The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C3 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Is this method correct for the dy/dx question?
Original post by RyanOsman
Is this method correct for the dy/dx question?

It's correct.
If I didn't label the y intercept in the sketch of mod graphs, would I lose any marks?

I basically drew y axis, x axis and the two mod functions didnt label anything
Original post by Bealzibub
If I didn't label the y intercept in the sketch of mod graphs, would I lose any marks?

Yeah but it's only worth 1 mark so dw.
Original post by Bealzibub

If you didn't label anything, you probably get 1/2 for the graph, 2/2 for correct solutions.
Original post by y0uSmartass
For question 3 I didn't sketch the graph, how many marks is that out of 4?
And 8iii how many marks is integration of just the curb work out of 9?

Can anyone answer me please?? :frown:
Original post by y0uSmartass
Can anyone answer me please?? :frown:

According to ^, the graph-drawing was worth 2 marks.

And if you just did the integration of the curve in 8iii), assuming correct limits (5 and 0) you probably got 6/9 or 7/9.
Reply 347
I just realised it doesnt say on my results what I got for my coursework last year. What does it mean?
Original post by Anne6
I just realised it doesnt say on my results what I got for my coursework last year. What does it mean?

It is not on your AS results. You either get it directly from your teacher or you can see it on your A2 results separately, but I'm not sure about the latter one.
For 6)ii order of the transformations doesn't matter as they aren't parallel to the same axis :smile: this was supposed to be in reply to another comment but didn't seem to post that way, apologies :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
For the proof question because n is a positive integer I said that the numbers could only end from 1-10 so when I subbed these numbers and all the answers were divisible by 3... Do you think I'd get any marks for this? As it is true for any other number then...
What do you guys reckon would be 90UMS for this paper including coursework? :biggrin:
How much do you guys reckon 94UMS would be?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did so. badly. I got so many questions wrong, I'll be lucky to get a C 😭 I genuinely don't know what to do, everyone else is saying how reasonable they found it, and I have never struggled so much on a C3 paper...
I'm so worried I'm not going to get into uni because of maths, and I don't know what to do because of it it's getting so stressful, and this paper has only made it worse! Hopefully S2 and the coursework will balance out the badness of this paper, but I'm so worried for C4 too. I think I might have a mental breakdown soon, it's all getting to me 😭 Well done to everyone who found it easy though, I suppose...
Does anyone remember the whole question including the transformation of the graph on Section A? I am trying to explain it to a friend :smile:
I don't want to be "that guy", but... am I the only one who thought that was a pretty nice exam? *runs and hides*

Question 9 was fairly tricky but the rest didn't seem too bad, and almost everything could be checked with a graphics calculator...
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
I don't want to be "that guy", but... am I the only one who thought that was a pretty nice exam? *runs and hides*

Question 9 was fairly tricky but the rest didn't seem too bad, and almost everything could be checked with a graphics calculator...

The last question had some that I couldn't fully complete for some odd reason like that substitution equation, but yeah overall I found the paper pretty easy.
Reply 357
For the question with the answer of 4ln4-4, I took a factor of 4 out at the end to give 4(ln4-1), will I be penalised for this...?
Original post by MDwyerJr
I did so. badly. I got so many questions wrong, I'll be lucky to get a C 😭 I genuinely don't know what to do, everyone else is saying how reasonable they found it, and I have never struggled so much on a C3 paper...
I'm so worried I'm not going to get into uni because of maths, and I don't know what to do because of it it's getting so stressful, and this paper has only made it worse! Hopefully S2 and the coursework will balance out the badness of this paper, but I'm so worried for C4 too. I think I might have a mental breakdown soon, it's all getting to me 😭 Well done to everyone who found it easy though, I suppose...

Omg finally someone i can relate to!! I found section B incredibly hard, left a number of the questions, Think I only got about 8 marks there tops as i didnt finish any bit of any question. I need a B but there is no way i have gotten that :frown: I had a really bad D1 exam too, i feel so stressed
Original post by JGB_69
For the question with the answer of 4ln4-4, I took a factor of 4 out at the end to give 4(ln4-1), will I be penalised for this...?

Why would you be penalised for simplifying an expression that means the same thing further?:tongue::confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending