Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's a maths test at the interview?! Come again?

(At least I can do maths)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    There's a maths test at the interview?! Come again?

(At least I can do maths)
    yeah they mentioned it on the open day, pretty sure they said it was like really really basic calculations, just making sure you can actually do really simple maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    yeah they mentioned it on the open day, pretty sure they said it was like really really basic calculations, just making sure you can actually do really simple maths
    Ah I couldn't go to th open day, that's fine though cos I did loads of Maths in my degree

ReputationRep:
    I really think you should postpone it to March. Not being your best at interview can affect whether or not you receive an offer but the date of the interview cannot. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rids_khan)
    Everyone I really need your help!!
    So I got an interview for 9th December at keele, but because of a family death I thought I should postpone it. I called keele and they said they can rearrange it but then they won't know when they'll be able rearrange it to. It could be in march.
    Im really worried that if I get it in march, it'll decrease my chance of getting an offer and it'll just stretch it too long. But i feel i haven't got enough preparation for the interview and the maths test and I don't have time to do more because of the death. I don't know what to do!!!
    Any advice would be appreciated! Anything. Anyone??
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly, postpone it until March because they specifically say on their website that your chances of getting an offer doesn't change depending on whether you do it in December or March - what WOULD affect your chances is how prepared you are for the interview. From that perspective March is best for you, so don't worry!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received anymore rjections/interview offers

ReputationRep:
    GL peoples

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    people getting interviews ??????

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone who got any rejections?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to revise for the maths section of the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    I'm a graduate too!

Do you think they compare our applications amongst undergrads or more "against" each other's? (If that makes sense)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a graduate, and both my friends were graduates also and they received interviews in March last year, so I honestly would not stress right until the end for Keele

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    I am a graduate, and both my friends were graduates also and they received interviews in March last year, so I honestly would not stress right until the end for Keele
    Thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    Did any of them/ you get asked for your transcripts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    What's your degree in? They may be looking to see if there enough science/ chemistry in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we all got asked actually! I got a C in chemistry A level , but my transcripts were okay with a mixture of 2:1s 1sts and a few 2:2s but my problem was the R and R form last year, academically I was okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisagee10)
    What's your degree in? They may be looking to see if there enough science/ chemistry in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they said they were looking for chemistry content, my degree is microbiology I just hoped there's enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    Yes, we all got asked actually! I got a C in chemistry A level , but my transcripts were okay with a mixture of 2:1s 1sts and a few 2:2s but my problem was the R and R form last year, academically I was okay
    That's so reassuring to hear as I am in a similar position chemistry-wise, being a graduate applicant! Did you put your individual module marks on UCAS or just put your overall degree classification, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherine_b)
    That's so reassuring to hear as I am in a similar position chemistry-wise, being a graduate applicant! Did you put your individual module marks on UCAS or just put your overall degree classification, if you don't mind me asking?
    I put all my module marks, what about yourself??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they said they were looking for chemistry content, my degree is microbiology I just hoped there's enough!
    Well that's a bit strange that they asked you then. You'd think there was def enough chemistry in microbiology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherine_b)
    Same here! I didn't because I didn't realise we had to!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.