Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What happened to women's rights in the muslim world? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    Lol. Actually it's the opposite. Showing every inch of your skin in order to appeal to men implies women's bodies are nothing but "sexual chunks of meat" that have to be exposed every opportunity they get. TV adverts aimed at men featuring half-naked women, magazines made especially for men featuring naked to half-naked women, etc. How can you say covering up sexualises women? That's hilarious. It's the opposite that achieves that and it's disgusting, and you can see to what a large extent it's been taken when people like you being to find it normal.
    Don't you think that completely hiding temptation (women) from men basically implies that Muslim men are incapable of controlling themselves, and thus are not very good Muslim?

Don't you think that burqas make men weaker as they are clueless about temptation, and therefore powerless when confronted to it?

A true Muslim should not need these attires to behave properly.

ReputationRep:
    To my knowledge in Islam it is recommended for men and women to cover in certain ways for the interest of society. You may say how society and the individual benefits from these recommendations and there are probably answers that you may receive that you wont agree with. For most Muslims it is done to please Allah and to follow the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH and that is enough so trying to argue otherwise with points focusing on "moral values" is irrelevant. Forcing people to adopt covering is another issue which to my knowledge is not allowed in Islam and people will be held accountable for on the Day of Judgement. Allah knows best.

(Original post by ph0t0n)
    Forcing people to adopt covering is another issue which to my knowledge is not allowed in Islam and people will be held accountable for on the Day of Judgement. Allah knows best.
    So is the implication that all of the Muslim-majority countries of today are following Islam incorrectly? And if so, do you think that a woman living in Medina while Muhammad (who presumably knew better than anyone what is or isn't allowed in Islam) was in charge could, if she felt like it, dress in a way that some Muslims on this thread have described as 'half-naked?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Also irrelevant, as I am not a presidential candidate and running a country is fundamentally different to running a company/companies.
    So you think that someone can successfully run a multi-billion dollar company without being smart, being good at arranging deals and knowing how to build relationships?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    But there are Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia that force women to dress this way as it's part of the country's law. Even me who is a Christian, I couldn't walk about in Saudi without wearing an abaya. Women, foreign and local, must wear an abaya in public places or they could face serious punishments such as receiving multiple lashes on the back.
    Unless you're Michelle Obama (even she received backlash) there's no way in hell you have that decision in those countries i.e Saudi. I'm not saying all islamic countries are like this...Nigeria has become an Islamic state with it's current president but these laws are not enforced on it's citizens. There's no gender segregation where men and women are not allowed to sit together or even speak. If I didn't know people in Saudi, I would never go. I mean why would I? Being a woman in Saudi is difficult.
    You have no idea what you're talking about

ReputationRep:
    Een sådan härlig förvandling! Om bara Sverige var så!

Translating: Such a lovely transformation! If only Sweden was so !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    You could ask the same thing for Muslims in the UK tbh

When my grandfather immigrated here, immigrant Muslim women wouldn't wear niqabs or abayas or anything. Many didn't even feel the need to wear a headscarf (my mum didn't in my childhood, now she does :confused:)
    What changed? why now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    What changed? why now?
    because many other muslims are coming and might rape and murder you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    So you think that someone can successfully run a multi-billion dollar company without being smart, being good at arranging deals and knowing how to build relationships?
    Trump himself is no fool, though he seems well aware that the type of people he attracts are not the brightest bunch, which is probably why he keeps coming out with statements which makes him sound like one.

Having a successful business career is not akin to having a successful political one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Trump himself is no fool, though he seems well aware that the type of people he attracts are not the brightest bunch, which is probably why he keeps coming out with statements which makes him sound like one.

Having a successful business career is not akin to having a successful political one.
    Well if you knew anything about politics, specifically US politics you would know that primaries are generally won by hard liners, that pull the candidates towards the roots of the core support and then once they seal the nomination they move back to the centre.

When everything is sealed both Trump and Clinton will move back to more central ground, Trump will dampen down deportation talk and Clinton will be more pro-wall street.

Also, most of what you hear from him is twisted by the media, and the vast majority of his positions have popular support in the US, from both the left and right.

ReputationRep:
    what rights we talking about here?

ReputationRep:
    They gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wanna put pictures of the hundred of thousand of innocent people killed and raped by secularist during the 80s ?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.