Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims: At what age would you like to get married? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What is this ****ing for?(not a Muslim btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Slut
    At least I ain't hiding behind Anonymous

Slut

Lol at trying to shame him, his body his choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    Lol, who said anything about being celibate? I've had girlfriends, I've had sex and I intend to keep doing so without getting married. At this point in time I don't think I'll find a woman who will be my "best friend" and "support me" - that's just a romanticised fantasy for young people waiting for the right person to turn up, when they probably never will. Girls have so many high expectations of a relationship and then throw *****-fits when things don't go their way - I really can't be dealing with that **** when I have my own life and health to focus on.
    Are you muslim? There's no telling who you're speaking to on this site.

ReputationRep:
    never

unless i find someone i REALLY like but so far nothing
    am almost 18 tho i have like 20 years to decide before i shrivel up into a raisin

ReputationRep:
    Female: 22/23-26

I'd prefer to marry young ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    Are you muslim? There's no telling who you're speaking to on this site.
    Yes I am.

Lol at trying to shame him, his body his choice
    Thanks for respecting freedom of choice. Most Muslims seem to struggle with that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am.

Thanks for respecting freedom of choice. Most Muslims seem to struggle with that.
    Thanks for confirming.

Btw most muslims do respect freedom of choice. Feel free to do good/bad deeds as much as you like without being judged; it's your God-given right. But don't expect messages of congratulations and happiness for your blatant sinning, lol. I dunno, are you wanting a medal or something?

I just wanted to point out that zina is one of the biggest sins ever and if you continue doing it, you may regret it on the Day of Judgement, bro. Remember, it's all about the scale of good deeds vs bad deeds and we need more good deeds than bad ... Zina is a HEAVY bad deed.

(Original post by Biryani007)
    I'd like to get married at 24 but it may happen sooner (maybe even later, idek)...my mother and uncle have already started suggesting people for me to consider saying I don't have much time before all the good ones go :lol:
    How old are you, (if you don't mind me asking). And what they age they think it's "the deadline' before all the good guys go?

ReputationRep:
    How old are you, (if you don't mind me asking). And what they age they think it's "the deadline' before all the good guys go?
    I've just turned 20, they see ideal as being 20/21 lol :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for confirming.

Btw most muslims do respect freedom of choice. Feel free to do good/bad deeds as much as you like without being judged; it's your God-given right. But don't expect messages of congratulations and happiness for your blatant sinning, lol. I dunno, are you wanting a medal or something?

I just wanted to point out that zina is one of the biggest sins ever and if you continue doing it, you may regret it on the Day of Judgement, bro. Remember, it's all about the scale of good deeds vs bad deeds and we need more good deeds than bad ... Zina is a HEAVY bad deed.
    So you're Muslim too. That explains a lot.

I can't help but feel that your post is enormously contradictory. I'm not asking for congratulations. But it's strange that you accept I have freedom to do what I want without being judged, and yet your mention of "regret", "bad deeds" and "blatant sinning" is incredibly judgmental. The same attitude from you and other Muslims on here seems to be that if a Muslim wants to live differently to others, their faith should be questioned? Freedom of choice means accepting that people can still be of the same faith even if they don't all follow it in the same way. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    So you're Muslim too. That explains a lot.

I can't help but feel that your post is enormously contradictory. I'm not asking for congratulations. But it's strange that you accept I have freedom to do what I want without being judged, and yet your mention of "regret", "bad deeds" and "blatant sinning" is incredibly judgmental. The same attitude from you and other Muslims on here seems to be that if a Muslim wants to live differently to others, their faith should be questioned? Freedom of choice means accepting that people can still be of the same faith even if they don't all follow it in the same way. Simple.
    If you confuse "judging someone" with "stating cold hard facts", you will definitely not get along with very many people.

Stating facts:
    "Murderers will be sent to prison"
    Judging someone:
    "Murderers are evil people"

I merely stated the fact that your actions are considered a bad deed and I gave you sincere advice to rethink marrying so you can avoid bad deeds. I pity how ultra-defensive you are about your bad deeds. Do you genuinely want people to give you a Blue Peter badge for showing off your sins on the internet?

Also, I never questioned your committment to faith as it's obvious to see your disregard for religious rules. I merely asked whether or not you are a muslim. It was a genuine question as you can never know if a person is a muslim/christian/jew etc when you're speaking to them on an internet forum. Or am I supposed to just guess your religion?

ReputationRep:
    If you confuse "judging someone" with "stating cold hard facts", you will definitely not get along with very many people.

Stating facts:
    "Murderers will be sent to prison"
    Judging someone:
    "Murderers are evil people"

I merely stated the fact that your actions are considered a bad deed and I gave you sincere advice to rethink marrying so you can avoid bad deeds. I pity how ultra-defensive you are about your bad deeds. Do you genuinely want people to give you a Blue Peter badge for showing off your sins on the internet?

Also, I never questioned your committment to faith as it's obvious to see your disregard for religious rules. I merely asked whether or not you are a muslim. It was a genuine question as you can never know if a person is a muslim/christian/jew etc when you're speaking to them on an internet forum. Or am I supposed to just guess your religion?
    Wow, calm down dude. Like I said before, not asking for congratulations. Just want to be able to express my views and lifestyle on here without people quoting the Qur'an and stating "facts" about bad deeds as if that's somehow going to help me. Lighten up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Female, don't wanna.
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.