Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)

And I'm currentely working for the entrance exam for Charles Uni in Prague ^^ (for a med course of course )
    It's cheaper than KCL. :yy:

(Original post by Josb)
    It's cheaper than KCL. :yy:
    Yep , and I got rejected from KCL :P
    They liked me at 1st but I could not lie about my failure , then they threw me away :3

ReputationRep:
    Yep , and I got rejected from KCL :P
    They liked me at 1st but I could not lie about my failure , then they threw me away :3
    You were a "reçu-collé" or didn't get the mean marks?

(Original post by Josb)
    You were a "reçu-collé" or didn't get the mean marks?
    Reçue-collée. But KCL said they could not accept someone who failed before - which I understand of course - but I still applied because I know a friend who failed like me in France , and were eligible for KCL. It was 7 years ago tho , I suppose it's different today

Reçue-collée. But KCL said they could not accept someone who failed before - which I understand of course - but I still applied because I know a friend who failed like me in France , and were eligible for KCL. It was 7 years ago tho , I suppose it's different today
    The standards keep going up over time. Not because there's any real need, but because the competition for medical school places is also going up, so they need some way to reduce the number of applications that they have to sift through. Certain medical schools (*cough* UCL *cough*) don't even accept re-applications from people who've met all the necessary criteria (grades, not failed a previous university course, etc.) but failed to get an offer after being interviewed the first time...

ReputationRep:
    Harsh. Prague is a nice city, and the university is very nice and old.

(Original post by Hydeman)
    The standards keep going up over time. Not because there's any real need, but because the competition for medical school places is also going up, so they need some way to reduce the number of applications that they have to sift through.
    Yep you told me about it !

Certain medical schools (*cough* UCL *cough*) don't even accept re-applications from people who've met all the necessary criteria (grades, not failed a previous university course, etc.) but failed to get an offer after being interviewed the first time...
    Really ?? Well the selection is real :eek: (medicine medicine .. :innocent: )
    (Original post by Josb)
    Harsh. Prague is a nice city, and the university is very nice and old.

Indeed :/

Ouiiii :3 nice pic :ahee:

Btw are you living in UK ? Studying ? Working ? Why did you leave France ?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pourquoi j'ai l'impression que la vraie question c'est pourquoi on quitte pas tous la France :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Btw are you leaving in UK ? Studying ? Working ? Why did you leave France ?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pourquoi j'ai l'impression que la vraie question c'est pourquoi on quitte pas tous la France :innocent:
    It's impossible to find a job, so I left and now work in the UK, albeit I now have to look for another job since my contract has sadly come to an end.

Btw are you leaving in UK ? Studying ? Working ? Why did you leave France ?
    Living*.

(Original post by Josb)
    It's impossible to find a job, so I left and now work in the UK, albeit I now have to look for another job since my contract has sadly come to an end.
    I see ! I wish you best luck for that :yep:

Living*.
    Sorry ! And thank you <3

(Original post by Josb)
    Sanglant britannique, venir ici et de prendre nos emplois français. :grumble:

I see ! I wish you best luck for that :yep:
    The edit reason. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Google translate approves this message.

(Original post by Josb)
    Google translate approves this message.
    Do I get an A for effort? :awesome:

Edit: You sneakily edited the French-ified 'approuve.' :pierre:

Hahaha !
    Don't blame my fellow french you know the french education system is crap and that Hollande-the-duck sucks :cry2:

The edit reason. :rofl:
    Hehehe :3

ReputationRep:
    Do I get an A for effort? :awesome:

Edit: You sneakily edited the French-ified 'approuve.' :pierre:
    No.

Yeah, Chrome mixes language dictionaries, it's annoying.

French-ified
    Hahahaha

Hahaha !
    Don't blame my fellow french you know the french education system is crap and that Hollande-the-duck sucks :cry2:
    Your university system is crap. Your school system is probably better, whatever Hollande-the-duck's other faults, of which there are many. xD

(Original post by Josb)
    No.
    So mean.

Your university system is crap. Your school system is probably better, whatever Hollande-the-duck's other faults, of which there are many. xD
    better than uni system ? FOR SURE
    Better than UK ? Mmmh Idk , I still think we have a crap system

So mean.
    I'd give you an A :console:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha !
    Our great President François II had however said that he would tackle unemployment. Unfortunately, his exhausting inactivity has not been rewarded. Apparently, nobody said to him that words are not enough to create jobs.

Nonetheless, I have no doubt that the Honourable members of the Opposition, who have spent four years debating and elaborating a strong set of reforms, will succeed in making France great again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.