Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tell someone how much you love them. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I love me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by fatima1998)
    why?
    Well, you seem to be wholly unfamiliar with the standard sense of humour in the Anglosphere, that's all. :dontknow: Having lived much of my childhood in Middle East, I think much of my early sense of humour came from my voracious appetite for English-medium cartoons, and I know for a fact that this was also the case for some of the other expats/immigrants that I knew, so I was just wondering whether you had or hadn't. :holmes:

not in my sixth form one - i had to change them to z* to check other spelling error
    You can right-click on the word and select 'add to dictionary' from the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Well, you seem to be wholly unfamiliar with the standard sense of humour in the Anglosphere, that's all. :dontknow: Having lived much of my childhood in Middle East, I think much of my early sense of humour came from my voracious appetite for English-medium cartoons, and I know for a fact that this was also the case for some of the other expats/immigrants that I knew, so I was just wondering whether you had or hadn't. :holmes:

i am not unfamiliar - i just dont get your jokes
    your choice of cartoons and my choice of cartoons are different as you're gentlemen and i am a decent girl...

You can right-click on the word and select 'add to dictionary' from the list.
    yep i know but when i open the same document again, it highlights the same errors so i would rather change it and my teachers have to issues either

i am not unfamiliar - i just dont get your jokes
    I've seen you not get other people's jokes, though. :holmes:

your choice of cartoons and my choice of cartoons are different as you're gentlemen and i am a decent girl...
    What? :confused:

yep i know but when i open the same document again, it highlights the same errors so i would rather change it and my teachers have to issues either
    It hardly matters. You know you're right when you spell it with an S. My name also gets highlighted as an error -- it's no big deal.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen you not get other people's jokes, though. :holmes:
    But i do :holmes:

What? :confused:
    ohh mannn... its a gender difference so your choice of cartoons must be different from mine

It hardly matters. You know you're right when you spell it with an S. My name also gets highlighted as an error -- it's no big deal.
    it is a big deal when i am writing 50 pages long of coursework

(Original post by ZuluK)
    x
    Him following Ethereal would make sense, given how disgustingly high they both are in each other's most quoted. :noway:

Him claiming he followed them back out of politeness would suggest it was early on in his TSR days, though, before Ethereal started becoming active. :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I send you love, though. :cry2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Okay, I think a deal needs to be made here. You have Zarga and his borderline creepy romantic gestures, I will - with an alright heart - concede defeat in this rivalry for your affections and settle for Mr Tyrone. :holmes: As far as concession prizes go, I don't think I'd be doing too bad. :innocent:

Spoiler:
    Show
    No, you're not having him, too. :noway:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Will PM soon, okay?

This is not how you get me to reverse my decision about the rep.
    I've promised you my firstborn, what more do you want? :hand:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Please don't put a rep ban on me for a month. I'm so excited to be in your wonderful presence at Indetermy's and BL's wedding. So much so, I'll even let you jump the queue at the buffet line. :innocent:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Good enough? :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't believe you'd go against the rule that a good post deserves a rep based on your wounded ego. :hand: Savage.

Complain too much, and I'll make it two months. :mwuaha:
    But complaining is what I do best. :sad: Stop stifling my talents.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I guess that's somewhat true. :dontknow: It only shows the most recent post made by that user, though, so it's not exactly a 'feed' so much as a 'the latest post by this person that you're following.'
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That could be me and my posts there. You're missing out. :hand:

(Original post by BrokenLife)
    You know what? Me and Indeterminate will make a list of our tsr friends to invite if we do get married. Y'all chill cos you all will probably come if we do get married
    I'm being one hundred percent serious when I say I would come to your wedding. :yep:

It'd be so fun, to be honest, if there were a bunch of TSRians there. An actual TSR wedding. :lol:

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    x
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: I missed you all, too. This thread has made me realise how glad I am to be back. :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ah, congrats. :jumphug: Cambidge here you come. :mmm:

Remember, nothing impresses the Cambridge lot like creative slang such as "fam." Get that practice in if you want to impress. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    stefano865 Am I your second TSR wife? :lol:

and did we get divorced or not? because I don't remember :rofl:

Fourth wife.

Nah still married.

But i do :holmes:
    So you're not even aware when you don't get other people's jokes. Brilliant. :facepalm:

ohh mannn... its a gender difference so your choice of cartoons must be different from mine
    Er, no. I know you've been raised in a patriarchal society, but there's no inherent reason why girls and boys have different tastes in cartoons. My sister watched exactly the same ones I did.

it is a big deal when i am writing 50 pages long of coursework
    If you're writing 50 pages of coursework, that's all the more reason to ignore the little red lines while you're writing and simply press F7 at the end to do a spell-check of the document; you get 'ignore' and 'ignore all' (for identical things) options which speed up the process considerably.

