Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    That's what I'm doing! I'm resitting C2 because last year I only got 69 UMS D: It seems a lot simpler now I've done C3/4 because there are certain things that can be applied to C2, but I'm just worried it will be a horrid paper because everyone was saying C1 was awful this year.
    If you've done C3/4 you shouldn't be worried about C2 at all. Every year people complain about how their paper was the most difficult ever. C2 is a standard paper and you should be able to smash it if you've done c3/4

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone sitting C2 today. May it be a decent paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope this paper does not end up requiring a "Hitler reacts" video. that'd be unfortunate, for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    If you've done C3/4 you shouldn't be worried about C2 at all. Every year people complain about how their paper was the most difficult ever. C2 is a standard paper and you should be able to smash it if you've done c3/4
    Totally agree with you.

There will always be people who will complain regardless. Edexcel obviously every year is going to bring in some 2-3 new sort of questions which will discriminate amongst the students and only the 'top tier' can manage to successfully do em.

If you're well prepared, you'll smash it. Anyhow best of luck for the exam to whoever is appearing for C2 / C12 today!

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about sigma notation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    Do we need to know about sigma notation?
    yes we do,
    however, it is calculated using
    Sn = a(r^n - 1) / r - 1

or

Sn = a(1 - r^n) / 1 - r

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habibtii)
    yes we do,
    however, it is calculated using
    Sn = a(r^n - 1) / r - 1

or

Sn = a(1 - r^n) / 1 - r
    Isn't that the sum of n terms formula? How do you deduce the common ratio and first term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habibtii)
    I hope this paper does not end up requiring a "Hitler reacts" video. that'd be unfortunate, for us.
    Honestly I think every single paper gets a Hitler reacts video! I find them rather funny, it softens the blow knowing other people hated the paper as well.

ReputationRep:
    Even if this paper is good, I still would not mind a good ol' fashion hitler reacts to video. May the force be with everyone

ReputationRep:
    Which equations aren't on the sheet other than area/length of sector and area of trapezium?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not_lucas1)
    Which equations aren't on the sheet other than area/length of sector and area of trapezium?

Curved surface area of a cylinder, its just the circumference though times length

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    Isn't that the sum of n terms formula? How do you deduce the common ratio and first term?
    nth term: http://uploadpie.com/m5ZoG

common ratio: http://uploadpie.com/It4lx

sum to infinity: http://uploadpie.com/mElmg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick-F007)
    Curved surface area of a cylinder, its just the circumference though times length
    Pi*Diameter*height?

ReputationRep:
    Damn you guys, stop using the exam solutions website. It looks like it's been Ddosed

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4117033

ReputationRep:
    Thought this was a very standard paper so I'd expect standard grade boundaries. Fingers crossed I get an a 😊

ReputationRep:
    Really easy test... just the last question was tricky.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get 120 for P?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for question 10?

ReputationRep:
    Any answers so far? was K=-10 and therefore B was 720 in the binomial expansion Q.?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.