Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajtsracc)
    Did anyone get 5 for the number of resistors needed to be in parallel to get the power (something like that)?
    I did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    for the number of components did anyone get 4?
    I got 4 I think

ReputationRep:
    If I messed up reading the scale on the first question and got 1.7mm and then 4kg and then obviously it affected my value for Youngs Modulus how many marks do you think I will lose?

ReputationRep:
    For the seismograph, i said that the moment of the weight of the ball increases. Therefore in order for moments on both sides to be eqaul the force on the spring must increase. This means the its extension must increase, causing it to compress and line to go up

ReputationRep:
    I needed lube for that paper....

ReputationRep:
    What you guys get for YOUNG MODULUS 4 marker

did no one get 1.7mm and 3.6kg? ;_; damn... hope error carried forward is nice to us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack.dim)
    A headache

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datguy1999)
    It should be 4, rounding up to 5 means that the power exceeds 100w when it's not meant to
    nah , its aid how many resistors does it require to reach the max output of 100W , if you had 4 it would be below. And you need it to be above 100W so the next number is 5

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for why that second graph was better at calculating what max pd was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack.dim)
    like 1._ x10^11 ? cant remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajtsracc)
    Did anyone get 5 for the number of resistors needed to be in parallel to get the power (something like that)?
    Yeah

(Original post by e1l2l3i4e5)
    If I messed up reading the scale on the first question and got 1.7mm and then 4kg and then obviously it affected my value for Youngs Modulus how many marks do you think I will lose?
    since there are many disagreements for these questions i think if your working out was spot on you can still get those 4 marks from the young modulus question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datguy1999)
    It should be 4, rounding up to 5 means that the power exceeds 100w when it's not meant to
    I calculated it and for 4 it was over 100

ReputationRep:
    Im waiting for someone to say that paper was easy af. Its tsr after all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    did no one get 1.7mm and 3.6kg? ;_; damn... hope error carried forward is nice to us
    I got that too! What should the answer have been?

ReputationRep:
    that paper was easy af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alhrona)
    nah , its aid how many resistors does it require to reach the max output of 100W , if you had 4 it would be below. And you need it to be above 100W so the next number is 5
    It said before max out put is achived so its 4

ReputationRep:
    jokes probs got a U

(Original post by GG1233)
    I got that too! What should the answer have been?
    A lot of people around me said 2.7mm. I spent the whole night learning how to read a caliper so if I really did get it wrong I'll be really angry lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.