Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssmith04)
    i thought the circle question was solid
    What did you get as your radius for the circle? Idk if I screwed that up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajtsracc)
    It should be 0.5 and positive 41/4 for the translation, shouldn't it?
    yh thats right as the Y co-ordinate wasen't in brackets

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what the integration equation after integrating was? 3x4/4 was one of them, right?
    Some number* X also, + X^3/3

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone else stuck on question 5 about finding the coordinates of B? I was there for ages trying to figure it out. I realised AB would go through C but I don't know if that'll get me a mark or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob120398)
    What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be for this paper?
    I reckon:
    A=62, B=56, C=50, D=44, E=38

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what the integration equation after integrating was? 3x4/4 was one of them, right?
    See attached

Name:  Screenshot from 2016-05-18 17-05-06.png
Views: 129
Size:  13.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob120398)
    What did you get as your radius for the circle? Idk if I screwed that up
    It was 65. Look at my past posts for why - I've attached images.

ReputationRep:
    Just to reassure anyone who has felt that the paper was difficult or that you've done poorly, you can always resit! I did and I'm fairly sure I've aced this paper. Once you've done C3 and C4 papers, C1 is a piece of cake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExamsCauseStress)
    Just to reassure anyone who has felt that the paper was difficult or that you've done poorly, you can always resit! I did and I'm fairly sure I've aced this paper. Once you've done C3 and C4 papers, C1 is a piece of cake!
    Do you simply resit it in the A2 year along with C3 and C4 and the best grade counts or is it the resit that will count whether you did better or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frazzles10)
    That was easy it was 9
    I remember getting 81 so clearly I forgot to square root my answer, will I only drop one mark for that?

ReputationRep:
    me too

(Original post by Hitomi17)
    That's what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voltz)
    Do you simply resit it in the A2 year along with C3 and C4 and the best grade counts or is it the resit that will count whether you did better or not?
    You resit it in your A2 year and it is the best mark that counts, so no reason to not resit tbh!

ReputationRep:
    For the coordinate of Q, I left it I simplified as -40/32, (which is the same as -5/4) but was wondering if I would love a mark? Was it just worth 1?

ReputationRep:
    *get a mark not love a mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella-1997)
    Exam was easy overall, but i just couldn't work out question 5)b where you had to find the coordinates of b?? how did everyone do this?
    You say that because AB was the diameter it had to go through C. So you say the midpoints of AB are the co ordinates of C and work backwards from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittyKat97x)
    (3root5)^2 is 45 right? My mind went so blank 😂
    Lol same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanwu)
    I got root 34 for the radius as well.. I'm so confused.. The centre of the circle was given as (5,-3) so (x-5)^2 + (y+3)^2 = 25+9 .....
    same I got root 34 because the only information that was given was the centre so how could you get root 65?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzs34)
    Could anyone explain how they got 11.25??

I got 27 - 4.25=22.75 ? Was my first bit wrong ?
    Area under curve was 81/4
    Area under line was 9

81/4 -9
    = 81/4 -36/4
    = 45/4

ReputationRep:
    Someone remind me what question 6 was.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.