The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

The answer for the largest angle B could be was 97.7 (3sf).
You took the lower bound of 12 and 16: 11.5 and 15.5 respectively; and then took the upper bound of 20: 20.5
then use the cosine rule
PM me for any answers for any questions.
Original post by gozzabomb
IMG_3290.jpg

this is how i did it

that's what i got too, it's coz if you imagine stretching the base and the two sides you notice that the angle is largest if you make the base longer and the two sides shorter
Original post by LouBMad
I still can't believe there was no probability that's my easy marks section nCr button is my best friend...
I know right! I was so annoyed, usually there's one with like 8 simple marks
Original post by ihatehannah
45?

does your name refer to Hannah from GCSE 2015? :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by tahsin360
that's what i got too, it's coz if you imagine stretching the base and the two sides you notice that the angle is largest if you make the base longer and the two sides shorter

Nah, but in order to maximise B, cosB has to be as small as possible, doesn't it?
Original post by JickDee
The answer for the largest angle B could be was 97.7 (3sf).
You took the lower bound of 12 and 16: 11.5 and 15.5 respectively; and then took the upper bound of 20: 20.5
then use the cosine rule

I got the same, was I the only one pushed for time, cos when I looked around everyone was sitting there...
Original post by Townart
Nah, but in order to maximise B, cosB has to be as small as possible, doesn't it?

honestly I couldn't work it out in terms of cos and the sizes, it worked for me visually so I kinda just went for it (basically what you're saying is complete gibberish to me rn :s-smilie: :biggrin:)
Original post by tahsin360

Oh wait, no I got that too.
I found some of the paper okay, but the difficult questions were DIFFICULT. Awful compared to previous papers, and I left two parts of a questions blank and had at least two answers I knew were definitely wrong because different parts of them contradicted each other.

For the car and train one, I said the are at the lines at 11.7 seconds but in the part where you show the car gets to O first, I worked out that it took only 5 seconds to get to O???
What did people get for the area A1=A2 in Q14?
Original post by Lelanor
I found some of the paper okay, but the difficult questions were DIFFICULT. Awful compared to previous papers, and I left two parts of a questions blank and had at least two answers I knew were definitely wrong because different parts of them contradicted each other.

For the car and train one, I said the are at the lines at 11.7 seconds but in the part where you show the car gets to O first, I worked out that it took only 5 seconds to get to O???

That's what I put for the second one. One of them took 15 seconds and the other took longer so the car got there first.
What were the two areas in the last question equal to?
Original post by Arodalle
What did people get for the area A1=A2 in Q14?
I got that they were both equal to four. What about you?
Original post by MrComplainer
I got the same, was I the only one pushed for time, cos when I looked around everyone was sitting there...

they probably gave up
Original post by deardood
Was it not 97 something degrees as you had to make b and c smaller by 0.5 cm and a larger by 0.5cm. To get largest angle

I did that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BriannaTheBreeze

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by !GG!
Why, just why OCR, out of all the symbols you could have given, why give the one that no one has ever used and takes 10 years to draw - yes, draw, you don't write that kind of bs out.

I hope you are not taking Chemistry at A-Level.
Original post by BriannaTheBreeze

I substituted 3 instead of minus 3 in the first part and got 32, then got 4 for the second part- 4 sounded more sensible, so I changed A1 to 4 as well but didn't have time to change the actual working and wasn't sure if it was right anyway... hoping I'll get a mark for saying 4 for A1 even though the working is all wrong :redface:
Original post by Arodalle
I substituted 3 instead of minus 3 in the first part and got 32, then got 4 for the second part- 4 sounded more sensible, so I changed A1 to 4 as well but didn't have time to change the actual working and wasn't sure if it was right anyway... hoping I'll get a mark for saying 4 for A1 even though the working is all wrong :redface:

Fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending