Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought for the first question you would write the number of protons and neutrons in the atom of boron as well???- that's what I did anywhoo

ReputationRep:
    I think i got somewhere between 50 and 55 (hopefully)! Opinions on what grade please? I feel like Boundaries will be high this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srmed)
    Was the two conditions for cracking: high temperature and hot catalyst

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it was high temperature and high pressure

ReputationRep:
    Before the tick box question there was another question saying what is the process xalled and the answer was Thermal decomposition

Also the answers you put under Q2 was actually Q3 and the 6 marker was Q 2c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krystal16)
    I think i got somewhere between 50 and 55 (hopefully)! Opinions on what grade please? I feel like Boundaries will be high this year!
    53/60 - a*
    45 - a
    37 - b
    29 - c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samreen.iqbal)
    Anyone think it was hard?
    i know everyone was saying it was easy, i found it hard tbh, but i really want a B i know the grade boundaries were high, im really upset i was looking forward to the chemistry exam, usually chemistry is my strongest subject. hopefully i do well in the up coming science exams,, tbh the biology wasnt hard just weirdly worded. I hope you do well in your upcoming exams i wish you the best and anyone else who found it hard/quite hard/ extremely difficult if you know u gave it your all im happy for you.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    53/60 - a*
    45 - a
    37 - b
    29 - c

53 is too high... i say around 49-50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurantaylor)
    Did anyone know the black substance???
    Soot (carbon) due to incomplete combustion/unburnt fuel (it says this in the spec)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenw123)
    No, it was high temperature and high pressure
    No, it was a catalyst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurantaylor)
    Did anyone know the black substance???
    carbon particles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhruvap)
    53 is too high... i say around 49-50.
    That's far too high, I can't remember an A* ever being over 50.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is there has never been a grade boundary where an A* is more than 50.
    55/60 is over 90%. A*'s are usually at 80%-85% max. As 2013 and 2014 were 47/60 for an A*, it is likely that this year could also be 50. Maybe it will be 53/60, but I doubt it will go higher than that.

ReputationRep:
    The first question it was asking what was wrong with neon's structure. The first part only was about boron. The question about sub atomic particles were only the ones in part Z (nucleus), so proton and neutron.

ReputationRep:
    I put high temperature and mixed with steam for cracking because obviously that's the other method; do you think that will also be credited or that they were specifically looking for hot catalyst? I almost put hot catalyst but changed my mind at the last second :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithAmelia)
    I think so because I remember the question saying give 3 reasons why the car is reused and not recycled or sent to landfill sites.
    It was why it its recycled and not reused or sent to landfills

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iygdPjtFu28

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    53/60 - a*
    45 - a
    37 - b
    29 - c
    53 would be quite a bit too high..

ReputationRep:
    counted 17 not bad

ReputationRep:
    i said that crude oil is a faster process so you can meet the demand that people need for ethanol, do you think this will get me 2 marks or just one?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it this:
    2Fe2O3+ 3C = 2Fe2+ 3CO2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.