• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Oh my god, the pain of installing everything onto a new laptop is soooo ****ing real right now!!!
    This is why I am still using my current laptop, despite needing a new laptop and having a fan on my current laptop that stopped working around 2 - 3 years ago. Well that and I can't be bothered to transfer all my research across.

ReputationRep:
    My husband really gets on my nerves sometimes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh my god, the pain of installing everything onto a new laptop is soooo ****ing real right now!!!
    I have a Sony Laptop which is so elderly it takes about 45 minutes for it to turn on. As a result, I was forced to get another computer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So people committing libel and slander against him, including the mass media, even the bbc, trying to pin anything they can does not make him a victim?

De did what any rational person in his position would have

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Libel? Slander? Pah.

Media getting on your leaders back? What a change. Now you know how Labourites feel.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Libel? Slander? Pah.

Media getting on your leaders back? What a change. Now you know how Labourites feel.
    Pretty sure accusations of significant avoidance and evasion where there wasn't even much to avoid in the first place is pretty defamatory

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    My husband really gets on my nerves sometimes.
    You're a girl?! And old enough to be married
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Generally people with husbands are old enough to be married and female.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    This is why I am still using my current laptop, despite needing a new laptop and having a fan on my current laptop that stopped working around 2 - 3 years ago. Well that and I can't be bothered to transfer all my research across.
    Having just changed computer at home I understand your difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure accusations of significant avoidance and evasion where there wasn't even much to avoid in the first place is pretty defamatory

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm reading the summary he released now, had he have done this originally and answered honestly there'd be no problem. The big part is will he go further where no doubt the majority of his tax avoidance comes from. Also McDonnell rightly points out that his tax fraud unit will not be independent.

Here's the kicker;

"Downing Street is providing no details about the £72,000 the PM received for selling "other shares" beyond his investment in his Blairmore Holdings fund"
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who'd have thunk it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But not all.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm reading the summary he released now, had he have done this originally and answered honestly there'd be no problem. The big part is will he go further where no doubt the majority of his tax avoidance comes from. Also McDonnell rightly points out that his tax fraud unit will not be independent.

Here's the kicker;

"Downing Street is providing no details about the £72,000 the PM received for selling "other shares" beyond his investment in his Blairmore Holdings fund"
    Except there would still be a problem because the media fully understand that few people actually have a clue what is going on and so believe offshore=evasion =sales

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought they were a 14-15 year old boy.

ReputationRep:
    Except there would still be a problem because the media fully understand that few people actually have a clue what is going on and so believe offshore=evasion =sales

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And we should continue to assume as such unless the party provides evidence otherwise, otherwise we'll never know.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by toronto353)
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I have a Sony Laptop which is so elderly it takes about 45 minutes for it to turn on. As a result, I was forced to get another computer.
    Yeh it's always a ****ing pain!! Fortunately, I'm not getting rid of my current laptop, so it's not every single thing I need to install, but then, I can't just copy stuff over as its Mac to Windows - I can just tell I'll be doing something in a few days and find yet more stuff I've forgotten to put on it!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And we should continue to assume as such unless the party provides evidence otherwise, otherwise we'll never know.
    I guess you have e an offshore investments you use to evade tax then, after all, it seems to be the default position these days, having to prove innocence

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I guess you have e an offshore investments you use to evade tax then, after all, it seems to be the default position these days, having to prove innocence

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jammy its not that the public dont understand that what ian cameron did was legal. Its the fact that the majority of the public see that kind of tax avoidance from our PM akin to aggressive tax avoidance or even evasion. When DC, in a very one nation manner, criticised jimmy carr for tax avoidance and has benefitted from offshore investments himself. When DC expects the ordinary folk to fund his governments plans, the fact that he had benefitted from tax avoidance hits them hard. Nobody is saying that its illegal, but it is immoral, which is why he got rid of them before becomming pm and why it took him 5 days to come clean about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *cough*Elton John and David Furnish*cough*

Yeh it's always a ****ing pain!! Fortunately, I'm not getting rid of my current laptop, so it's not every single thing I need to install, but then, I can't just copy stuff over as its Mac to Windows - I can just tell I'll be doing something in a few days and find yet more stuff I've forgotten to put on it!!
    I feel your pain, I replaced my elderly and malfunctioning HP with a Mac and literally 90% of my school notes are still on the HP Very annoying now that I'm revising.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    *cough*Elton John and David Furnish*cough*

I feel your pain, I replaced my elderly and malfunctioning HP with a Mac and literally 90% of my school notes are still on the HP Very annoying now that I'm revising.
    Hahaha, yeh - find it's very much a move when I need it kinda thing!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.