Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone clarify that the median is always n+1/2? I've watched the video posted above on linear interpolation and he took the median value as n/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crozzer24)
    Can anyone clarify that the median is always n+1/2? I've watched the video posted above on linear interpolation and he took the median value as n/2
    That's how I do mine: not grouped data, median use (n+1)/2. Linear interpolation for grouped data use n/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellabailey2701)
    For cumulative frequency graphs and histograms do we need to work out upper and lower class boundaries? I've not been taught to do this but its in my revision guide.
    For cf graphs I think we just do the upper bound and histograms we do frequency density on the y-axis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShadowHz)
    Yes, I would say, the chances of coming up is around 60% i think. Check out the reply I did 30 min ago (it's on the same page) It teaches you how to do it.
    Why do you think Linear interpolation will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShadowHz)
    That's how I do mine: not grouped data, median use (n+1)/2. Linear interpolation for grouped data use n/2
    Contonuous data is just n/2 whereas Discrete data is n+1/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellabailey2701)
    For cumulative frequency graphs and histograms do we need to work out upper and lower class boundaries? I've not been taught to do this but its in my revision guide.
    For cf graphs I think we just do the upper bound and histograms we do frequency density on the y-axis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunter0raf42)
    What's discrete and what's continuous data?

ReputationRep:
    Discrete data has gaps between them, e.g. shoe sizes e.g. size 10,11. Can't be size 10.34.
    Whereas continuous scale has no gaps and its things like distance and measurements which can be 1.69Km or 6.9 inches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunter0raf42)
    This is true but MEI doesn't do this. My teacher rung them up like this is what you're supposed to do, but they were just like no. They said its (n+1)/2 unless you're using a graph.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so tired, for some reason I woke up at 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    I'm so tired, for some reason I woke up at 3.
    I slept at 6pm and woke up at midnight to do some revision. Are you revising for S1 now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    I slept at 6pm and woke up at midnight to do some revision. Are you revising for S1 now?
    No lol

ReputationRep:
    No lol
    Oh, that's cool. You know, tonight is the night I finally figured out how to do binomial distribution! It's been a good revision session.

Did you find out anything when you were revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    Oh, that's cool. You know, tonight is the night I finally figured out how to do binomial distribution! It's been a good revision session.

Did you find out anything when you were revising?
    No?

ReputationRep:
    No?
    Well, that's cool. Just making conversation. Good luck in your exam!

ReputationRep:
    This is true but MEI doesn't do this. My teacher rung them up like this is what you're supposed to do, but they were just like no. They said its (n+1)/2 unless you're using a graph.
    Is a histogram a graph?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikecheese666)
    Is a histogram a graph?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    What decimal places / significant figures are everyone using and for what information, this is always where I lose my marks and it sucks.. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    From another thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...45&postcount=4

ReputationRep:
    Some rough questions that paper

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.