Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    Wait, old conservatism is one nation tories, right? Lool, good luck to you too!
    Yeah , I'm stumped if they ask anything on coalition politics oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepholmes)
    Yeah , I'm stumped if they ask anything on coalition politics oh dear
    I don't think they will, since most of the coalition questions were in 2011/2012, and after that they haven't really focused on it. What could they possibly ask us about coalitions in the parties question, though? D:

ReputationRep:
    Guys panic not! We have like 2 and a half days after Unit 1 to learn the entirity of Unit 2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sylavela)
    Guys panic not! We have like 2 and a half days after Unit 1 to learn the entirity of Unit 2!
    I'm scared about unit 2.

I have so much left! FML

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for pressure groups?!!! Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can'twaitforanon)
    I'm scared about unit 2.

I have so much left! FML
    You'll be fine. Are you planning to do all the topics and how far along are you with revision? I did it last year and did quite well.

ReputationRep:
    help me out kids!!

To what extent has the Conservative Party abandoned Thatcherism?
    i feel like im losing my marbles lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokémontrainer)
    You'll be fine. Are you planning to do all the topics and how far along are you with revision? I did it last year and did quite well.
    I don't think I have enough examples at the moment. I'm trying to get all of unit 1 revised by the morning...yes pulling an all nighter.

ReputationRep:
    Nuuuuu bad idea!!!

ReputationRep:
    Good morning everyone! Are we all revising hard today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sylavela)
    Good morning everyone! Are we all revising hard today?
    Yeahhhhh
    Hope we get nice questions tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel K)
    Looks like its time to start revision. New to the thread so was wondering if there are any revision documents floating around?? Any help is appreciated.
    (Original post by willsmith410)
    these are missing the pressure groups and judiciary topics but otherwise complete
    Shoutout to willsmith410 ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can'twaitforanon)
    I'm scared about unit 2.

I have so much left! FML
    I haven't even started revising Unit 2 yet. It's all about Unit 1 for me. I'm not sure if I should revise Unit 2 today and get a start on that, or just dedicate this weekend to wrapping up and preparing for Unit 1. Unit 2 is certainly the one I'm weaker at, but you should never underestimate how difficult Unit 1 could be. (Pressure Group 25 marker 2015 exam paper, anyone?)

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else making notes from the politics review magazines? They're on topical stuff like electoral reform and pressure group success and an evaluation of UK representative democracy so I think they might be really helpful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i22)
    Predictions for pressure groups?!!! Help!
    what has been the impact of social media on pressure groups

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise this thread existed so here are my predictions I posted in the other politics thread if anyone hasn't already seen them ☺️
    in case you cant see the attached photos:
    democracy: are referndums good for democracy? - unsure
    elections: what would be the impact of using pr for general elections
    pressure groups: what has been the impact of social media on pressure groups
    political parties: to what extent has corbyn rejected the principles of new labour
    constitution: do the strengths outweigh the weaknesses of the british constitution
    pm and cabinet: why are some pms more powerful than others
    parliament: to what extent does parliament fulfil its functions - unsure
    judges and civil liberties: are civil liberties effectively protected in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Our whole class are useless at unit 1 except constitutiton. We havent been taught it properly and hardly ever done 40 markers. really hoping its codified advanatges etc for 40 marker. it should be as its come up in section A 3 years in a row

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarpedon)
    Please, yes please. Please yes.
    hope this helps
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Unit 1 - Definitions.docx (27.0 KB, 95 views)

ReputationRep:
    How long do you take to write and how big are your 5 markers ? Some people in my class who write quickly do about half a page which i think is way too much

ReputationRep:
    Even though its all pretty basic i still feel like in the exam something really hard will come up, when in reality that will just happen for unit 2

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.