Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ytbs)
    What did anyone do for the context 2 diagram? Thanks
    what i did was a shift in demand to the left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzzHands)
    So.... when you pick which context to answer, did you have to tick or fill in a box to say which you picked? Because I didn't see one, then forgot to check at the end. And if there was and I missed it, would they find my answers, given that I chose the second context?!
    Aaaaaarrrgghghh
    Oh god I did this too. I'm pretty sure they would mark it, would be stupid not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sap434)
    anyone knows the answer to the MCQ about the LRAC question?
    me and my friends all put C but i don't know for sure that it was right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ytbs)
    What did anyone do for the context 2 diagram? Thanks
    I just did a normal supply and demand, shifting demand to the left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxrrict)
    pretty sure that was correct as per my teacher!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam10711)
    Oh god I did this too. I'm pretty sure they would mark it, would be stupid not to.
    When I open that paper next Monday, the first thing I look for.... Not getting through mcq's or reading contexts, but IS THERE A BOX. How that will help in macro I don't know but I know that'll be the first thing I do.
    I live in hope a) there wasn't one or b) they mark it anyway
    *Crosses everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxrrict)
    I also put C. Was quite hard that question

ReputationRep:
    When I open that paper next Monday, the first thing I look for.... Not getting through mcq's or reading contexts, but IS THERE A BOX. How that will help in macro I don't know but I know that'll be the first thing I do.
    I live in hope a) there wasn't one or b) they mark it anyway
    *Crosses everything.
    haha but the hardest thing for me is going to be remembering my candidate number

ReputationRep:
    Context 2 : 25 markerIntro - define 2 key termsaddress the situation by mentioning cigarettes as demerit good and it creating negative externalities in consumption.lastly types of govt intervention possible to prevent over consumption in a free market.1st point : Regulation - How is it possible to use this type to reduce consumption. To what extent will it work (long run and short run), any govt failure and why. (negative externalities diagram)2nd point : Any other possible intervention i.e. price min - how to reduce consumption via this method and is it better than regulation or not and justifying your opinion. (diagram of excess supply) 3rd point : Alternative intervention i.e. Taxation - how this reduces consumption. Is it better than regulation and why? (diagram of supply shifting left) Conclusion : which is the best possible method in your opinion with each point evaluated briefly with both its pros and cons.REFERRING TO THE EXTRACTS WAS A MUST!!!

ReputationRep:
    HI, How did it go for you?

ReputationRep:
    haha but the hardest thing for me is going to be remembering my candidate number
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    THE 2014 SPECIMEN HAD A CIRCLE TO FILL IN, TO INDICATE WHICH CONTEXT.

Does anyone know what happens if you forget? Please? Desperate.

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I made the same mistake. but so many people would make our mistake that it wouldnt really matter. It would still get marked. if you are worried about this, ring aqa tomorrow and ask them...

ReputationRep:
    what you had to fill in a box to indicate what context you chose whatttt!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaasi)
    I made the same mistake. but so many people would make our mistake that it wouldnt really matter. It would still get marked. if you are worried about this, ring aqa tomorrow and ask them...
    what you had to fill in a box to indicate what context you chose whatttt!!

ReputationRep:
    For the 8 marker in context 2, I think I only put the highest visitor attendance for blalala was 12398000 instead of giving an unit like 12398000 people, would any marks be deducted??? Does it matter if I didn't put "people"?

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

hey, im sure ull be fine because atleast 5 people in my exam hall forgot to fill in the context circle so i dont think they wouldnt check the 2nd context if you havent done the 1st one like that would be common sense to check if the 1st context is blank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyl123)
    For the 8 marker in context 2, I think I only put the highest visitor attendance for blalala was 12398000 instead of giving an unit like 12398000 people, would any marks be deducted??? Does it matter if I didn't put "people"?
    was that AQA

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

It is fine. Do not worry. You, me and many other people have probably done this (I'm not even sure there is a box). Even though the specimen paper had a box the old spec didn't.
    However to clear things up go to this thread.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1650700

One of the guys called AQA and they said its fine as long as you didn't answer both contexts and its clear which answer you had chosen.

Relax.

ReputationRep:
    was that AQA
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    For context 2 about the indirect tax in the 10 marker, did you have to draw a shift in supply or could you just show demand changing due to increase in price?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.