The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Srs note, his goal has nothing to do with him being a perfect fit. He plays as a RW and how many top ones are there available? Also, he's playing in a team thats renowned for having disciplined players, which Jose admires and hence why Saul would be the perfect fit for a RW in Jose's team.
    RW? ffs

(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    The whole getting a solely creative midfielder thing that DirtyBit is going on about makes sense if Rooney wasn't in the side. However Rooney is in the side, you are probably going to get Ibra so there's no space for a creative midfielder in mourinho's system. A creative winger however there is space for, but you best be made sure that the winger will be tracking back loads.
    You guys used to play Oscar, Fabregas and Matic so I don't see why not if we play a DM (That isn't Carrick)
    Rooney playing Oscar's role. Schneiderlin playing Matic's role and a creative player to play the role of Fabregas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    RW? ffs

You guys used to play Oscar, Fabregas and Matic so I don't see why not if we play a DM (That isn't Carrick)
    Rooney playing Oscar's role. Schneiderlin playing Matic's role and a creative player to play the role of Fabregas.
    He can play on the right.

If you want to be technical then RM ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Rk tryna get into the fight, only to get rekt himself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    RW? ffs

Fabregas is a different type of creative player and you need a proper DM(that isn't Carrick).

Oscar's role in the 4-2-3-1 is an attacking midfielder who often floats from wing to wing with a fair amount of fluidity. It's a role that Rooney can't do for his clear lack of dynamism in comparison to his earlier days at United(hence why Rooney no longer plays on the wing like he has done previously for United)

Fabregas' role is a CM at Chelsea and he worked as a deep lying playmaker, getting passes into Costa from deep. It wasn't just a creative role anyway as he had to do a fair amount of defensive work anyway but a creative player in Fabregas' mould with Rooney probably won't work. I don't really think that Rooney has the technical ability of Oscar in tight spaces either.

Way I see it you are looking to change your entire midfield to accommodate one creative player(despite having 2 creative players on the team in Mata and Herrera already) when really a box to box midfielder(essentially an upgrade on one of Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger) would be better suited. Plus anyway I don't think a creative midfielder is important when Carrick/Schweinsteiger are playing deep, especially if you were to get a creative RW with pace(i.e. not Saul RK).

The issue is probably more so to do with your pedestrian football and not being able to increase the tempo of your game. Chelsea have had a similar problem this season despite having that so called 'creative player' you look for in Fabregas.

ReputationRep:
    bammy jastard 27
    Perhaps that might be the case, but its not like theres an abundance of RW/RM available in the market which would fit the bill.

ReputationRep:
    Isco
    Rooney Schneiderlin/New CM

Boom.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well you never know. Bayern got Douglas Costa, Cuadrado moved to Juve on loan and did well there. Coman went to Bayern.

Plus there's always Riyad Mahrez.

I don't think Rooney at CM is a proper reliable option personally but he'll play there anyway so I guess you lot make sense when you add him there in the lineup.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't start him personally but he's the captain and we all know he will be picked so got to make do.

Wouldn't mind Naiggolan in the centre.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I guess we're all on the same wavelength then.

ReputationRep:
    i think rooney will play well in cm personally

ReputationRep:
    Let's all say personally

ReputationRep:
    Zlatan pls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    can we sign arnuatovic?
    BEHAVE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Zlatan pls.
    He's coming :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Ultimate troll.

ReputationRep:
    Is Rooney guaranteed to start? Jose has no problem getting rid of favourites and making big calls. He'd be supported by most of the Man Utd fan base, especially when Rooney throws a tantrum. Personally, I think James Rodriguez will be playing at #10. I think Memphis could play right wing and a new manager could reinvigorate him. Martial could play the Eto'o role of 09/10 on the left wing.

I see Man Utd lining up more like Inter than Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    He also is a big lover of Rooney and tends to favour particular players(e.g. his usage of Ivanovic over Filipe Luis) because it suits him.

Rooney is not being shifted, only SAF has the ability to shift Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Rooney is not being shifted, only SAF has the ability to shift Rooney.
    Yup, and Rooney - pardon the pun - is a jammy bugger as had SAF not retired when he did, he was a goner but Moyes was always going to bow down and Van Gaal, the 'Iron Tulip' was public in his confirmation that the captain has special privileges. Mourinho likes him so he'll be around plus the club still see him as a commercial asset as shown by that ridiculous movie tie in he did for X-Men.

Mata/Blind seem to be on the way out but slightly worried he's keen to get rid of the latter. I mean, his versatility I thought would endear him to Jose but he likes his players a certain way plus he might feel as a fan of LVG, Blind might not be a happy camper around the place.

I'd give players like Schweinsteiger, Depay, Schneiderlin, Darmian (actually, most of LVG's signings) another season. Bastian was playing in a way that Van Gaal loved hence he gave him special treatment to recover from injury abroad but under Mourinho, he might show better form. Depay would need to work harder; Schneiderlin didn't benefit from getting regular games and poor handling by the coach; Darmian started off OK before he grew stubble and unkept hair..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Yup, and Rooney - pardon the pun - is a jammy bugger as had SAF not retired when he did, he was a goner but Moyes was always going to bow down and Van Gaal, the 'Iron Tulip' was public in his confirmation that the captain has special privileges. Mourinho likes him so he'll be around plus the club still see him as a commercial asset as shown by that ridiculous movie tie in he did for X-Men.

Mata/Blind seem to be on the way out but slightly worried he's keen to get rid of the latter. I mean, his versatility I thought would endear him to Jose but he likes his players a certain way plus he might feel as a fan of LVG, Blind might not be a happy camper around the place.

I'd give players like Schweinsteiger, Depay, Schneiderlin, Darmian (actually, most of LVG's signings) another season. Bastian was playing in a way that Van Gaal loved hence he gave him special treatment to recover from injury abroad but under Mourinho, he might show better form. Depay would need to work harder; Schneiderlin didn't benefit from getting regular games and poor handling by the coach; Darmian started off OK before he grew stubble and unkept hair..
    Rooney got very lucky because he would have been sold to Chelsea that summer without any problems if SAF wanted him to.

Yeah Blind seems like he's gone, I reckon there isn't space for him in the first XI but Mourinho would like to use him if possible as a utility man. I think this gives you space for a central midfield player. Hopefully selling Blind means that he wants to keep Borthwick Jackson, he's never been keen on having excess fullbacks in the first team.

Anyway I'm actually worried about City. They've sorted out the midfield with Gundogan, looking to get a CB(Marquinhos rumours) and will probably get a fullback. CL congestion will probably still hurt them again though. Very hard for a team to be consistent in both PL and CL these days.

I think there are 5 or even 6 title contenders.

ReputationRep:
    Timothy Mensah is Nwakeme's wet dream tbf.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.