Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baz1000)
    Offer for single room in Carr Saunders yesterday!!! I only applied for one room in that hall and it was my first choice.

LSE is a gift that keeps on giving............

Congrats and I also got an offer from Carr Saunders. We may be seeing each other in september.

What course have you applied for?

Summary of accommodation anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsallokay)
    Congrats and I also got an offer from Carr Saunders. We may be seeing each other in september.

What course have you applied for?
    That's exactly what happened to me! Only applied to one room in Carr Saunders, but put it as my first choice. I'll be studying management🎉Hope to see you all there

ReputationRep:
    Stuck between opting for College Hall, Connaught Hall and Bankside.

My parents think Bankside is too long of a walk

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Morning all,

I'm a UK student (crazy, right?); about to firm my offer to read Politics and Philosophy in September. Anyone else on this course?

And does anyone know about decent societies? I seen some stomach-churning ones -- entrepreneurs society, hedge fund society (shudder) -- are there any lefties here or am I going to have to chill at Goldsmiths during breaks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeWest1312)
    Morning all,

I'm a UK student (crazy, right?); about to firm my offer to read Politics and Philosophy in September. Anyone else on this course?

And does anyone know about decent societies? I seen some stomach-churning ones -- entrepreneurs society, hedge fund society (shudder) -- are there any lefties here or am I going to have to chill at Goldsmiths during breaks?
    LSE actually has the largest labour society, I'm more of a leftie (brother is at goldsmiths ) I think there are plenty of sports and stuff but I'm sure there are plenty of good societies and its London, worlds your oyster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmarPatel98)

Any advice?
    I'm planning on cycling there's a nice route and decent facilities to lock bikes at both ends - just make sure you have adequate insurance, protection, and a bike that isn't too flashy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmarPatel98)

Any advice?
    I am staying at bankside now, its a 20 minute walk - possibly your only exercise whilst at uni! Its got good shops about 30 second walk away and the accommodation itself is amazing, especially the bar in the basement.

ReputationRep:
    Morning all,

My close friend is on that course and apparently its very enjoyable - especially Ph103.

The LSE has a reputation for being one of the most left-wing universities in the world, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    I am staying at bankside now, its a 20 minute walk - possibly your only exercise whilst at uni! Its got good shops about 30 second walk away and the accommodation itself is amazing, especially the bar in the basement.
    Any more info about Bankside you could give, being someone that stays there now? Pros/cons?

Bankside vs Carr-Saunders vs Westminster Bridge Place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_mc)
    LSE actually has the largest labour society, I'm more of a leftie (brother is at goldsmiths ) I think there are plenty of sports and stuff but I'm sure there are plenty of good societies and its London, worlds your oyster

Cheers. tbh I was thinking more along the lines of an 'eat the rich' society than Labour, but beggers, choosers.

ReputationRep:
    My close friend is on that course and apparently its very enjoyable - especially Ph103.

The LSE has a reputation for being one of the most left-wing universities in the world, don't worry.
    Really? I've heard different. Yeah the course looks good, I'm drooling over PH203 currently.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has detailed info on how is the straight economics course?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for straight economics are there any straight econ students out there who could give us an idea of;
    1) what the course is like is the first term for new students, do you hit the ground running?
    2) how much maths and essay writing you do (i.e. is it 90% maths and the rest kind of essay writing)?
    3) how much free time do you have, is it as bad as the student satisfaction suggests?
    4) What do you do in classes that you don't do in lectures?
    5) can you realistically have a job in term time?
    6) What are the lecturers like?

(sorry for all the questions)

ReputationRep:
    Morning all,

I get emails from the Investment Banking Society and I don't even know how they got my email...

ReputationRep:
    anyone at rosebery?

ReputationRep:
    Really? I've heard different. Yeah the course looks good, I'm drooling over PH203 currently.
    I go to the LSE, trust me its true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyaviator23)
    Got an offer for straight economics are there any straight econ students out there who could give us an idea of;
    1) what the course is like is the first term for new students, do you hit the ground running?
    2) how much maths and essay writing you do (i.e. is it 90% maths and the rest kind of essay writing)?
    3) how much free time do you have, is it as bad as the student satisfaction suggests?
    4) What do you do in classes that you don't do in lectures?
    5) can you realistically have a job in term time?
    6) What are the lecturers like?

(sorry for all the questions)
    1) Yes you hit the ground running, especially in MA100 and ST102 (MA103 if you take it). In week 1 you will feel out of your depth.

2) Its completely dependant on the options you take, you can choose MA103 in your first year and have 0 essays.

3) Depends what you want to do, most of my straight econ friends go out 2/3 times a week. If you aren't an IB obsessed, 100% seeking person - then the LSE has a good social life. Not as bad as student satisfaction suggests.

4) Teachers go through homework and examples with you, there is interaction between students and teachers where you can ask questions, and they are compulsory.

5) No. Pick between a social life and work, and the LSE limits you to 10 hours per week.

6) Very mixed - as for your first year they are acceptable.

2) Its completely dependant on the options you take, you can choose MA103 in your first year and have 0 essays.
    Is it possible to take MA103 if you're doing straight econ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.