?
Report 2 years ago
according to this i got about 58/59 - not too bad
Redcoats
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For question 10 (about why manufacturing costs should be lower and efficiency should not be increased) is because lower manufacturing costs means the panels can be sold at cheaper prices. Thus, more people would be likely to buy them which would be better for the environment (less combustion so less pollution). However, increasing efficiency would increase manufacturing cost (back this up with data from the table) so the panels would be more expensive and so fewer people would buy them. Thus it is more important to lower manufacturing costs than raise efficiency.
Redcoats
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Realistically marking, maybe 57+ out of 60
haarithiop
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Redcoats)
Realistically marking, maybe 57+ out of 60
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Redcoats
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by haarithiop)
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Yusuf90
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by surina16)
Hi, I got that as well
I converted the 2 hours into seconds by doing 2 * 60 * 60 = 7200.
46200/7600 = 6.4166666666
rounded that to 6.42
I got that as well but not sure if that's right 😐
Hanahassan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by milolj)
I put that aswell i think its wrong
22 was the the temperature change, you subtract it from 100 to get 78 which is the temperature
haarithiop
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cela signifie beaucoup pour moi
R8123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Krish235)
Yes, but if the wavelength is bigger than the gap, then there's more diffraction than if the wavelength and the gap are the same size.
No, it's definitely if the gap is the same size, then this is when most diffraction will occur. I have read this a million times in revision books and even checked with my teacher. Sorry
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yusuf90)
I got that as well but not sure if that's right 😐
I checked it afterwards and I think it is right because 1W is the same as 1J/s
haarithiop
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rihana.c)
No, it's definitely if the gap is the same size, then this is when most diffraction will occur. I have read this a million times in revision books and even checked with my teacher. Sorry
i would agree my dear friend
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rihana.c)
I agree lol
Omz123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wait wtf.how did you only get 2/3 wrong...people like u will raise the grade boundaries 😜😂😂😞☹️
haarithiop
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Omz123)
Wait wtf.how did you only get 2/3 wrong...people like u will raise the grade boundaries 😜😂😂😞☹️
it's easy if you get every question correct
AlexPenney123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dh12345)
i dont get how increasing the volume has any effect on the RATE of evaporation ?
Because of the surface area will be less so less particles will evaporate in the same time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlexPenney123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hanahassan)
22 was the the temperature change, you subtract it from 100 to get 78 which is the temperature
I got that too but I put 100-22=78 in brackets below the answer bkx

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlexPenney123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Remember it's unoffial and the scheme doesn't cover all the questions, well done though

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE_account
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ihatehannah)
Completed mark scheme, hope it's clear and a good indication of what you got in the exam, good luck!
1. Frequency ( 1)

2. Echoes (1)

3. spread out, same as (2)

b) vibrations are parallel to the direction of energy transfer (2)

4. Expensive as National Grid is a long distance away from rural areas (1)

4b) ADVANTAGES
constant supply, little variation in output
£30k cheaper than wind turbine
renewable resource
doesn't produce as much noise as wind
No CO2

DISADVANTAGES
could ruin ecosystem by preventing free movement of fish
May need maintenance unlike wind
Lower power output - 8W compared to 10W

Wind - ADVANTAGES
higher average output
Needs little maintenance
renewable resource
Easily expanded
No CO2

DISADVANTAGES
Eyesore
noise pollution
Wind speeds vary, meaning there could be times of under- or oversupply
Costs 50k, 30k more than HEP (6)

5. inefficient as less or little energy used to heat food as heat is lost as infrared radiation to the surroundings(2)

uses of infrared(1) : remote controls, optical fibres

uses of microwaves(1): mobile phones, satellites

b) properties of microwaves and infra red radiation (2): can diffract, can refract, travel same speed in vaccuum, both transverse waves, can be reflected transverse• same speed (through air)• can be reflected• can be refracted• can be diffracted• can be absorbed• transfer energy• can travel through a vacuum• can be polarised• show interference

calculation questions, 340 m/s for first one (2) then 78 degrees(3) , then 6.4 watts(2) then 0.07 degrees/s (2) efficiency question was 0.48 W (2)

6. Fins increase surface area and black matt a are good absorbers of heat (2)

7. cosmic microwave background radiation (1)

b) provides evidence for the big bang theory (1)

10. They keep costs as low as possible as efficiency does not increase as much but the cost goes up rapidly , ( give example and data figures to secure the marks) (2)

11. why france will still use nuclear power(2) : cost of electricity is cheaper(1) and produces much more electricity(1) , produces no greenhouse gases like co2(1)

12. Disadvantages of nuclear power stations(2): raw materials are non- renewable, high decommissioning costs, produces radioactive waste.

13. factors that affect rate of energy transfer of mug(2): room temperature, surface area , how shiny it is( not sure about this one) and colour of the mug

b) particles gain kinetic energy and collide more frequently, passing on their extra kinetic energy to other particles .(2)

c) how is a convection current formed in the mug(4): liquid at the bottom is heated and particles gain kinetic energy and move away from each other, this makes the liquid less dense , causing it to rise and displace the denser colder liquid at the top , the denser particles then fall and is heated again.

14) control variable for the investigation measuring rate of evaporation (1) : same beaker or same type of beaker, same position in the room., same thermometer .

b) why is the data logger better(2): more accurate (1) , easier to read(1) , more precise (1) avoids human error (1)

15 relationship of the graph comparing 3 types of beakers and their rate of evaporation(1): as time increases, rate of evaporation decreases.

b) Beaker A(1) gradient of the line is the lowest and the final temperature is the highest of em all

c) If investigation was repeated with lower volume , what effect would it have(1) : rate of evaporation will be higher (1)

Why evaporation causes temperature to decrease (3): particles with enough kinetic energy and travelling in the right direction will escape the liquid and evaporate and take their kinetic energy with them , which means average kinetic energy of particles in liquid is lower and thus temperature is lower.

16) why a vacuum reduces energy transfer (2) : no particles so stops energy transfer by conduction , convection.
How many marks do you get for question the wrong answer in the equations but using the right calculation?

2: can you put bends at the edges?

4: can you put amount of energy required doesn't justify spending the money connecting the houses to the national grid?

5: can you say the saucepan might reflect some of the energy?

12: can you put there's always the risk of nuclear disasters e.g. chernobyl

13: can you put volume?

14: can you put room temperature?

15c: can you say energy transfer would increase
R8123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i would agree my dear friend
(Original post by surina16)
I agree lol
aha thanks, I'm pretty sure so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (300)
31.06%
The paper was reasonable (389)
40.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
16.15%
It was TERRIBLE (121)
12.53%

Watched Threads