Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ibac)
It really sucks

Where else have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and KCL.
I already got an offer from Glasgow and Kings You?
CaitlinDy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by charliemaths1207)
Thanks! I was wondering is it much harder going in on second year I know the fast track is a combination of first and second year but is it a lot of extra work? Also what is the social side like because you are joining a class that has already been together a year?
It is definitely a step up from high school but nothing unmanageable. The social side is fine as not only will there be others who are entering into second year modules but those who have already been at uni for a year are generally quite accepting of new people - you'll end up next to someone you don't know in a maths lecture or tutorial or computing workshop and you'll get chatting to them quite quickly.
I made most of my friends in my hall; you'll come to know a lot of people.
Ibac
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FJ17)
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and KCL.
I already got an offer from Glasgow and Kings You?
Oxford (rejected) Warwick (offer) UCL Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile
madmed16
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys I'm starting to panic about my medicine interview!! Do you think having a band 2 in SJT will put me at a massive disadvantage? Would I basically have to have a perfect interview to get an offer? 😔
Valesker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Applied for International Relations with French and Russian on the 13th of November, still waiting for a response
Rorschach II
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ispyjonnytriff)
WhatUni often give acceptance rates for individual courses: such as English and Comp Lit

I don't know exactly how accurate they are - the figure generally given by the university is an average of 12 applications per place, rising to 20 for very popular subjects like economics and international relations.
Thanks.

That looks kinda high...
Abbh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ibac)
Oxford (rejected) Warwick (offer) UCL Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile
me- Oxford (rejected) warwick(offer) Glasgow(offer) Edinburgh and here(st andrews)
Ibac
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abbh)
me- Oxford (rejected) warwick(offer) Glasgow(offer) Edinburgh and here(st andrews)

I suppose you are applying (as me) for PPE

Posted from TSR Mobile
teenagecrime
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied for IR+Econ from the US a few days ago, and reading through here there's so many people who applied for said combo and now i'm worried
Ibac
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by teenagecrime)
I applied for IR+Econ from the US a few days ago, and reading through here there's so many people who applied for said combo and now i'm worried
Don't worry! I think that at St Andrews US students are really welcomed

Posted from TSR Mobile
redwhiteandbrit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by teenagecrime)
(Original post by Ibac)
Don't worry! I think that at St Andrews US students are really welcomed

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Andrews is full of Americans ;D don't worry, your stats are probably really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last edited by redwhiteandbrit; 2 years ago
Flaubertshowbear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Valesker)
Applied for International Relations with French and Russian on the 13th of November, still waiting for a response
I applied for the same, minus the French, at around the same time as you and have yet to hear anything. I assume that at this late a stage they'll probably wait till after the Jan 15 deadline. Where else have you applied?
Valesker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Flaubertshowbear)
I applied for the same, minus the French, at around the same time as you and have yet to hear anything. I assume that at this late a stage they'll probably wait till after the Jan 15 deadline. Where else have you applied?
Yeah I assume the same

Also applied to LSE (International Relations), UCL (European Social and Political Studies), Bristol (Politics and French) and Durham (Combined Honours in Social Sciences)

How about you?
SGrice
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mich_86)
does anyone know what time they send out the letters of admission for students in the United States? I'm wondering If I'll get an email at like 2 am ? May sound a bit ridiculous but I'm curious and would really appreciate any insight.
I got my offer at 2:32 in the morning on Thanksgiving! 😂 So it's possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Debjitdj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello everyone. I am from India. Just received an offer for maths and computer science.
Flaubertshowbear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Valesker)
Yeah I assume the same

Also applied to LSE (International Relations), UCL (European Social and Political Studies), Bristol (Politics and French) and Durham (Combined Honours in Social Sciences)

How about you?
It's still fairly frustrating. Not a great at waiting.

Oh good stuff. I've applied to UCL x2 ( Politics and East European Studies & Russian Studies), Bristol (Politics and Russian) and Edinburgh (Russian Studies and Politics)

See you in East Fife in the Autumn, possibly.
Valesker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Flaubertshowbear)
It's still fairly frustrating. Not a great at waiting.

Oh good stuff. I've applied to UCL x2 ( Politics and East European Studies & Russian Studies), Bristol (Politics and Russian) and Edinburgh (Russian Studies and Politics)

See you in East Fife in the Autumn, possibly.
Желаю тебе удачи
James B96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,

Has anybody else here applied for Geology? I have received offers from all of my choices apart from St. Andrews. Has anybody doing Geology received an offer from here?

Many thanks,

James
CaitlinDy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by James B96)
Hello,

Has anybody else here applied for Geology? I have received offers from all of my choices apart from St. Andrews. Has anybody doing Geology received an offer from here?

Many thanks,

James
Hi James,
If you've applied through UCAS you're unlikely to hear before the UCAS deadline (although that's quite close I believe!) The university give out offers as soon as they can but it can take a while; they usually aim to have them all given out by the end of March although I know a lot of people (including myself) who heard back much earlier.
Good Luck!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (443)
91.72%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (40)
8.28%

Watched Threads