Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there defo no arsey type thing out there with the answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linaxq)
    Is there defo no arsey type thing out there with the answers?
    Well Arsey himself stopped doing these model answers as Edexcel didn't want him to.

ReputationRep:
    And straw poll doesnt allow double voting it has a ip check

ReputationRep:
    My answers:
    1).
    a). q=-8, p=2, r=11
    b). 11/3m

2).
    P=4900w
    R=784N
    b). d=53.1m

3).
    c=10/3

4).
    x=0.83m below
    angle= 114 degrees

5).
    d= 2.56m

6). lambda= 30/7 (4.29)
    speed= 10.4m
    angle= 73.6 degrees to the vector i (horizontal)

7). A= 3u/20 (left)
    B= 21u/10 (right)
    e=1/14
    no collision as B after wall moves at the same speed as A, hence never meet

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can tell me what working outs u got

ReputationRep:
    My answers i think lol, lemme know if you got different
    1) 4 and 11/3
    2)r=784 p=4900, d=10/3
    3)53.1m,
    4)0.83, angle 113.6
    5)cant remember expressions but got 2.56
    6)10.44, and angle 7.33
    7)a) 2.1u and 0.15u
    b)e=1/14
    C) no collision as same speed and direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linaxq)
    2 polls with similar results will increase the reliability of the final conclusion on grade boundaries no?
    True. Looks like the clear majority found it hard. :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartalan73)
    Can anyone explain how they got such big angles for the angle between AD and the vertical in the COM question? I don't understand how you can get an angle bigger than 90 degrees?
    There is 2 angle, depend on which one you pick, i got 66.4 other people did 180-66.4 so if you draw the shape then the examiner will know which angle you have chosen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarshaPeed)
    Personally I think the paper looked weird af but was alright if you applied your mechanics. I can never do centre of mass questions anyways so I probably got that wrong (oh well). Other than that the paper was super non-standard with a lot of weird questions. Also anyone who did FP2 will understand that p,q and r and no longer part of my alphabet as they are disgusting letters and should be killed with fire.
    Except they stuck the alphabet in question 1 lmao

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    how many marks do you think i'll lose for b and c if i got lambda wrong in 6a but then did the right method onwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartalan73)
    Can anyone explain how they got such big angles for the angle between AD and the vertical in the COM question? I don't understand how you can get an angle bigger than 90 degrees?
    (Original post by Khoinet)
    There is 2 angle, depend on which one you pick, i got 66.4 other people did 180-66.4 so if you draw the shape then the examiner will know which angle you have chosen.

It asked for the angle between AB(? either way, the left side of the shape), so 180 - 45 - angle for AD.

ReputationRep:
    There is only one angle to the downward vertical

ReputationRep:
    what numbers did you use to get that angle? 0.83 and ?

ReputationRep:
    1. Can someone explain how youll lose marks for sig figs

for example for lambda and c i did the fractions but wrote next to them the decimal to one decimal place and the degrees of the projectile below the hotizontal to eith 73.6 or 73.63

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RThornton)
    My answers:
    1).
    a). q=-8, p=2, r=11
    b). 11/3m

2).
    P=4900w
    R=784N
    b). d=53.1m

3).
    c=10/3

4).
    x=0.83m below
    angle= 114 degrees

5).
    d= 2.56m

6). lambda= 30/7 (4.29)
    speed= 10.4m
    angle= 73.6 degrees to the vector i (horizontal)

7). A= 3u/20 (left)
    B= 21u/10 (right)
    e=1/14
    no collision as B after wall moves at the same speed as A, hence never meet
    I got the same answer with you for everything, except the angle between centre of mass and DC. Got 66.4 which is 180-114

ReputationRep:
    Anyone able to explain how you calculated the angle for the centre of mass question?

ReputationRep:
    Pls someone post question and answers im about to cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    It asked for the angle between AB(? either way, the left side of the shape), so 180 - 45 - angle for AD.
    Ah i think I just did it between AD and the vertical, thanks I get it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB111)
    Can anyone remember the questions
    Q1 was about velocity. given 3 unknowns, something like v = pt^2 - qt + r then told various info about it. Asked you to work out a at t = 2, then overall distance travelled in the 3rd second.

Q2 was about a car of 800kg on a slope. you're told the power in terms of P, and resistance as R. Work out what R and P are. then work out distance travelled etc.

Q3 was an impulse one. c is the unknown, given the impulse, given v and u in terms of c, Work out C.

Q4 was COM. You had a quarter of a circle and an equilateral triangle cut out of it. Work out the COM and angle when hung from a point.

Q5 was a moments one with a non-uniform rod. Find an equaiton for the normal and Fr in terms of g, d and theta. what does d = when tan(theta) = x.

Q6 was velocity again, using vectors work out an unknown (x(i - j)) then work out its speed when it reaches that point. and then work out the direction.

Q7 was collision. What's the speed of A and B when they collide? b collides with a wall work out e and do A and B collide again?

Cant remember the actual values but that was the idea.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many marks question 4 was?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.