ReputationRep:
    Because you admire me, I'll tell you I love you :hugs:

urbanlocations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Him following Ethereal would make sense, given how disgustingly high they both are in each other's most quoted. :noway:

Him claiming he followed them back out of politeness would suggest it was early on in his TSR days, though, before Ethereal started becoming active. :holmes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I send you love, though. :cry2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Okay, I think a deal needs to be made here. You have Zarga and his borderline creepy romantic gestures, I will - with an alright heart - concede defeat in this rivalry for your affections and settle for Mr Tyrone. :holmes: As far as concession prizes go, I don't think I'd be doing too bad. :innocent:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No, you're not having him, too. :noway:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Will PM soon, okay?

I've promised you my firstborn, what more do you want? :hand:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Please don't put a rep ban on me for a month. I'm so excited to be in your wonderful presence at Indetermy's and BL's wedding. So much so, I'll even let you jump the queue at the buffet line. :innocent:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Good enough? :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't believe you'd go against the rule that a good post deserves a rep based on your wounded ego. :hand: Savage.

But complaining is what I do best. :sad: Stop stifling my talents.

Spoiler:
    Show
    That could be me and my posts there. You're missing out. :hand:

I'm being one hundred percent serious when I say I would come to your wedding. :yep:

It'd be so fun, to be honest, if there were a bunch of TSRians there. An actual TSR wedding. :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: I missed you all, too. This thread has made me realise how glad I am to be back. :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ah, congrats. :jumphug: Cambidge here you come. :mmm:

Remember, nothing impresses the Cambridge lot like creative slang such as "fam." Get that practice in if you want to impress. :lol:
    And I'm being 100% serious when I say that we will invite you to our wedding if things go that far

And ikr! If #IndeterLife works out well, rest assure that #IndeterLife will be the actual wedding of tsr and tsrians will be invited.

ReputationRep:
    So you're not even aware when you don't get other people's jokes. Brilliant. :facepalm:

thats a joke

Er, no. I know you've been raised in a patriarchal society, but there's no inherent reason why girls and boys have different tastes in cartoons. My sister watched exactly the same ones I did.
    noooooooooooooooo... its nothing to do with "patriarchal society" I SWEAR ... i find those cartoons boring...
    have you ever watch Dora the explorer - love those...
    have you ever played with dolls

If you're writing 50 pages of coursework, that's all the more reason to ignore the little red lines while you're writing and simply press F7 at the end to do a spell-check of the document; you get 'ignore' and 'ignore all' (for identical things) options which speed up the process considerably.
    i can't ignore them because i have to submit my draft so my teacher can give me feedback and then re-draft it again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Fourth wife.

Nah still married.
    Hahaha, who were the 3 before me? :lol:

Do we plan on staying married or are we getting divorced?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    thunder_chunky I love you!

noooooooooooooooo... its nothing to do with "patriarchal society" I SWEAR ... i find those cartoons boring...
    have you ever watch Dora the explorer - love those...
    have you ever played with dolls
    I've done both of those things in my childhood. :erm: The male/female dichotomy isn't as strong as you seem to think it is.

i can't ignore them because i have to submit my draft so my teacher can give me feedback and then re-draft it again....
    :sigh:

'Ignore' and 'ignore all' are spell-check functions; I'm not asking you to ignore the typos altogether. Just trying to teach you an easier way of working. You type as best as you can and, at the end, press F7. A window will open, running through all the bits that got underlined as mistakes, and you can either change them or ignore them (if the spell-checker has got it wrong). 'Ignore all' is an instruction to ignore all 'mistakes' identical to the one under consideration.

ReputationRep:
    I've done both of those things in my childhood. :erm: The male/female dichotomy isn't as strong as you seem to think it is.
    i didn't think anything :cry:

:sigh:

'Ignore' and 'ignore all' are spell-check functions; I'm not asking you to ignore the typos altogether. Just trying to teach you an easier way of working. You type as best as you can and, at the end, press F7. A window will open, running through all the bits that got underlined as mistakes, and you can either change them or ignore them (if the spell-checker has got it wrong). 'Ignore all' is an instruction to ignore all 'mistakes' identical to the one under consideration.
    so whats the difference!!!
    still gotta change things
    i am done :lol:

i didn't think anything :cry:
    What a surprise. :moon:

so whats the difference!!!
    still gotta change things
    i am done :lol:
    The difference is that my way is more efficient. If you've ever done lines as punishment in school (inb4 this is also an alien concept to you xD), it's the difference between writing like you're supposed to, one line at a time across the page, or writing one word going down, then writing another word going down, then another, and so on.

ReputationRep:
    What a surprise. :moon:

The difference is that my way is more efficient. If you've ever done lines as punishment in school (inb4 this is also an alien concept to you xD), it's the difference between writing like you're supposed to, one line at a time across the page, or writing one word going down, then writing another word going down, then another, and so on.
    :bebored:
    :bored:

:bebored:
    :bored:
    I've changed my mind: I do dislike you.

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I don't really love anyone on here that hasn't already been mentioned, awkward
    I haven't been mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    I've changed my mind: I do dislike you.
    ohhh mannnn...
    when did you like me? :dontknow:
    i already knew that feature you are explaining to me.... have done GCSEs ICT and doing A-level ICT

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.