Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Skitee)
    Oh no, Northampton and Bath will definitely be in the running but I think, with the signings Exeter have made and how well they did last season, they could just pip Bath and Saints
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I'm not sure you can rule out Northampton and Bath. I still don't back Exeter to get in ahead of those two, so I think it'll be four of Sarries, Quins, Tigers, Saints and Bath.
    (Original post by Skitee)
    Putting it like that, that sounds ominously good...

What's everyone's early shout for the playoffs? Mine might be Sarries, Tigers, Quins, Chiefs: is that realistic or am I hoping for too much from Quins?
    (Original post by matt1306)
    Yeah but we can't get carried away with ourselves, its about being good after 22 rounds not 3 so its still really hard to tell whose going to be up there and whose not.

Id go with a top 4 made up of; Sarries, Tigers, Chiefs, Bath, Quins, Wasps and I wouldn't rule out Gloucester tbf

at the minute out of that id go with Sarries, Tigers, Saints Quins but its anyones guess.

On the other side of the table, newcastle are looking to be in danger
    (Original post by leahdw)
    Given the table as it stands, Newcastle and Irish are in danger. I'd like to see Worcester staying up.

I'd like to see a playoffs with Sarries, Exeter, Bath and Saints, with a Sarries-Exeter final. But of course that's my absolute ideal, so it's probably not going to happen.
    (Original post by matt1306)
    I agree, Champions cup is really competitive, just look at pool 5 for example!! I just have a feeling that an English club will do some damage this year.
    Looking back at some predictions from the start of the thread. Quins? Bath? Saints? How wrong we were...

Well done England to Aus! So happy 😚

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do rugby players shave their legs, or is it just a massive coincidence? Can't think of any logic behind shaving them.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to England on their tour win, and to Nick Phipps for the worst international scrum half performance I've seen.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Do rugby players shave their legs, or is it just a massive coincidence? Can't think of any logic behind shaving them.
    Gavin Henson does.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Swiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggg g loooooooowwwwwwwwwww!

I believe some do, especially above the knee because some players need to tape up their thighs for matches when holding down shorts or for injuries because if they didn't shave it would be a case of pulling the tape off hairy legs "ouch" and other reasons for shaving at their ankles and wrists etc when strapping up injuries, and so they shave for the same reason.

ReputationRep:
    God Phipps was horrendous he and Foley pretty much cost Australia. Cant think of a much worse performance I've seen then that.

ReputationRep:
    Getting tape off hair is an absolute nightmare and it comes off more easily meaning you have to make it tighter. When you consider that a pro rugby player might have to tape up 6+ times a week it makes more sense.

ReputationRep:
    What a day to be an Eng rugby supporter! Immensely proud of the lads out there. I would never have imagined some of the blokes, namely Robshaw, to be playing as they are given the world cup.

Welsh performance of the day goes to Nige for pulling Farrell up for foul play. Nice one butt.

(Original post by Astrtricks)
    Getting tape off hair is an absolute nightmare and it comes off more easily meaning you have to make it tighter. When you consider that a pro rugby player might have to tape up 6+ times a week it makes more sense.
    The sheer thought though!! Perks of being a lady..(Little Britian Voice) has its uses..haha

(Original post by Elzar)
    What a day to be an Eng rugby supporter! Immensely proud of the lads out there. I would never have imagined some of the blokes, namely Robshaw, to be playing as they are given the world cup.

Welsh performance of the day goes to Nige for pulling Farrell up for foul play. Nice one butt.
    Feel I didn't get the memo today..oops!! Will have to watch the highlights. What were Aus doing? Sleeping 😭😴

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet _One86)
    The sheer thought though!! Perks of being a lady..(Little Britian Voice) has its uses..haha

Feel I didn't get the memo today..oops!! Will have to watch the highlights. What were Aus doing? Sleeping 😭😴
    Australia were poor going forward. Lots of unforced errors. The scrum half was woeful. As someone else said above one of the worst performances from a scrum half he can remember. Phipps was utterly clueless.

England defensively though were superb. Robshaw, Itoje, Haskell and Ford all put forward monstrous efforts.

Michael Hoopers a real knob though. Throwing sand during the scrum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet _One86)
    Aus played the whole game with a focus on niggle trying to wind up Eng players. As a response to last week but it backfired tbh. Wrt Owens/Faz, one of the Aussies, Foley i think, blocked Farrell but Owens thought it was foul play by Farrell. Probably wouldn't have been given had he not seen it

(Original post by Elzar)
    Aus played the whole game with a focus on niggle trying to wind up Eng players. As a response to last week but it backfired tbh. Wrt Owens/Faz, one of the Aussies, Foley i think, blocked Farrell but Owens thought it was foul play by Farrell. Probably wouldn't have been given had he not seen it
    Lovely Aussies - thanks a lot for the win haha. I look forward to watching it back later. ((Incredible performance by England who had just 30 per cent of possession and made something like 230 tackles to 90. Eleven times Australia put on seven phases or more but England —camped in their own 22 for the majority of that second half— would not bend. Australia did ‘win’ something, however. Handling errors, 15-2.))

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Australia were poor going forward. Lots of unforced errors. The scrum half was woeful. As someone else said above one of the worst performances from a scrum half he can remember. Phipps was utterly clueless.

England defensively though were superb. Robshaw, Itoje, Haskell and Ford all put forward monstrous efforts.

Michael Hoopers a real knob though. Throwing sand during the scrum.
    Sounds like quite a game..Alas Aus have lost ball, and kudos to us for winning our first test series down under Looking at the stats of play too, looks good!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone else think New Zealand are going to walk the Rugby Championship like they've never walked it before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Anyone else think New Zealand are going to walk the Rugby Championship like they've never walked it before?
    From what I've seen of Australia and SA they've been very poor. For the most part, New Zealand have been their usual clinical selves. I hope they do run away with it, for Wales' sake.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    New season, new thread.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.