Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i just got an offer for a foundation year in computer science, im just so happy they want me there, the lecture is so nice and the location is nice too

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer in November for economics, business and management with a foundation year for September 2016! It's my firm and only choice! So who else am I likely to see??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasumikat)
    i just got an offer for a foundation year in computer science, im just so happy they want me there, the lecture is so nice and the location is nice too
    Is foundation year in computer science taught on the main campus or is it at Sussex Crawley College?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hefty11)
    Is foundation year in computer science taught on the main campus or is it at Sussex Crawley College?
    Hmmm not sure... i thought it was taught in the main campus but i'll find out from the computer science lecturer

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm not sure... i thought it was taught in the main campus but i'll find out from the computer science lecturer
    Just recieved an email from the department of informatics or whatever its called, they said foundation yeat computer science will be taught at the main campus University of Sussex at Falmer 😊

ReputationRep:
    Just recieved an email from the department of informatics or whatever its called, they said foundation yeat computer science will be taught at the main campus University of Sussex at Falmer 😊
    cool!~ i was talking to my mum that it'd be a bit of a problem if it isnt in the main campus XD anyways are you also doing Foundation year in Computer Science?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure but unlike others, from the Sussex blurb and admissions, foundation year students are treated and taught the same school/department as UGs.
    Same campus, accommodation and access
    As its a integrated foundation it should give you a real boost for your 1st year UG studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colinj451)
    Not sure but unlike others, from the Sussex blurb and admissions, foundation year students are treated and taught the same school/department as UGs.
    Same campus, accommodation and access
    As its a integrated foundation it should give you a real boost for your 1st year UG studies
    Cheers for the info 👌🏽

cool!~ i was talking to my mum that it'd be a bit of a problem if it isnt in the main campus XD anyways are you also doing Foundation year in Computer Science?
    Yeah, i'm going this september, applying for accommodation but not too sure what one to pick, i just want one that is social, close to shops so i can buy a quick snack sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'm going this september, applying for accommodation but not too sure what one to pick, i just want one that is social, close to shops so i can buy a quick snack sometimes
    En-suite or not?
    And how much are you looking to pay?
    £90 for East Slope or Park Village (bargain basics) to £150 for upper end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colinj451)
    En-suite or not?
    And how much are you looking to pay?
    £90 for East Slope or Park Village (bargain basics) to £150 for upper end
    Just average, in the middle to be honest. I'm not too bothered if its en suite or not

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I accepted my offer for the MA in Globalisation, Business and Development at the IDS. Since it is postgrad I am not guaranteed with on campus accommodation. Can someone provide me with information what the actual chances to get campus accommodation are.

thanks a lot (:
    sam

ReputationRep:
    Ok I got a response from the accommodation office fyi

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we are not ableto offer accommodation to Postgraduates from within the EU as we are expecting ahigher than usual number of new undergraduates for 2016/17, therefore we wouldrecommend that you take a look at our private sector webpages and join theFacebook group and register for Studentpad http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/accomm...ivately-rented

So it seems no chance for postgrad from the EU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam667)

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we are not ableto offer accommodation to Postgraduates from within the EU as we are expecting ahigher than usual number of new undergraduates for 2016/17, therefore we wouldrecommend that you take a look at our private sector webpages and join theFacebook group and register for Studentpad http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/accomm...ivately-rented

Well that's crap! As a PG you should still need accommodation rather than have to sort it out privatly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam667)

What!? That sucks.. I knew our chances were slimmer than those of UG but I wouldn't have thought it to turn out like that. Guess I'll have to start looking for an apartment if I keep my offer at Sussex.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am also quite disappointed cause I really wanted to stay on campus since I want to focus mainly on studying during postgrad

Nevertheless, I do not really understand why undergrads are preferred since a lot more undergrads quit their studies compared to postgrads. They could at least offer something for non-British people I have to fly now to the UK to search an apartment. Anyhow, I think Brighton life has its advantages as well

ReputationRep:
    I have just accepted an unconditional offer for the MA in Development Studies

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, when did you apply for accommodation for Sussex? I'm applying for 2017 entry but just want to plan in advance :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pratyeka)
    I have just accepted an unconditional offer for the MA in Development Studies
    Congrats on that!

Anyone else going to the IDS?

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from the IDS for MA Poverty and Development and another for MA International Relations. I think I might eventually go with the IDS offer.

ReputationRep:
    Does one has good ideas how to get cheap accommodation in Brighton?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 11, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.