Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mowerharvey)
    Honestly I'm struggling, but I'm struggling less than last year so hopefully I'll be able to get that B overall .

Was history the only subject where you didn't get the grade you needed? If so it's harsh you didn't get in
    Its hard. A lot of it is still a muddle but seeing as though I wrote about 2 sentences for Part A last year I feel like I can at least write a little bit more!

And yes - just History! I'm not even taking it as a degree!

Hopefully we can get our B's! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any highly marked part B essays they could share?

ReputationRep:
    For the golden years, would Stresemann's Locarno pact and Treaty of Berlin come under political paragraph or would it be better to write a whole paragraph on foreign policy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IH5976)
    For the golden years, would Stresemann's Locarno pact and Treaty of Berlin come under political paragraph or would it be better to write a whole paragraph on foreign policy?
    Better to write a paragraph on his successes in foreign policy

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an essay or plan on consolidation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJC1997)
    The whole of A level History is out of 400 UMS so if you got a C at AS that would be at least 120/200 UMS there, that leaves 120 UMS needed at A2 to get a C overall. An A in the coursework is 64 UMS so that leaves you needing 56 UMS for this exam which equates to a high E (35/70) to get a C overall.

If that's what you're asking, or if you mean how many marks to get a C just in this exam it would be about 43/70 going off of last years boundaries.
    Hi,

I got 156 ums last year and I got an A in my coursework so how many ums do I need this year to get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    can someone give an example for a WW2 morale question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a2ggg)
    Hi,

I got 156 ums last year and I got an A in my coursework so how many ums do I need this year to get an A overall?
    you need 320/400 UMS in total for an A, so 156 + 64 (coursework) would leave you needing 100 UMS for this exam which is a mid/low A around 57/70 or so.

ReputationRep:
    you need 320/400 UMS in total for an A, so 156 + 64 (coursework) would leave you needing 100 UMS for this exam which is a mid/low A around 57/70 or so.
    Okay thanks a bunch,

So would that mean I would only need 60 ums in the exam to get a B overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a2ggg)
    Okay thanks a bunch,

So would that mean I would only need 60 ums in the exam to get a B overall?
    yup exactly

ReputationRep:
    yup exactly
    Wow, looks like ill be going for the A then since anything half marks or over is a B overall either way.

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aubergine7)
    I know it's debatable, but would you agree that it is realistic to suggest that these are the topics most likely to come up for part A (1 being very likely, 2 being less etc)
    1. Wartime opposition
    2. Final solution
    3. WW2 morale
    4. Weimar golden years
    5. Nazi consolidation of power
    6. Threats to Weimar in early years 1919-23
    7. WW2 economy
    8. Kaiser (autocracy/ democracy..)
    9. Impact of WW1
    10. Nazi rise to power
    11. Economic development 1900-1919

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The top 5 are the topics my teacher is predicting and he almost predicted the wording of last year's two question bang on. Urgh I hope he's correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassntai)
    The top 5 are the topics my teacher is predicting and he almost predicted the wording of last year's two question bang on. Urgh I hope he's correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what type of question could be asked for 'Wartime opposition' and 'WW2 Morale' ?

ReputationRep:
    is there anything I'm missing for exam structure here?

Section A:

Introduction (5-7 minutes)

5 main body paragraphs, for example (agree/agree/agree/disagree/disagree) balance depends on the question (is there a need to have a paragraph with a 'middle' argument for section A?)

Conclusion (5 minutes)

Section B:

Introduction

Paragraph 1: argument for the opinion in the question

Paragraph 2: argument against the opinion in the question

Paragraph 3: argument that covers a middle way, combination of for and against the opinion in the question

Conclusion
    The part B is how I would do it but for the Part A I wouldn't stress about having 5 main paragraphs. Depending on the question you can stick to just having 3 detailed paragraphs with lots of evidence in them. E,g Social, Political, Economic

ReputationRep:
    what type of question could be asked for 'Wartime opposition' and 'WW2 Morale' ?
    The only opposition question that has come up before is "To what extent did the Nazi Regime face serious opposition within Germany during the years 1939-1945?"

For morale its typically about the war economy or the final solution.

ReputationRep:
    The whole of A level History is out of 400 UMS so if you got a C at AS that would be at least 120/200 UMS there, that leaves 120 UMS needed at A2 to get a C overall. An A in the coursework is 64 UMS so that leaves you needing 56 UMS for this exam which equates to a high E (35/70) to get a C overall.

If that's what you're asking, or if you mean how many marks to get a C just in this exam it would be about 43/70 going off of last years boundaries.
    Hi, i need an A this year and last year i got 162 UMS. I got 47/50 in my course work do you know what UMS and raw mark i need to get an A overall? Hoping my course work will boost my grade!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IH5976)
    Hi, i need an A this year and last year i got 162 UMS. I got 47/50 in my course work do you know what UMS and raw mark i need to get an A overall? Hoping my course work will boost my grade!!
    86 UMS / 50/70 / low B

the raw mark is going off of last years grade boundaries but should be a close enough estimate.

ReputationRep:
    86 UMS / 50/70 / low B

the raw mark is going off of last years grade boundaries but should be a close enough estimate.
    Thats great, thank you

ReputationRep:
    hi, does anyone know if there is a similar thread to this one for history edexcel a2 on the cold war?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aubergine7)
    I know it's debatable, but would you agree that it is realistic to suggest that these are the topics most likely to come up for part A (1 being very likely, 2 being less etc)
    1. Wartime opposition
    2. Final solution
    3. WW2 morale
    4. Weimar golden years
    5. Nazi consolidation of power
    6. Threats to Weimar in early years 1919-23
    7. WW2 economy
    8. Kaiser (autocracy/ democracy..)
    9. Impact of WW1
    10. Nazi rise to power
    11. Economic development 1900-1919

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are there anymore possible topics which could come up in the A question or would you say this is a pretty comprehensive overview? ^_^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.