60 is this correct? I think after today's physics paper I'l b lucky to get a C!!
    Nope that's just a myth teachers say haha. If you search OCR grade boundaries 2014 on google and click the first link and find physics GCSE then you'll find the grade boundaries x

The harder the exam, the lower the grade boundaries x

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow really, thats a relief! Thank u kxylah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h2e)
    These are rough estimate when doing practice tests in class, the real grade boundaries are dependent on the results of the population, and a certain percentage have to get a certain grade such as an A*. Generally the more people who score higher marks cause the grade boundaries to be higher whilst if the population score low on the exam then the grade boundaries will be lower as a certain percentage still need to get each grade. Hope that cleared things up for you! :-).

EDIT - didn't realize someone had responded, apologies!

That paper today was awful for me though, literally stared at the paper for half the exam panicking although managed to answer most of the questions bar from a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AneebMMalik)
    nice XD i will kill the guy who wrote this exam paper...personally ._.
    haha i will do too ! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone here doing triple science?

ReputationRep:
    No I think some year 10 core are on here aswell, plus core resits

ReputationRep:
    I hope the 4,5,6's don't have this much maths in because I will fail then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEscared)
    No I think some year 10 core are on here aswell, plus core resits
    Your username is on point!

ReputationRep:
    I agree!! That is so true, hardly any science content. I mean what happened to

ReputationRep:
    The Big Bang and continental drift ect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kxylah)
    Is everyone here doing triple science?
    Yeah I'm doing triple science (Year 11 currently)

ReputationRep:
    You cannot say that the fact sediments are found on two continents supports his theory because sediments can be formed anywhere. If the question said the SAME sediments were found then THAT supports his theory

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any exams tomorrow? I think the majority of people don't. Need to revise poetry for Friday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kxylah)
    Your username is on point!
    I sense a hint of sarcasm...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.